Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac playing Jazz Fest on May 2nd

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - Fleetwood Mac has been added to the Thursday, May 2 music lineup for the 50th Anniversary New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. One of America’s most iconic groups and Rock and Roll Hall of Famers since 1998, Fleetwood Mac’s long list of classics include “Go Your Own Way,” “Don’t Stop,” “Dreams,” “Rhiannon,” “You Make Loving Fun,” “Landslide,” and countless other hits. Fleetwood Mac includes Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Stevie Nicks, and Christine McVie, along with newcomers Mike Campbell and Neil Finn.

The Rolling Stones were originally scheduled as the headliner May 2, but had to cancel their tour due to medical issues with Mick Jagger. He reportedly had heart surgery last week.

General Refund Information for May 2 (Rolling Stones)

• All General Admission tickets for May 2 will be refunded in full

• Ticketholders will receive their refunds at their initial point of purchase (i.e. orders on Ticketmaster.com will be refunded by Ticketmaster; orders purchased via a third party must seek refund from the third party; and Superdome/Smoothie King purchases will be refunded at Smoothie King Center)

May 2 will also feature Tom Jones, Ziggy Marley, Mavis Staples, Regina Carter’s Southern Comfort," along with an incomparable roster of Louisiana’s finest artists. Please note: the updated May 2 day at Jazz Fest will now present a full day’s schedule on all music stages.

A day-specific ticket is required for admission to May 2. Tickets to May 2 are only $75 through April 19. A limited number of VIP packages are available.

Tickets are available at www.nojazzfest.com and www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets can be purchased in-person at the Smoothie King Center Box Office. All general admission Jazz Fest tickets are subject to additional service fees and handling charges.

All General Admission tickets for May 2 will be refunded in full. Ticketholders will receive their refunds at their initial point of purchase (orders from Ticketmaster will be refunded by Ticketmaster; orders purchased via a third party must seek refund from the third party; and Superdome/Smoothie King purchases will be refunded at Smoothie King Center)

http://www.wafb.com/2019/04/04/fleet...-music-lineup/
Old 04-08-2019, 03:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac Cancels Jazzfest

Fleetwood Mac cancels Jazzfest appearance due to Stevie Nicks having the flu:

https://www.nola.com/entertainment/2...fest-show.html
We can all break down forever " 💔
Old 04-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That’s A long time away to cancel something for the flu.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
That’s A long time away to cancel something for the flu.

Very special persons must get very special flu- versions.

Now I could say soooo many snarky things but I'll be good.

Anyway. Looks like Jazzfest's looking up in any event!!

Old 04-08-2019, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought it was odd they would schedule a one-off like that weeks ahead of Europe. But, it doesn’t matter now.

A 2 month break for them is probably needed given the pace they have been on since last spring.

If they are able to re-schedule these after NZ, it will be nice to see them wrap it all up in the states or North America at least. Boston or Philly would be a nice farewell.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A nice farewell would be for SN to Apologize for what she’s done and invite Lindsey back, but that will never happen.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Get well soon Stevie!
Old 04-13-2019, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default SN was hospitalized for pneumonia

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/j...a1jrpcYPz_jwwc

ENTERTAINMENT
Jazz Fest's Quint Davis recounts losing Rolling Stones & Fleetwood Mac: 'We have to do something else, but we have to do it fast'
Jazz Fest producer talks about losing major headliners The Rolling Stones and Fleetwood Mac in one week's time
Author: Eric Paulsen, Dominic Massa
Published: 5:26 PM CDT April 12, 2019
Updated: 5:26 PM CDT April 12, 2019
NEW ORLEANS — Quint Davis and the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival he famously produces have endured the challenges and doubts raised by 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina, cancellations by artists Aretha Franklin, Fats Domino and everyone in between. Then there’s the weather, which has wreaked havoc more than a few times over the past 50 years.

ADVERTISEMENTSCROLL TO CONTINUE READING

2019 CMA Fest Lineup Announced: Luke Bryan, Carrie Underwood and More | Billboard News
FEATURED BY
But Davis has likely never endured anything quite like what he and his team have been through the past two weeks. When he boasted a few months ago that the upcoming 50th anniversary New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival would be memorable, he likely didn’t mean this.

