Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default not much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now

these articles based on recent Lindsey tweets keep popping up so i'll put them in a separate thread since they don't really fit into social media thread.

https://bestclassicbands.com/lindsey...awsuit-1-7-19/
Lindsey Buckingham: Mac Split ‘Dishonors’ Band’s Legacy

Fleetwood Mac in 2014, with Lindsey Buckingham at center

Lindsey Buckingham took to Twitter on Jan. 6 to offer new opinions on his 2018 split from Fleetwood Mac. In a reply to a tweet, Buckingham didn’t pull any punches, writing “I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now.” He added that the split “completely dishonors the beautiful… legacy we built together.”

Buckingham’s tweets follow an interview that aired on Dec. 8, in which he revealed that he and Fleetwood Mac have settled the lawsuit that he filed earlier in 2018. The band’s longtime guitarist and songwriter had accused the Mac of breach of fiduciary duty and other charges. Buckingham had been abruptly dismissed from Fleetwood Mac in the spring. The lawsuit came to light in October.

On Jan. 6, the Twitter account @Fryartuck asked the musician: “do you ever actually miss being in Fleetwood Mac?” Buckingham’s full two-part response: “I can’t say that I ‘miss’ being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened. So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now. What I’m sad about is the split completely dishonors the beautiful 43 year legacy we built together, one that was always about rising above difficulties in order to pursue a higher truth.”

Buckingham told CBS This Morning‘s Anthony Mason, in his first television interview since their split: “We’ve all signed off on something,” indicating that the agreement had been reached a few weeks’ ago. But he points the finger at Stevie Nicks.

Mason asked Buckingham if he was happy with it. “I’m happy enough with it,” was the reply. “I’m not out there trying to twist the knife at all. I’m trying to look at this with some level of compassion, some level of wisdom.”

When asked if he felt he “had been kicked out of the family,” the musician said: “I do.” In measured words, he added: “I don’t feel that it was something that was my doing. It hurt for a while.”

Buckingham points the finger at Nicks: “It appeared to me that she was looking for something to hang on me in order to instigate some kind of a coup. Either I had to go or she was going to go. None of it makes sense to me.”

He says that Christine McVie, who toured with Buckingham in 2017 as a duo after the pair released a studio album, wrote to him. It said, in part: “I had nothing to do with this. I miss you so much.”

Watch a portion of the CBS This Morning interview that aired on Dec. 8

The complaint filed by the axed musician, who has finished a solo tour and released the three-CD Solo Anthology—The Best Of Lindsey Buckingham, said, “This action is necessary to enforce Buckingham’s right to share in the economic opportunities he is entitled to as a member of the partnership created to operate the business of Fleetwood Mac.” It further stated, “By excluding Buckingham from participating in the 2018-2019 Fleetwood Mac tour in breach of their fiduciary duties of loyalty and good faith and fair dealing, the Defendants intentionally acted to interfere with Buckingham’s relationship with Live Nation and the prospective economic benefit he was to receive as a result of his participation in the tour.”

Related: Our Oct. 13 concert review of Buckingham

Buckingham’s Jan. 7 tweets about the split

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
I can’t say that I “miss” being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened. So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss...

Lord Jack Pryar
@Fryartuck
@LBuckingham do you ever actually miss being in Fleetwood Mac?

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
· Jan 6, 2019
I can’t say that I “miss” being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened. So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss...

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now. What I'm sad about is the split completely dishonors the beautiful 43 year legacy we built together, one that was always about rising above our difficulties in order to pursue a higher truth.

6:27 PM - Jan 6, 2019

At the same time Buckingham was dismissed from the band—which he joined in 1975, along with Stevie Nicks—the remaining members (Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Christine McVie) announced that they would tour with former Heartbreaker Mike Campbell and Crowded House leader Neil Finn replacing Buckingham. That tour is now underway.

Related: Our recap of opening night of the Mac tour

Said Fleetwood at the time, “Fleetwood Mac has always been about an amazing collection of songs that are performed with a unique blend of talents. We jammed with Mike and Neil and the chemistry really worked and let the band realize that this is the right combination to go forward with in Fleetwood Mac style. We know we have something new, yet it’s got the unmistakable Mac sound.”

