User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2002, 11:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Post Here's one...

This is a great thread!

It's not funny - it's annoying as hell - but during Stevie's Houston, TX 1989 show, some girl is just screaming something during the interlude before Rooms on Fire. It sounds like she's yelling "Nightbird!!!", but I can't be sure. Everytime I hear that, I cringe, because it is just blood curdling...I want to smack her.

And during The Dance, I think after Temporary One, doesn't some guy yell "Do it again!". WTF? Of all the songs, that's the one he wants to hear twice? (I'm probably hearing that one wrong. At least I hope so.)

Mike B.
Old 11-24-2002, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Here's one...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike B

And during The Dance, I think after Temporary One, doesn't some guy yell "Do it again!". WTF? Of all the songs, that's the one he wants to hear twice? (I'm probably hearing that one wrong. At least I hope so.)
Mike B.
No, you are quite correct and I totally agree with you!
Old 11-25-2002, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think one of the funniest things I ever heard was the girl who called out "Stevie are you a witch," and she said back, "Get a life!"
Old 11-25-2002, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When I went to see Stevie on the TISL tour in Atlanta (July 2001), she started her speaking part right before "Planets", and she was talking about her and Lindsey, and she really seemed like she was going to elaborate on some things.......until this guy stood up and yelled, cupping his hands around his mouth like a megaphone, "We already know that!" and she abruptly sort of stopped and went right into the song. Several people around him yelled for him to shut up.

What a loser. That was rude as hell. Why would you go see her if you didn't care what she has to say?
Stevie talking about certain life events are just part and parcel to the whole thing, just like Lindsey and his little speeches.
I just don't get some concert-goers.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Vianna
I think one of the funniest things I ever heard was the girl who called out "Stevie are you a witch," and she said back, "Get a life!"
LOL. Why would anyone say that? That's really stupid.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Two "audience vocals" that I love happen during pretty much every live version of The Chain that I've ever heard....

a) The Chain has two complete pauses...one after the intro. guitar and one at the end of the first chorus, and everytime a few people from the audience shout "UGH!!"...or "Wooooooh!!".....it suits the rhythm of the song so much....fills in that gap perfectly!

b) During the famous bass solo...you always get the audience doing the creepy whistling and woooooh-wooooooh........and that always sounds really cool. It's most easily heard on LB's solo shows.

Nothing funny about these two...just really cool.

Old 12-05-2002, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mac Fan
LOL. Why would anyone say that? That's really stupid.
YUP
Old 12-05-2002, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default atlanta show 2001

I also saw Stevie in Atlanta in 2001...well the drunk girls beside us, were loud..lol...when Stevie was talking about planets , stevie talked about how she was mad when she wrote the song...the girl goes "MAD STEVIE YEA YEA YEA!!!!!!"

lol...

I have a bootleg from 8/14/01...and at the end of HAEWAFY some man is coughing really loud...it sounds real funny in my car cd player, cuz hes right by the recorder...and it sounds like hes hacking up something...

also at the atlanta show bootleg u can hear this real country lady, at the end of SDMHA saying "Shes much better already since saturday night.." in a very country voice...strong accent...very loudly...lol
Old 12-06-2002, 04:18 AM
Ledgie

Smile Never Going Back Again!

My 4 year old daughter is convinced that someone in the audience shouts 'ELMO!' at the beginning of Never Going Back Again on the 1980 Live Album.
Well, at least her mum thinks that's very funny...

Anna
Old 12-06-2002, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Never Going Back Again!

Quote:
Originally posted by anna
My 4 year old daughter is convinced that someone in the audience shouts 'ELMO!' at the beginning of Never Going Back Again on the 1980 Live Album.
Well, at least her mum thinks that's very funny...

Anna
lmao!!

I noticed that EVERY time I heard it from the first time I ever heard it....and I always thought it was just some nut, shouting "ELLLLMO!"........lol!!

Old 12-07-2002, 05:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

At a few different shows I've been to, Stevie sang HAEWAFY When she got to the part, "and when they ask her about the men in her life.... someone yells out "assholes!" I just had to laugh.

Renee

Last edited by nae; 12-07-2002 at 05:19 PM..
Old 12-08-2002, 09:44 AM
joe

i was going through a box of tapes and found a "bootleg" audio cassette i got a long time ago of the "US Festival '83". One thing that's funny about this is whoever labeled the tape screwed the song titles up. They had titles like: "Are you lonely outside the rain", "Angel of my dreams", "In the still of the night" and "Don't hide behind your hair" ("Golden Braid")...Anyway, when the opening chords started for "Gold Dust Woman" (opening song), this woman in the audience screams out in a really high pitched yell: "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....oh my God they're doing Gold Dust Womaaaaaaaaaaaaaan whooooooaaaaaaaaa"

Later in the show, during the band intros when Stevie introduces Sharon she says "...my roommate AND friend, Miss Sharon Celani....dark hair....she's yours for $25,000" you can hear this guy saying "roommate?" like with a raised eyebrow.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When I hear The Dance, just before Lindsey playa ISA, I keep thinking that someone shouts 'Richey!'

Last edited by Mac Fan; 12-08-2002 at 11:21 AM..