The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i think people are missing the point. Stevie doesnt write simple, fun pop songs for the most part. Thats why they had such a magic balance. Something as heavy as Storms or Sara had a counterbalance with Think About Me or Honey Hi.

I love how Feel About You slides right onto the shelf of Pop Mac songs. Hold Me > Feel About You > Goodbye Angel is AMAZING.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not very impressed with this song - either musically or lyrically. But it is still wonderful to hear Christine's voice on record again.

Even better is hearing John's playing. Maybe I'm feeling overly sentimental about him since his health scare, but those bass runs toward the end of the chorus? I just want to reach out and given them a hug. 🤗
Old 04-28-2017, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
i think people are missing the point. Stevie doesnt write simple, fun pop songs for the most part. Thats why they had such a magic balance. Something as heavy as Storms or Sara had a counterbalance with Think About Me or Honey Hi.

I love how Feel About You slides right onto the shelf of Pop Mac songs. Hold Me > Feel About You > Goodbye Angel is AMAZING.
No I agree totally....you have a juxtaposition of songs with a Mac Album due to three different writers.
And as I said, I personally am glad this ain't a Mac Album.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Im probably going way way against the grain with this thought, but i have always thought it was both a blessing and the right move Silver Springs didnt make it onto Rumours. Not because it isnt a fantastic song, but I dont want to know is such a wonderful bright spot on a pretty heavy album. The balance of that whole album shifts with SS added. Too much gin, not enough tonic.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have not been impressed at all yet. I had high hopes.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Im probably going way way against the grain with this thought, but i have always thought it was both a blessing and the right move Silver Springs didnt make it onto Rumours. Not because it isnt a fantastic song, but I dont want to know is such a wonderful bright spot on a pretty heavy album. The balance of that whole album shifts with SS added. Too much gin, not enough tonic.
Silver Springs is a Tusk song, not a Rumours song. It had the wrong energy. I Dont Want To know brought the right energy to the album. That album was blessed. All the right decisions were made to make it perfect.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Silver Springs is a Tusk song, not a Rumours song. It had the wrong energy. I Dont Want To know brought the right energy to the album. That album was blessed. All the right decisions were made to make it perfect.
What do you mean Silver Springs is a Tusk song?
Old 04-28-2017, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with you.

Silver Springs is the great b-side and the great The Dance re-discovery.

That's its proper place in history.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 04-28-2017 at 12:47 PM..
Old 04-28-2017, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
What do you mean Silver Springs is a Tusk song?
It belonged on Tusk. It had that offbeat energy.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For a while I thought they couldn't be more wrong when they decided not to include in on Rumours, but once I started loving Tusk, Silver Spring sounded more and more like a Tusk song.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
This song should get radio play. If it was released as a Fleetwood Mac track it most definitely would. If the album gets promoted as Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie (like rollingstone.com) it may just get the play it deserves. This is classic Fleetwood Mac!
I missed those classic FM sounds so much!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
For a while I thought they couldn't be more wrong when they decided not to include in on Rumours, but once I started loving Tusk, Silver Spring sounded more and more like a Tusk song.
well, I don't know what the timeline was as far as Silver Springs' writing but now you mention it I actually think it'd fit more on the White album. For me it has the same sort of vibe

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-28-2017, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
well, I don't know what the timeline was as far as Silver Springs' writing but now you mention it I actually think it'd fit more on the White album. For me it has the same sort of vibe
Now that you say that, 100 percent agree, BUT literally impossible since she didn't see that sign to inspire the song until on tour for the white album

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-28-2017, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes Christine has always written cheesy pop songs but the lyrics in the hits have been so much better than this offering. Honey in my tea? Magnet you are steel? It's awful.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:46 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
When I first heard Silver Springs on the radio, I actually thought it was a new song for the follow up to Rumours. Took me a few weeks to find out it wasn't.
I liked it because to me it sounded like a Rumours type song.
I was in for a big shock when the Tusk single came out a few months later.