User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
There's also a girl who sat the same literature exam as me today who could be Patti Smith if she stopped shaving, promise.

Thanks for making me crack up at work! Patti Smith called me beautiful and gave me a guitar pick once
You're so like me
Old 06-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post

Thanks for making me crack up at work! Patti Smith called me beautiful and gave me a guitar pick once
Oh my! Wow, I'm amazingly jealous! I love Patti so much She's my favourite poet and one of the only people who can inspire me to either write, study or take photographs when I'm slumped or feeling down in the dumps.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 06-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well that was depressing. old Mick is gonna go slit his wrists now

Seriously though it's just fun.....that's all.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
Well that was depressing. old Mick is gonna go slit his wrists now

Seriously though it's just fun.....that's all.

Mick
Which is why I didn't think it should be explained in the first place Too much reasoning takes the wonder out of the world.
You're so like me
Old 06-09-2010, 03:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Which is why I didn't think it should be explained in the first place Too much reasoning takes the wonder out of the world.
Ooh, how I disagree! I can't remember who said it, but someone once commented something along the lines of this:
"For every question science answers, another ten are created."
While this isn't strictly true (science, at its heart, is about unifying apparently disparate and/or conflicting theories while simultaneously explaining phenomena), it does highlight the fact that there always seems to be something we haven't thought of, have yet to explain, or have yet to discover. The deeper we delve, the more mysterious and beautiful the universe becomes.
Far from "fun-sucking", these quizzes seem such trivial distractions from the investigations of philosophers and scientists that I do wonder why anyone gives them more than a glance. Things like this are surely more fascinating - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Ultra_Deep_Field, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hu..._rez_edit1.jpg.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hu...eld_part_d.jpg
Basically, every dot in the two images (excepting the tiny blue and red dots, of course) which doesn't have four perpendicular rays coming off it is a galaxy. See if you can count them all!
Here's something else rather remarkable - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravita...g#Applications, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gr...ell-lins-4.jpg. Coincidentally, there was a question on my physics exam today which was related to this phenomenon (btw the exam didn't go that well - I nailed the Special Relativity section, but I barely attempted the Quantum Mechanics section... ).
NB. Not necessarily in that order...

Last edited by jaycee; 06-09-2010 at 04:08 AM.. Reason: A few more images...
Old 09-10-2015, 12:23 PM

I know as a future psychologist that the power of generalization is enormous, and also the power of the identification, but this was scary to read at first.

Your Existing Situation

"Very social and needs a highly social environment with people who depend on him, in order to feel safe. she is a go-getter and can adapt to almost any situation. "

Your Stress Sources

"Not a team player and is unwilling to be involved in most activities. In the past she was over involved and now emotionally drained. Due to her fear of over involvement, she now chooses to remain uninvolved with the activities around her. "

Your Restrained Characteristics

Is bothered when her needs and desires are misunderstood and she feels there is no one to turn to or rely on. her self-centered attitude can cause her to be easily offended.

Current events have her feeling forced to make bargains and put aside her own desires for now. she is able to find satisfaction and happiness through sexual activity.

Current events have her feeling forced to make bargains and put aside her own desires for now. she is able to find satisfaction and happiness through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective

Relies on love and friendship to bring her happiness. she is in constant need for approval and this makes her willing to help others in exchange for love and understanding. she is open to new ideas as long as they are productive and interesting.

Your Actual Problem

"Fears she will be held back from achieving things she really wants, leading her to search endlessly for satisfaction and become involved in activities which are pointless."

- See more at: http://www.colorquiz.com/results.php....QrqQbh6W.dpuf
Old 06-09-2016, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My results:

"Your Existing Situation

"Is stubborn and strong-willed, once her mind is made up it is impossible to change it. she does not ask for much, so she feels when she does ask her needs should be met."
Your Stress Sources

"Unhappy in her current situation or relationship, but is unwilling to change things due to her need for acceptance and belonging. Refuses to be seen as weak and although she is resistant to give too much to the relationship, she stays committed in order to feel the attachment. The situation depresses and irritates him, causing restlessness and impatience. she is seeking some sort of escape from the situation either physically or mentally, which affects her ability to concentrate."
Your Restrained Characteristics

"Willing to become emotionally involved, but is demanding and picky when choosing a partner. Is careful not to bring out conflict or disagreements as this may decrease her chances of achieving her goals and ideas."
His arrogance causes her to take offense quickly. Only those closest to her know deep down she is sensitive and sentimental.
Your Desired Objective

Willing to put aside her own ambitions and goals in order to gain the comfort and security she craves and live a low-key life.

Your Actual Problem

Feeling anxious and restless frustration toward current situation or unfulfilled emotional requirements are causing stress. she tries escaping by throwing herself into activities directed at personal success or experiencing new things".