Buckingham’s lawsuit alleged, “There has never been a written agreement among Christine McVie, John McVie, Buckingham, Fleetwood and Nicks,” and, “Absent a written partnership agreement, no partner in Fleetwood Mac may be terminated from the Partnership without cause.” Buckingham claimed that the decision to oust him was made as early as January of this year.

Related: Our recap of opening night of Buckingham’s tour

A spokesman for Fleetwood Mac responded to the lawsuit by stating, “It’s impossible for the band to offer comment on a legal complaint they have not seen. It’s fairly standard legal procedure to service the complaint to the parties involved, something that neither Mr. Buckingham nor his legal counsel have done. Which makes one wonder what the true motivations are when servicing press first with a legal complaint before the parties in dispute.”

Watch Fleetwood Mac, with Buckingham, in better times

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-08-2019, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default moving from social media thread

here's the other article based on recent Lindsey tweets -

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
someone wrote an article based on #Lindseytweets from last night.

https://www.kshe95.com/real-rock-new...-bands-legacy/

Home » Real Rock News » Lindsey Buckingham: Fleetwood Mac split ‘completely dishonors’ the band’s legacy

Lindsey Buckingham: Fleetwood Mac split ‘completely dishonors’ the band’s legacy
January 7, 2019
Photo by Steve Jennings/Getty Images

Lindsey Buckingham took to Twitter last night (January 6th), chatted with fans and relived a favorite holiday memory. Buckingham, who recently released his triple-disc Solo Anthology – The Best Of Lindsey Buckingham collection and wrapped a full-band solo tour, spoke about his feelings regarding Fleetwood Mac, who after 43 years fired him, seemingly — according to Buckingham — on a whim.

When asked if he missed Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham responded, “I can’t say that I ‘miss’ being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened. So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now. What I’m sad about is the split completely dishonors the beautiful 43 year legacy we built together, one that was always about rising above our difficulties in order to pursue a higher truth.”

When pressed as to whether the live acoustic treatment of Fleetwood Mac’s 1987’s Top 10 hit “Big Love” was how Buckingham composed it back in the day, he revealed, “‘Big Love’ was actually written as an ensemble piece, the way you hear it on Tango In The Night. It was later that I realized that a part of my continuing growth as an artist needed to include my reconnecting with my orchestral finger guitar style and to present songs that relied almost solely on that. ‘Big Love’ seemed to be a likely candidate for presenting live in that context, and indeed it turned out to be. It was the first of many!”

Buckingham went on to add a personal reflection, posting, “Though the holidays are over, I often think back on a wonderful memory of Christmas when I was seven. I’d been playing guitar for over a year by then, learning chords from a book and listening to my brother’s rock and roll records, but only had a four-string guitar to play. That season, a package showed up in my Mom’s closet, and I knew what it was. On Christmas I received a beautiful three-quarter size Harmony six-string acoustic guitar. I never looked back!”

Lindsey Buckingham told us recording as a solo act is entirely different than recording as part of Fleetwood Mac: “The way I work when I’m on my own, I mean, it’s very much like a painting, as opposed to working with a group. Fleetwood Mac was a lot like making a movie in the studio, because it’s more verbalizing, and there’s more links in the chain to get from point A, to point B, to point C. Whereas, if I’m working on my own, in a fairly quiet situation, it’s like a painter with a canvas where you may have a certain intent when you start out — and you have a color here and you’re filling it out and at some point the canvas will start to speak to you and take on a life of it’s own and direct you in another direction. And that was a lot of what I was interested in doing.”

Side Notes:

Lindsey Buckingham, who was ousted from Fleetwood Mac last year and recently settled a lawsuit with the group, spoke about the strange situation in which he’s been burned personally, publicly, and financially by people he still claims to love.

