The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great review, Michele (as usual). I like how you described Stevie looking at Lindsey "somberly." I noticed that a lot during Say Goodbye. When I wasn't bawling my eyes out. Great pictures, too.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Great review, Michele (as usual). I like how you described Stevie looking at Lindsey "somberly." I noticed that a lot during Say Goodbye. When I wasn't bawling my eyes out.
Stevie can look downright mournful sometimes and the way her lids hood her brown eyes can make her expression even more so.

I'm trying to remember when I last cried at an FM concert. It may have been during the SYW tour.

Michele
Old 07-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=AliceLover;1098125]Michele- Love the pics of John and Lindsey hugging. They did a similar thing in Mansfield but it was more playful than anything. This looks a lot more sincere.

I think it was sincere. I watched the end of the San Diego Show and John looked ticked off at Lindsey for some reason. When he walks up to Stevie he looks mad. Stevie even tells him to bow with all of them (not sure why she said it, it's kinda like she though he might not do it)

The whole thing is weird because Lindsey is in such a good mood and doesn't seem to realize John's mad right away, but once he does he seems to get a little upset himself as he's walking away.

I would love to know what happened back stage to get him so upset.

Also, Lindsey giving Stevie a hug, then Mick coming up behind them asking Stevie for a hug. Which Lindsey takes (playful) offense to and turns around to Mick saying "What the hell?" then playfully pretends to punch Mick in the stomach. (anybody ever seen Lindsey act like that before ??)

Here's a link to the video I am talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56B8oAr5H1M

The first 30 seconds of the video are fascinating to me. There's so much going on and so much under current. I have my own theory as to what is going on, but I don't want to start any trouble or cause any fights, so I will let you judge the video yourself.

Everything happens really fast so you have to slow it down or pause it. Stop the video at the:16 second mark and also:27 second mark and you can see what I am talking about. First John looks mad when he walks up to Stevie (you can see her stop smiling) then second one is when John shoots Lindsey a dirty look. The whole thing is over in 29 seconds, so don't blink.

P.S. To our friends overseas if you video tape the show (this fall) to post it, please video the intro to without you, Sara,the 2 encores showing Stevie and Lindsey walking on to stage and the very end (or closing remarks) after Say Goodbye. Some of the most interesting stuff on this tour has happened during those times in less than 1 minute.

Last edited by Deeshere; 07-07-2013 at 07:48 PM..
Old 07-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Interesting, you can see stevie say " are you alright?" To John
Old 07-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Deeshere;1098154]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Michele- Love the pics of John and Lindsey hugging. They did a similar thing in Mansfield but it was more playful than anything. This looks a lot more sincere.

I think it was sincere. I watched the end of the San Diego Show and John looked ticked off at Lindsey for some reason. When he walks up to Stevie he looks mad. Stevie even tells him to bow with all of them (not sure why she said it, it's kinda like she though he might not do it)

The whole thing is weird because Lindsey is in such a good mood and doesn't seem to realize John's mad right away, but once he does he seems to get a little upset himself as he's walking away.

I would love to know what happened back stage to get him so upset.

Also, Lindsey giving Stevie a hug, then Mick coming up behind them asking Stevie for a hug. Which Lindsey takes (playful) offense to and turns around to Mick saying "What the hell?" then playfully pretends to punch Mick in the stomach. (anybody every seen Lindsey act like that before ??)

Here's a link to the video I am talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56B8oAr5H1M

The first 30 seconds of the video are fascinating to me. There's so much going on and so much under current. I have my own theory as to what is going on, but I don't want to start any trouble or cause any fights, so I will let you judge the video yourself.

Everything happens really fast so you have to slow it down or pause it. Stop the video at the:16 second mark and also:27 second mark and you can see what I am talking about. First John looks mad when he walks up to Stevie (you can see her stop smiling) then second one is when John shoots Lindsey a dirty look. The whole thing is over in 29 seconds, so don't blink.
That's all very interesting. What I noticed was John's face in this photo from San Diego though:

I mean, is he just over it or what?

Quote:
P.S. To our friends overseas if you video tape the show (this fall to post it, please video the intro to without you, Sara,the 2 encores showing Stevie and Lindsey walking on to stage and the very end (or closing remarks) after Say Goodbye. Some of the most interesting stuff on this tour has happened during those times in less than 1 minute.
Ditto this.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Beautiful review, Michele, and THANK YOU, especially, for the Lindsey and John pics
Old 07-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
especially, for the Lindsey and John pics
I love them too because they remind me of Herbie's White album photo and of Lindsey's BTM cameo.

Michele
Old 07-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=CADreaming;1098159][QUOTE=Deeshere;1098154]

That's all very interesting. What I noticed was John's face in this photo from San Diego though:

Yeah, I noticed John shooting Stevie and Lindsey dirty (or should I say unhappy) looks for a while now. He either is ignoring them or looks upset, especially when they are acting really chummy or hugging. It has really started to escalate in the last few weeks though.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Deeshere;1098163][QUOTE=CADreaming;1098159]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post

Yeah, I noticed John shooting Stevie and Lindsey dirty (or should I say unhappy) looks for a while now. He either is ignoring them or looks upset, especially when they are acting really chummy or hugging. It has really started to escalate in the last few weeks though.
Is he getting sick of the shtick? Feeling like he and Mick are relegated to "the backup band"?
Old 07-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love them too because they remind me of Herbie's White album photo and of Lindsey's BTM cameo.
which White Album pic? I'm drawing a blank

I was thinking of the back cover of Rumours
Old 07-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When they return after an encore, Mick and John usually make gestures of one kind or another towards one another. Last night I saw them holding up index fingers. I took it as the #1 sign.

Michele
Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
which White Album pic? I'm drawing a blank

I was thinking of the back cover of Rumours
Yes, you're right, the back cover of Rumours. When Herbie said that Lindsey didn't know what to expect and then John was just hugging him.

For BTM when Lindsey went to shake John's hand, John withdrew it and then indicated that he was just playing around and they hugged.

Michele
Old 07-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Lindsey has been spewing his .."Christine burned her bridges"...stuff alot in the press again lately, and I don't think John takes kindly to that. I also agree about the backup band comment. They talk a lot about Stevie and Lindsey, maybe he is just over it, in the same way I think Chris was at the end of The Dance.

And in that clip Lindsey looks drunk!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 07-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, you're right, the back cover of Rumours. When Herbie said that Lindsey didn't know what to expect and then John was just hugging him.

For BTM when Lindsey went to shake John's hand, John withdrew it and then indicated that he was just playing around and they hugged.

the dynamics in this band are so layered.... the couples' aspect is the most visible and in some ways it distracts from a lot of the other dynamics in the band... especially the stuff among all the men. LB and Mick have such a complicated relationship, as do LB and John... I fear that if/when a movie ever gets made about this band TOO much will focus on the "lovers" dynamic and the real complexity of all the relationships will get lost. That to me is where a lot of the real fascination lies.