Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I posted a review of the Mount Pleasant show and it contains pics of the merch. There IS a keychain. Crap! I wish I had seen this in Chicago.
I saw after I posted this!! I want one!!
Old 07-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Me too too!
Old 07-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I saw after I posted this!! I want one!!
They are super cute. Still can't find where mine went but my mom gave me hers on the insistence "Well, you're way more into them I am!"

They kind of look of look like the album cover but Christine is on the other side of Lindsey and she's pointing and it's all black and white, about an inch and a half in size. Oh! Just realized they're holding hands too. Hard to tell because they're both in black clothes and it's a B/W image. It's cute. Chris is laughing and Lindsey's eyes are closed.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

lots of photos -

http://musicinthe6.com/buckingham-mc...rs-in-toronto/

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow those came out great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Old 07-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default interesting title!

http://musicinthe6.com/review-buckin...owers-toronto/

REVIEW – BUCKINGHAM NICKS AND THE WALLFLOWERS – TORONTO
Buckingham Nicks and The Wallflowers

July 5th, 2017

Budweiser Stage, Toronto

This past Wednesday was a great night of classic rock at Toronto’s Budweiser Stage. Oddly enough The Wallflowers frontman Jakob Dylan was performing in Toronto on the same night that his Dad, Bob Dylan, was performing at the Air Canada Centre. This is my 2nd time seeing the Wallflowers, the 1st at the short lived Deluna Fest in Pensacola Florida. I don’t remember much of that set because honestly they were selling those giant margarita filled plastic whale bones…but…I remember the Wallflowers were there. So…..this time I both remembered AND liked them. The Wallflowers hits came quite a few years back but they still perform them with conviction and to an eager crowd. Their songs have held up well and don’t sound dated. They’re really a great band for a summer night in the city (and honestly I like them WAY more than Bob Dylan).

Let me just state my bias. I think Lindsey Buckingham is one of the greatest guitarists, singers and songwriters of all time. He could play kazoo and tap dance and I’d love it. He didn’t do either of these things and stuck to his strengths of tremendous guitar playing and singer. Early in the set I glanced towards stage right and Christine McVie was there!!! (I really need to pay attention). Most of the crowd were there to here Fleetwood Mac hits and they delivered on those over and over. I was curious to see how their songs and harmonies held up without Stevie Nicks’ distinctive harmonies but Christine and Lindsey and their backing band sound great together.

The reason for their tour was the new Buckingham McVie which grew out of songs Christine shared with Lindsey after her 15 year sabbatical from Fleetwood Mac. It’s a great showcase of their songwriting and decades long friendship and the new material works perfectly in a live environment. I loved how the concert started, with just he 2 of them onstage taking turns playing songs before the whole band joined them for the remainder of the show. And rather than playing a few new songs and then a majority of hits through the encore, they really focused on new over old, even skipping a hits heavy encore for new material only.

It’s great seeing Christine performing (and enjoying it) again. And like I said, Lindsey can do no wrong in my eyes – and no one performs with more energy and conviction than he does. In a twist, my 12 year old daughter attended the show with me. She recently discovered Fleetwood Mac because of the the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack and has dug deep into their catalog (old and new) and was blown away by the show. I can’t imagine a lot of 12 year olds whose favourite album is Rumours.

Buckingham McVie are on tour through August – catch them while you can!

We give this a 6 out of 6ix.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-08-2017, 08:55 PM

Another great review!! I can't wait for the show. 2 more weeks!!
Old 07-11-2017, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default another review

http://www.q107.com/2017/07/11/linds...dweiser-stage/

Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie @ Budweiser Stage
Toronto, ON, Canada
/ Q107 Toronto
Staff
July 11, 2017 02:19 pm

The Wallflowers, led by frontman Jakob Dylan, Bob Dylan’s son, opened the show.

From the very first arpeggio to the very last keystroke, Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie mesmerized the audience throughout the night with their musical chemistry. The duo took over The Budweiser Stage, performing songs from their new eponymous duet album – Lindsey Buckingham/ChristineMcVie – and many of the idolized Fleetwood Mac songs of the rock era.

The show started off with Buckingham performing an acoustic version of “Trouble” on a dimly lit Budweiser Stage. The enthusiastic crowd came to a complete hum while Buckingham and McVie’s voices echoed throughout the amphitheater. The duo went on to perform Fleetwood Mac’s “Wish You Were Here” and “Never Going Back Again” without a backing band, before taking a minute to tell the tale of McVie reuniting with Fleetwood Mac after a 16-year hiatus.

“One of the byproducts of that and one of the happiest surprises was that she started sending me, (across the pond) bits and pieces of song ideas and being the ‘Studio Animal’ that I am…I did my work on them and when she came over here finally for rehearsals for the Fleetwood Mac tour so we would work in the studio and look into these things, communicating back and forth…and here we are! That led us to where we are Now!”
Buckingham and McVie continued with songs from their duet EP, including the new single “In My World”. But it was the Fleetwood Mac classic hits “Little Lies”, “Tusk”, “You Make Loving Fun” and “Go Your Own Way” that had the crowd on their feet roaring with excitement…and yearning for more. The duo played a 3-song encore, including “Everywhere”, “Lay Down for Free” and finished with McVie’s piano-driven “Game of Pretend”.

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie will be touring with Fleetwood Mac next year.

– Alyona Kravtsova

Old 07-11-2017, 09:24 PM

Nice!! Exchange LP for EP and it's a perfect review. lol