User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
For people with allergies to cats and dogs, poodles are often the only pet they can be around. I don't know if Lindsey has allergies, but recall when Stevie and Lindsey were together they also had a poodle. Anyone know?
They way I remember it is that Lindsey was the one that gave Stevie the poodle, Ginny. But I don't recall now where I got that information from.

I need to stop reading this thread, I don't want to be spoiled.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Rhiannon5354
This message has been deleted by Rhiannon5354.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Amazon listed the DVD (without the CD) as being "enhanced." I ordered it, because I want to see how it might be different from the CD/DVD package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
They way I remember it is that Lindsey was the one that gave Stevie the poodle, Ginny. But I don't recall now where I got that information from.
And Lindsey took special pains to take that dog with him after the Aspen fight. See, he's had this secret love for poodles for decades!

Disclaimer: Actually, regarding the Aspen argument, because Stevie's stories never make this clear, I do want to point out that Lindsey had no choice but to take the dog, because Stevie was planning to take public transportation back home and it couldn't travel with her. If you listen to her, you might think he just snatched the dog out of spite.

Also, Vanessa, in an older thread, we wondered if there had actually been a Greyhound strike. Well, I looked at the New York Times and there was a weeklong strike that ended on November 25, 1974. So, late November. The timing is about right. Now, what we need is the Everly Bros. tour schedule for 1974 . . .

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 03-27-2008 at 09:45 PM..
Old 03-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Also, Vanessa, in an older thread, we wondered if there had actually been a Greyhound strike. Well, I looked at the New York Times and there was a weeklong strike that ended on November 25, 1974. So, late November. The timing is about right. Now, what we need is the Everly Bros. tour schedule for 1974 . . .
I've searched high and low for that schedule, to no avail. Warren Zevon's book didn't really help either, it only made things more confusing.

But thanks for pinpointing the date of the actual strike. That helps.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
I've searched high and low for that schedule, to no avail. Warren Zevon's book didn't really help either, it only made things more confusing.
Not Everly Bros., guys! Just the one Everly. There ought to be some newspaper concert reviews, even though there weren't very many performances. Did you try the Readers' Guide to Periodical Lit?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Not Everly Bros., guys! Just the one Everly. There ought to be some newspaper concert reviews, even though there weren't very many performances. Did you try the Readers' Guide to Periodical Lit?
No, I haven't tried that since I was in college. Brings back memories of being in the library going through those giant green indexes.

Michele
Old 03-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

You too? I'd grab one of thos green Bible-like-books and then, hit the stacks...only to find out that the magazine had been defaced or was missing.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Ledgie

How old are the children now? I've lost track....
Old 03-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editormarf View Post
How old are the children now? I've lost track....
I'm really not too sure myself. I just know Stella has to be about 4 by now. So in the vid she looks like a 1-2 year-old...guessing then it was filmed around 2005/6.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm really not too sure myself. I just know Stella has to be about 4 by now. So in the vid she looks like a 1-2 year-old...guessing then it was filmed around 2005/6.
Stella will be four on the 20th of april. Date is 100% right, (my girlfriends' birthday) but the age? 4 I'm almost sure, because my son is 8, and his first teacher was named Stella too, and he started school at the age of 4. I remember telling him that lindsey had a girl named Stella, like his teacher, when he was playing Given Thing for the 100th time.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will will be 10 this summer and Lee Lee will be 8.

Michele
Old 03-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Stella will be four on the 20th of april. Date is 100% right, (my girlfriends' birthday) but the age? 4 I'm almost sure, because my son is 8, and his first teacher was named Stella too, and he started school at the age of 4. I remember telling him that lindsey had a girl named Stella, like his teacher, when he was playing Given Thing for the 100th time.
she'll be 4 on 4/20. that's amazing.

sorry to interrupt.

as you were!
Old 03-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at Madison the night Stevie announced Stella's birth. That was also the night Lindsey did push ups. Too funny. Stevie: I had no idea you could do that.

Michele
Old 03-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was at Madison the night Stevie announced Stella's birth. That was also the night Lindsey did push ups. Too funny. Stevie: I had no idea you could do that.

Michele
He was elated no doubt!

Now, re: the children...which one of them do you think looks most like Lindsey? Based on what you've seen, seems to display more of his more notable characteristics?

For me, I'd say Will has the eyes, eyebrows, hair, face shape, and quite a bit of the personality ("Since I'm dad I control the studio...") although he seems a bit more reserved. Leelee has his face shape and eye color and seems to have the "musical" side of his personality. As for Stella, I have a feeling she's going to look TONS like him (or already does, seeing as she's 4 now) and, well, she's too precious to quite compare. All the facial expressions on the phone are priceless. I think she has his nose and lips/smile.

Believe it or not, I've only seen this thing about 3 times, but I always have had a knack for observation...maybe others see things differently? Or don't care, lol!

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
He was elated no doubt!

Now, re: the children...which one of them do you think looks most like Lindsey? Based on what you've seen, seems to display more of his more notable characteristics?
I thought that in the People magazine spread that Lee Lee looked like Lindsey. The shot with their heads together . . . I think it's easy for me to think that Will looks like him, just because of the hair. But really that one photo you captured of Will with his hair swept back, looked more like a young Lindsey than any other picture I've seen, especially when you compare it to the photos of Lindsey as a young boy.

As for personality, that's one of the questions I asked in his Q & A. I asked if his kids had any of his traits and if those traits got on his nerves.

Lee Lee did remind me of someone, but it wasn't Lindsey. I also remember that entry of Cory's where she said that Lee Lee danced around in her ballet outfit until they had to pull her off the stage. As the middle child, I hope she stays spunky and doesn't have to compete for attention with the youngest and oldest.

Michele
Old 03-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
What year was that? Was Stella born during the SYW Tour and he wasn't there for her birth? When did he do push-ups? Is there film evidence on Youtube?