During a chat with Stereogum, Buckingham was pressed as to whether he’d ever rejoin Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham said, “Look, it’s Fleetwood Mac, anything’s possible. Maybe they’ll get it out of their system. If they ask me to come back, would I? Sure, because to me I think the lack of a proper farewell tour, if that’s what we’re doing, that doesn’t undercut, like I say, the legacy that we have so carefully built as the five of us, which they’re not doing right now. I don’t know what they’re doing. It’s a cover band kind of deal, and Stevie (Nicks) may be enjoying that, and that’s fine. If she is happy doing that, there is no one outcome that I think is going to be okay.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-09-2019, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

another article, similar text -

Old 01-11-2019, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

another article on basis of the same LB tweet plus the follow up ones about Christine's note and Tusk -

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/linds...28933RKpVN_qWA

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM SAYS HE DOESN’T MISS FLEETWOOD MAC
MARTIN KIELTY
January 11, 2019
Dia Dipasupil, Getty Images

Lindsey Buckingham said he didn’t miss being in Fleetwood Mac, partly because he's too busy concentrating on his solo work.
He was fired last year in a move that surprised fans, apparently as a result of a disagreement with Stevie Nicks. The band created a new lineup featuring Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, and went on to launch a world tour. Buckingham turned his attention to his solo anthology and tour, and a lawsuit between the parties was later settled.
“I can’t say that I ‘miss’ being in Fleetwood Mac,” Buckingham wrote in response to a fan question on Twitter, “as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened. So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss … especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now.”

He added, “What I’m sad about is the split completely dishonors the beautiful 43-year legacy we built together, one that was always about rising about our difficulties in order to pursue a higher truth.”

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham

Lord Jack Pryar
@Fryartuck

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
· Jan 6, 2019

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now. What I'm sad about is the split completely dishonors the beautiful 43 year legacy we built together, one that was always about rising above our difficulties in order to pursue a higher truth.

He confirmed that, to date, the only member he had heard from was Christine McVie. “Christine said she missed me very much, that FM wasn’t complete without me," Buckingham wrote. "[She] said she felt that Stevie was very likely regretting having given the rest of the band the ultimatum that forced my departure. Perhaps wishful thinking on Christine’s part. In any case, it was great to hear from her, and I do hope we work together again down the line.”

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
Yes, I did hear from Christine not long after we reached a settlement. (She’s the only one I’ve heard from). Christine said she missed me very much, that FM wasn’t complete without me...

Brent Bohan
@BohanBrent
@LBuckingham With the settlement of the lawsuit, have you had any contact with Christine? Would to see a BuckVie2!

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
· Jan 10, 2019
Yes, I did hear from Christine not long after we reached a settlement. (She’s the only one I’ve heard from). Christine said she missed me very much, that FM wasn’t complete without me...

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
and said she felt that Stevie was very likely regretting having given the rest of the band the ultimatum that forced my departure. Perhaps wishful thinking on Christine’s part. In any case, it was great to hear from her, and I do hope we work together again down the line.

In a warmer recollection, Buckingham recalled Fleetwood Mac’s Tusk era as a time when he stood up for his artistic beliefs. “The choice to make Tusk was a line in the sand,” he said. “It was the moment in which I chose to follow the creativity … not the money, to aspire to be an artist and risk taker rather opting to settle into a set of labels and formulas, even if it meant confounding expectations. In putting a show together in support of the album, that sensibility, that point of departure was tangible onstage as well.”

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
Looking back on the Tusk tour, I’d say that the meaning I derived from that tour was much the same as the meaning I derived from writing and recording the Tusk album. The choice to make Tusk was a line in the sand; it was the moment in which I chose to follow the creativity..

Marie Hasse
@mjhasse
@LBuckingham What was your favorite part of the Tusk tour?

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
· Jan 10, 2019
Looking back on the Tusk tour, I’d say that the meaning I derived from that tour was much the same as the meaning I derived from writing and recording the Tusk album. The choice to make Tusk was a line in the sand; it was the moment in which I chose to follow the creativity..

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
not the money, to aspire to be an artist & risk taker rather opting to settle into a set of labels and formulas, even if it meant confounding expectations. In putting a show together in support of the album, that sensibility, that point of departure was tangible on stage as well.

Old 01-11-2019, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and another -

https://globalnews.ca/news/4837672/l...medium=Twitter

Lindsey Buckingham ‘doesn’t miss’ being in Fleetwood Mac
By Adam Wallis
National Online Journalist, Music Global News

Lindsey Buckingham performs at the Palace of Fine Arts Theatre on Oct. 9, 2018 in San Francisco, Calif.

