The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Seeds we sow tab/chords/tunings?

Are the any (more competent than me) guitarists out there who have worked out a tab or even just the chords for Seeds we sow?

Cheers

Mike
Old 09-09-2015, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know someone who received the red vinyl version
of this yesterday. Cool!

I just play what I hear. So I'm no help to you.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:02 PM
Ledgie

Always wondered if there would be support for a Musicians forum on this site - for questions not just about guitar, but voice and other instruments too. I do find some things on the internet, but not really cohesive, or covering all instruments/all Fleetwood mac. For me, I love to find transcriptions not just of chords but fingerstyle guitar tab as well. A great way to share their music of the last 40 years. Thoughts??
Old 09-10-2015, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
Always wondered if there would be support for a Musicians forum on this site - for questions not just about guitar, but voice and other instruments too. I do find some things on the internet, but not really cohesive, or covering all instruments/all Fleetwood mac. For me, I love to find transcriptions not just of chords but fingerstyle guitar tab as well. A great way to share their music of the last 40 years. Thoughts??
I think it's a great idea! I generally go to ultimate guitar first, but you never really know how accurate those entries are (how many different versions of Landslide can there be?).

I'm currently taking a Rumours class, and was trying to find a different chord pattern for the Chain, but there's only one well rated one at ultimate guitar. I trust people here more.

Side note for Chicagoans here- Old Town School of Folk Music will be having a FM white album class in the fall for those interested.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:00 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
I think it's a great idea! I generally go to ultimate guitar first, but you never really know how accurate those entries are (how many different versions of Landslide can there be?).

I'm currently taking a Rumours class, and was trying to find a different chord pattern for the Chain, but there's only one well rated one at ultimate guitar. I trust people here more.

Side note for Chicagoans here- Old Town School of Folk Music will be having a FM white album class in the fall for those interested.
What do you mean about taking a "Rumours Class?" I see by the context that it's from a folk music school, but thought it'd be neat to hear firsthand about your experience. It sounds fascinating.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think I may have a tab of it lying around somewhere, I spent a week working it out a few years ago. It's not fully accurate, but the tuning is 100 % correct. I will send it on later if I can find it.

As for the questions about having a musician section on this site I think that would be quite useful.

I've also worked out Rock Away Blind, and most recently She Acts Like You, but I have yet to type out the latter. If there is any interest let me know!
Old 09-14-2015, 05:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Also, in addition to my previous comment, I know that there are tabs out there for a few other Lindsey songs too.

Paul, aka Madness Fades, probably has a lot of them saved.

I know that the following Lindsey tabs exist somewhere, and I would recommend taking the time to learn all of them:

I Am Waiting
Bleed To Love Her
Shut Us Down (This version doesn't have the mid-solo, I can tab that part if there is interest)
Red Rover
Down On Rodeo
Trouble
Don't Look Down Intro
Try For The Sun

Oh also, I could post a tab to the live version of Stephanie the way he plays it now. Again, if there is enough interest I could be persuaded to spend some time working on making the tab.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:11 AM
Ledgie

Wow would love Stephanie, and have been wanting that middle part of Shut Us Down for ages!! Yes please! In general, this could become a really great resource- not sure how to ask mods/site mgrs??
Old 09-14-2015, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBigLove View Post
What do you mean about taking a "Rumours Class?" I see by the context that it's from a folk music school, but thought it'd be neat to hear firsthand about your experience. It sounds fascinating.
Sure! It's an 8 week class (one class per week) learning the songs off of Rumours. In the first two weeks we've done all of the songs except for Oh Daddy. First couple of weeks were more strumming than anything else, and now we'll work more on embellishments.

This particular class has about 20 people in it (most of any class I've taken there; it was actually the only class that had a waiting list this session). About half are acoustic guitar players, a couple of electrics, one bass, one piano, and two drummers. Generally after the 8 weeks, classes either put on a concert for the other classes of the session at the School, or some will play in a local bar. Not sure which we're going to do yet.

Here's a link to the class. Originally session 6 was listed as 1975 FM, but now it's changed to general FM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W-Suite View Post
Again, if there is enough interest I could be persuaded to spend some time working on making the tab.
I'm interested in any and all Lindsey tabs!
Old 09-20-2015, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That would be totally cool!!! Wish I lived somewhere that offered that!! Not like I could probably play a guitar anywhere near even ok, but I'd still like trying.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:26 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W-Suite View Post
Also, in addition to my previous comment, I know that there are tabs out there for a few other Lindsey songs too.

Paul, aka Madness Fades, probably has a lot of them saved.

I know that the following Lindsey tabs exist somewhere, and I would recommend taking the time to learn all of them:

I Am Waiting
Bleed To Love Her
Shut Us Down (This version doesn't have the mid-solo, I can tab that part if there is interest)
Red Rover
Down On Rodeo
Trouble
Don't Look Down Intro
Try For The Sun

Oh also, I could post a tab to the live version of Stephanie the way he plays it now. Again, if there is enough interest I could be persuaded to spend some time working on making the tab.
Would love to see the tab to the current version of "Stephanie"!
Old 01-07-2016, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBigLove View Post
Would love to see the tab to the current version of "Stephanie"!
I have that tab too if you never got it. Someone went it to me from YouTube and its really good
Old 01-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Ledgie

Would love to see "Stephanie." Have worked out some of it, but seeing a tab would expedite the process significantly. Thanks so much!