First, it was the cancellation on March 30 of the fest's major and much-anticipated headliner, The Rolling Stones, who postponed their entire upcoming tour because of a medical condition facing frontman Mick Jagger. It was later revealed that Jagger would have to undergo heart valve replacement surgery.

RELATED: 'You Can't Always Get What You Want!' Stones fans mourn Jazz Fest cancellation

“That's a pretty good excuse, right?” Davis said in an exclusive interview with WWL-TV on Friday.

“So I'm working like over a weekend, 48 hours, to do something (to replace The Rolling Stones) and got Fleetwood Mac, which is one of the greatest bands in the world, in American history,” he explained.

But even that would turn out to be short-lived because of Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks' bout with the flu.

“They canceled two or three shows and I'm talking to them every day,” Davis said, “and they're like Stevie (Nicks), she's got the flu. she's in bed, she's got a head cold. She's in bed, she's got the flu but we think we'll play tomorrow, we'll think we play tomorrow.”

RELATED: Fleetwood Mac cancels Jazz Fest appearance

“Then I get this call, I think it's a Sunday morning, and it's really a distress kind of call. Stevie's been admitted to the hospital for pneumonia,” Davis recounted.

So on Monday, just nine days after the Stones’ cancellation, Davis and his team were forced to announce that Fleetwood Mac would also have to cancel its May 2 Jazz Fest appearance.

On Friday, Paulsen asked Davis what went through his mind at that point.

“Well, then we have to do something else but we have to do it fast. We're talking about 17 days left and then I'm thinking it's going to be hard to get another group to come because right now every group that comes here, within 48 hours is hospitalized!” he laughed.

In the end, Davis would secure Widespread Panic as the May 2 Acura Stage headliner. He and his team would also have to face questions about ticket refunds and new policies for “Locals’ Thursday,” with or without the Stones or Fleetwood Mac. Now the focus is on opening day: April 25, and not the May 2 that might have been.

RELATED: Fest adds 'Widespread Panic' after Fleetwood Mac drops; Both Thursdays now 'Locals Thursdays'

While Davis admits that losing both iconic acts was a loss, he also said that the ups and downs of the past two weeks can also refocus fest fans’ attention on the fact that this year’s lineup features dozens of A-listers, even if they aren’t named Mick or Stevie.

“With the Stones it was this prophecy, 50 year prophecy: the Stones at Jazz Fest. And that became you know the mountain over the festival, everything was pointed at that,” Davis said.

RELATED: Who is Widespread Panic, Jazz Fest's new headliner?

“Before that, it was like the greatest 50th anniversary ever- Santana, Van Morrison, Katy Perry, Jimmy Buffett, Dave Matthews, you know, up and down. (People said) ‘Oh man, that's the greatest festival ever.’ And then when the Stones came it sort of all disappeared, it all went under a cloud. And when that went away, then it sort of became Jazz Fest again. It became the 50th Jazz Fest again.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-13-2019, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/j...a1jrpcYPz_jwwc

ENTERTAINMENT
Jazz Fest's Quint Davis recounts losing Rolling Stones & Fleetwood Mac: 'We have to do something else, but we have to do it fast'
Jazz Fest producer talks about losing major headliners The Rolling Stones and Fleetwood Mac in one week's time
Author: Eric Paulsen, Dominic Massa
Published: 5:26 PM CDT April 12, 2019
Updated: 5:26 PM CDT April 12, 2019
NEW ORLEANS — Quint Davis and the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival he famously produces have endured the challenges and doubts raised by 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina, cancellations by artists Aretha Franklin, Fats Domino and everyone in between. Then there’s the weather, which has wreaked havoc more than a few times over the past 50 years.

ADVERTISEMENTSCROLL TO CONTINUE READING

2019 CMA Fest Lineup Announced: Luke Bryan, Carrie Underwood and More | Billboard News
FEATURED BY
But Davis has likely never endured anything quite like what he and his team have been through the past two weeks. When he boasted a few months ago that the upcoming 50th anniversary New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival would be memorable, he likely didn’t mean this.