Steve Jennings/Getty Images

In a recent Twitter Q&A, Lindsey Buckingham admitted that he doesn’t miss being in Fleetwood Mac after being fired in 2018.

He was dismissed following the result of an ultimatum sparked by former bandmate Stevie Nicks, who allegedly holds a major distaste for Buckingham.

When asked if he “actually misses” being in the legendary band, the 69-year-old singer said:

“I can’t say that I ‘miss’ being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened.”

Following the official announcement of his departure in April, Buckingham was quick to get back to work on his solo career.

He released a compilation album, Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham (2018) on Oct. 5 and launched into a full North American tour.

(L-R) Stevie Nicks, John and Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac at Radio City Music Hall on Jan. 26, 2018, in New York City.

Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images

READ MORE: Lindsey Buckingham sues Fleetwood Mac over dismissal from band

In the revealing Twitter session, Buckingham admitted he isn’t very inclined to the newest formation of Fleetwood Mac.

“In a sense, the situation is still too new to miss,” he wrote. “Especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now.”

Surprised at how much Buckingham was willing to say, fans egged him on a little more and asked for details regarding a lawsuit he filed against the band late last year, as well as the status of his relationship with former bandmate, Christine McVie.

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham

Lord Jack Pryar
@Fryartuck

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
· Jan 6, 2019

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham

6:27 PM - Jan 6, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
124 people are talking about this

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham

Brent Bohan
@BohanBrent
@LBuckingham With the settlement of the lawsuit, have you had any contact with Christine? Would to see a BuckVie2!

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
· Jan 10, 2019

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
and said she felt that Stevie was very likely regretting having given the rest of the band the ultimatum that forced my departure. Perhaps wishful thinking on Christine’s part. In any case, it was great to hear from her, and I do hope we work together again down the line.

“Have you had any contact with Christine,” asked one user. “Yes,” he replied. “I did hear from Christine not long after we reached a settlement.”

Buckingham admitted that McVie was still the only member of the band he has actually heard from and added that she claimed to miss him. She even said Fleetwood Mac “wasn’t complete without” him.

He expressed a desire to work with McVie down the line and wrote “it was great to hear from her.”

Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie perform live at Budweiser Stage in Toronto, on July 5, 2017.

Buckingham was booted from Fleetwood Mac only two days after their MusiCares performance back in January. (They were being honoured as MusiCare’s Person of the Year in New York City.)

He received a call with the bad news from the band’s manager, Irving Azoff, and he allegedly said, “Stevie never wants to be on a stage with you again.”

Following reported arguments, Nicks also claimed he smirked during her acceptance speech at MusiCares.

Nicks reportedly gave the band an ultimatum: either he was out or she was. From that point on, Buckingham was cut out. He tried to reach out to his bandmates via calls and email but says he received no answers.

Lindsey Buckingham performing on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ on Oct. 1, 2018.

Buckingham was replaced by Tom Petty’s Heartbreaker, Mike Campbell, and Neil Finn of Crowded House. They will share guitar duties, while Finn now acts as the replacement co-vocalist to sing alongside Nicks.

Following his dismissal from the band, Buckingham filed a lawsuit against former bandmates, Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, John McVie and Christine McVie.

The suit was specifically filed for “breach of oral contract, breach of fiduciary duty and intentional interference with prospective economic advantage.”

He claimed that he was still interested in touring with the band, otherwise he wanted his share of the tour revenues — which was estimated by Live Nation to be more than US$12 million per band member.

After an interview on CBS’ This Morning back in December, Buckingham revealed that the suit was resolved. He admitted he was “happy enough” with the settlement and that he wasn’t “out there trying to twist the knife.”

“I’m trying to look at this with some level of compassion, some level of wisdom,” he added.

Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac performs onstage at Radio City Music Hall on Jan. 26, 2018, in New York City.

Although Buckingham finished his solo tour back in December, he’s planning on scheduling another run for 2019.

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
Excited to go back out on the road and play some shows in 2019. While we work out the details, where should we make sure to stop on the next tour?

