Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Bath City Football Club Ground 23 May 1970

I'm sure many of you will be interested to know that as well as the first Fleetwood Mac gig it turns out there is a tape of Peter's last (proper) appearance with them at Bath City Football Club 23 may 1970.
Recorded by a gentleman called Tim Child the tape lasts around 50 minutes and includes the following tracks

Rattlesnake Shake
Coming Home
Albatross
Black Magic Woman
Coming Your Way
Stranger Blues
Teenage Darling
Encore cuts after a couple of minutes.

The sound quality is poor but the band are audible. I guess the historic importance outweighs any drawbacks in this department. Having sat through tapes of the Beatles recorded from a couple of hundred feet away in an American stadium amongst a few thousand screaming girls the sound quality didn't bother me too much (!) but it's not great.
An important find i'm sure you'll agree.

ash
Old 01-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash1 View Post
I'm sure many of you will be interested to know that as well as the first Fleetwood Mac gig it turns out there is a tape of Peter's last (proper) appearance with them at Bath City Football Club 23 may 1970.
Recorded by a gentleman called Tim Child the tape lasts around 50 minutes and includes the following tracks

Rattlesnake Shake
***Coming Home***

"Comin' Home" was a popular Delaney and Bonnie song that featured Eric Clapton.
Is it the same song? If not, don't read the rest.

If it is:

It's indirect proof that the infamous Clapton/Green jam at the Boston Tea Party happened under D&B, and not Fleetwood Mac. Wow, I'd love to hear how the Mac would've done it, I can hear Kirwan, and Green in my head. I also think this song was Green's statement to the rest of the band. He, like Clapton at the time, wanted out of the grind.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That's quite a find, ash1! Thanks for the good news of this tape's existence

Is this recording circulating at all? I'm sure many of us here would love to get hold of a copy of it. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Junior Ledgie

coming home is another elmore james piece. that might be the incorrect title .
it starts "well look for me baby coz you know ...." and is exactly the same as every other elmore number they play . to be honest i can't tell them all apart. expertly played but i've got pretty fed up with these ones. Personally i always look forward to Tiger and Stranger Blues from Jeremy. That 3 guitar assault is devastating and Jeremy has a tremendous voice. Teenage Darling is often hysterically funny but what a shame there's no film of him in Elvis mode. when i'm in the right mood his parodies have me howling with laughter . wish his ep had come out in the day . might have upset a few people though.
so anyway, nothing to do with Delaney and B / EC .
Old 01-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There's some comments from concert goers here:
http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/Bath-...-May-1970.html

And this signed picture. How cool are those guys? Very.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aquae-prog-signed.jpg (48.4 KB, 26 views)
Old 02-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
There's some comments from concert goers here:
http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/Bath-...-May-1970.html

And this signed picture. How cool are those guys? Very.
Thanks dino. It's always nice to read recollections from people who had the age to be present at the right place at the right time. There has been other recollections on The Ledge, and I - and I think many others - really appreciate them.

Even though it is PG's FM's last concert, according to Hjorts book, PG and Jeremy Spencer sit in with a band called "The Pink Fairies" at Hampstead's Country Club in north-west Londonon the 26th of May. After that PG has a very busy summer celebrating his new found freedom.

Ms Moose
Old 07-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Ledgie

Quote:

Rattlesnake Shake
Coming Home
Albatross
Black Magic Woman
Coming Your Way
Stranger Blues
Teenage Darling
Encore cuts after a couple of minutes.

The sound quality is poor but the band are audible. I guess the historic importance outweighs any drawbacks in this department. Having sat through tapes of the Beatles recorded from a couple of hundred feet away in an American stadium amongst a few thousand screaming girls the sound quality didn't bother me too much (!) but it's not great.
An important find i'm sure you'll agree.

ash
So is this show floating around on any trackers?
Old 07-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
coming home is another elmore james piece. that might be the incorrect title .
it starts "well look for me baby coz you know ...." and is exactly the same as every other elmore number they play . to be honest i can't tell them all apart. expertly played but i've got pretty fed up with these ones. Personally i always look forward to Tiger and Stranger Blues from Jeremy. That 3 guitar assault is devastating and Jeremy has a tremendous voice. Teenage Darling is often hysterically funny but what a shame there's no film of him in Elvis mode. when i'm in the right mood his parodies have me howling with laughter . wish his ep had come out in the day . might have upset a few people though.
so anyway, nothing to do with Delaney and B / EC .
Yeah, that's what it'll be, the Mr Wonderful/English Rose track (not version though obviously).

John
Old 07-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
"Comin' Home" was a popular Delaney and Bonnie song that featured Eric Clapton.
Well, not just "featured", Clapton co-wrote the song with Delaney & Bonnie.

But, no...as previously mentioned by ash1, "Coming Home" (WITH the "g"; as opposed to the D&B/EC tune that replaces the "g" with the apostrophe) in this case is one of Jeremy's Elmore James clones. (and, also not to be confused with the Bob Welch song of the same title that can be found on Heroes Are Hard To Find).