First, it was the cancellation on March 30 of the fest's major and much-anticipated headliner, The Rolling Stones, who postponed their entire upcoming tour because of a medical condition facing frontman Mick Jagger. It was later revealed that Jagger would have to undergo heart valve replacement surgery.

RELATED: 'You Can't Always Get What You Want!' Stones fans mourn Jazz Fest cancellation

“That's a pretty good excuse, right?” Davis said in an exclusive interview with WWL-TV on Friday.

“So I'm working like over a weekend, 48 hours, to do something (to replace The Rolling Stones) and got Fleetwood Mac, which is one of the greatest bands in the world, in American history,” he explained.

But even that would turn out to be short-lived because of Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks' bout with the flu.

“They canceled two or three shows and I'm talking to them every day,” Davis said, “and they're like Stevie (Nicks), she's got the flu. she's in bed, she's got a head cold. She's in bed, she's got the flu but we think we'll play tomorrow, we'll think we play tomorrow.”

RELATED: Fleetwood Mac cancels Jazz Fest appearance

“Then I get this call, I think it's a Sunday morning, and it's really a distress kind of call. Stevie's been admitted to the hospital for pneumonia,” Davis recounted.

So on Monday, just nine days after the Stones’ cancellation, Davis and his team were forced to announce that Fleetwood Mac would also have to cancel its May 2 Jazz Fest appearance.

On Friday, Paulsen asked Davis what went through his mind at that point.

“Well, then we have to do something else but we have to do it fast. We're talking about 17 days left and then I'm thinking it's going to be hard to get another group to come because right now every group that comes here, within 48 hours is hospitalized!” he laughed.

In the end, Davis would secure Widespread Panic as the May 2 Acura Stage headliner. He and his team would also have to face questions about ticket refunds and new policies for “Locals’ Thursday,” with or without the Stones or Fleetwood Mac. Now the focus is on opening day: April 25, and not the May 2 that might have been.

RELATED: Fest adds 'Widespread Panic' after Fleetwood Mac drops; Both Thursdays now 'Locals Thursdays'

While Davis admits that losing both iconic acts was a loss, he also said that the ups and downs of the past two weeks can also refocus fest fans’ attention on the fact that this year’s lineup features dozens of A-listers, even if they aren’t named Mick or Stevie.

“With the Stones it was this prophecy, 50 year prophecy: the Stones at Jazz Fest. And that became you know the mountain over the festival, everything was pointed at that,” Davis said.

RELATED: Who is Widespread Panic, Jazz Fest's new headliner?

“Before that, it was like the greatest 50th anniversary ever- Santana, Van Morrison, Katy Perry, Jimmy Buffett, Dave Matthews, you know, up and down. (People said) ‘Oh man, that's the greatest festival ever.’ And then when the Stones came it sort of all disappeared, it all went under a cloud. And when that went away, then it sort of became Jazz Fest again. It became the 50th Jazz Fest again.”
Yikes, hospitalized for pneumonia. Wasn't that what happened when her mom passed away? That had to bring up some terrible memories. Hope she feels better soon. All the constant travel, recycled airplane cabin air, new hotel rooms every couple of nights, winter weather, fatigue, cold/flu season germs everywhere. It must be a recipe for illness for bands on winter tours. (speaking of feeling better, I know you have your finger on the pulse of all the latest Lindsey news, have there been any updates on how his recovery is going?)
Old 04-14-2019, 04:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I remember when Stevie would shake hands during Edge and I thought that even with her gloves on it was so unhealthy.

Pneumonia is very bad. I mean I have seen people survive surgery, but succumb to pneumonia afterwards. But one of the worst things is having it and not knowing. Once you know and take the necessary precautions and care that is half the battle.

I think her being a singer probably helped her get diagnosed sooner because you always have to be aware of your breathing capacity and if you lose it, you find out why. So many lay people just don’t know the signs or what that pressure on the lungs can do.

Even if she only had the flu I thought that thinking you might need 3 or more weeks to recover from the flu was perfectly reasonsble. Cancelling Jaxz Fest was compatible with the flu in my head. I had the flu a long time ago and it made me sick for 2 weeks, which is fine but I wasn’t traveling on the road afterwards.

Last edited by michelej1; 04-14-2019 at 04:50 AM..