Fleetwood Mac are still on the road for their ‘In Concert’ tour. There are four remaining Canadian stops on the tour.

Tickets are available through the official Fleetwood Mac website.

Fleetwood Mac Canadian tour dates 2019
04/08 — Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
04/11 — Winnipeg, Man. @ Bell MTS Place
04/13 — Edmonton, Alta. @ Rogers Place
04/15 — Calgary, Alta. @ Scotiabank Saddledome

Old 01-11-2019, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-...#entry36147408

Lindsey Buckingham says Christine McVie told him Fleetwood Mac "wasn't complete without" him

Credit: John Russo

Lindsey Buckingham revealed in a recent Twitter Q&A with fans that he's only had contact with one member of Fleetwood Mac since being fired from the band last year: singer/keyboardist Christine McVie, with whom he released a collaborative album in 2017.

Buckingham said that he heard from McVie shortly after he and Fleetwood Mac reached a settlement in the lawsuit he brought against the group over his dismissal.

"Christine said she missed me very much, that [Fleetwood Mac] wasn't complete without me," he revealed, "and said she felt that Stevie [Nicks] was very likely regretting having given the rest of the band the ultimatum that forced my departure."

"Perhaps [that was] wishful thinking on Christine's part," he continued, adding, "In any case, it was great to hear from her, and I do hope we work together again down the line."

Lindsey also responded to a question about whether he missed being in Fleetwood Mac.

"I can't say that I 'miss' being in Fleetwood Mac, as I've been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened," he noted. "So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss."

Buckingham recently finished a U.S. tour in support of his 2018 compilation Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham, and he has plans to hit the road again this year, in addition to releasing a new studio album.

Fleetwood Mac, whose lineup now features Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, begins the second leg of their North American tour on January 31 in Denver.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Old 01-12-2019, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default another one

completely misleading clickbait title of course, but i guess to be expected -

https://kbgo.iheart.com/featured/big...yid=socialflow

BIG 95 MORNING SHOW
Lindsey Buckingham says he doesn't miss Fleetwood Mac
posted by DeWayne & Tamme -
Jan 12, 2019
Close to a year after being booted from Fleetwood Mac, singer and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham says he's not missing his former bandmates.

Lindsey recently tweeted: "I can’t say that I “miss” being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened. So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss...especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now. What I'm sad about is the split completely dishonors the beautiful 43 year legacy we built together, one that was always about rising above our difficulties in order to pursue a higher truth."

Fleetwood Mac, who resume their world tour at the end of the month, replaced Buckingham with Mike Campbell from Tom Petty's Heartbreakers, and Neil Finn from Crowded House.

Buckingham plans to hit the road again this year.

Old 01-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default and another

https://www.jambase.com/article/lind...mac-twitter-qa

Lindsey Buckingham Discusses Fleetwood Mac During Twitter Q&A
Jan 11, 201911:42 am PSTScott Bernstein
Lindsey Buckingham 2018 Press Crop

Lindsey Buckingham has only given a few interviews about getting fired from Fleetwood Mac since he was replaced last year. While he has discussed the pain he felt after the band he was part of for decades let him go, he seems to be moving on. Buckingham took to Twitter for a Q&A session recently and said he doesn’t miss Fleetwood Mac anymore.

“I can’t say that I ‘miss’ being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened. So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss…,” Buckingham tweeted in response to a question from a fan. A second tweet added, “especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now. What I’m sad about is the split completely dishonors the beautiful 43 year legacy we built together, one that was always about rising above our difficulties in order to pursue a higher truth.”

The guitarist went on to discuss the lack of communication he’s had with his former band mates, “I did hear from Christine [McVie] not long after we reached a settlement. (She’s the only one I’ve heard from). Christine said she missed me very much, that FM wasn’t complete without me…” Lindsey added, “and said she felt that Stevie [Nicks] was very likely regretting having given the rest of the band the ultimatum that forced my departure. Perhaps wishful thinking on Christine’s part. In any case, it was great to hear from her, and I do hope we work together again down the line.”

Check out a series of Fleetwood Mac-related responses from Buckingham:

Tour Dates for
Lindsey Buckingham
We don’t currently have any upcoming shows for Lindsey Buckingham.