The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who are you routing for to win the lawsuit?
I’m routing for Lindsey to win. 110 88.71%
I’m routing for Fleetwood Mac to win. 14 11.29%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2018, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Hopefully pro Lindsey? Since idk your real name...
Are you Natalie Newall, "Homer"?
Pro Lindsey? What do you think Sherlock?
I'm James. And that is not a big reveal, I routinely post my first name when I start threads.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's interesting, i was at the FM News page yesterday, looking through the comments, asking questions of some of the commenters who were screaming "stop the negativity!" you know what prompted their comments? here's just one example: this title of the gigwise review of Lindsey's show, posted with the link to the review -

A brand new start for the sacked Mac member: 'Energised, effusive and clearly enthralled', says Lee Zimmerman, who reports for Gigwise from Knoxville

when i asked those commenters, why are they calling that extremely positive review of LB's recent show "negativity", some said - well, it says he was sacked. that's negative.

i and others replied - but that's not negative, that's just the fact. yet at least 4-5 people (who post there all the time, bashing LB) still insisted that whole post and the review was negative. they got back a number of questions and statements saying that again, this is a very nice review, and a positive and forward looking title, stating how Lindsey is making a fantastic fresh start - basically lemonade out of lemons.

so if you define anything positive about LB as "negativity" well then, maybe you have a problem? and if anything positive about him bothers you, just don't read it!

I never thought I'd say this, but that is such a classic example of generational differences-- there's a whole generation of people out there now who are so emotionally fragile that they can't handle anything that reflects reality. Any little difference of opinion, or even correcting of facts, makes a "hater". If you don't kiss my a@@ and tell me only what I want to hear, you're a "hater" and "negative" and all that crap. I fear for our society sometimes, I really, sadly, do.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Been busy causing havoc in the We Stand with Lindsey Facebook group!

Hahaha! Wish I could see that but I won't go anywhere near that toxic snake pit. Homie likes to dox people FYI.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you Natalie Newall, "Homer"?
Pro Lindsey? What do you think Sherlock?
I'm James. And that is not a big reveal, I routinely post my first name when I start threads.
I was napping...

And my name is in my sig here.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 11-20-2018 at 02:33 PM..
Old 11-20-2018, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I never thought I'd say this, but that is such a classic example of generational differences-- there's a whole generation of people out there now who are so emotionally fragile that they can't handle anything that reflects reality. Any little difference of opinion, or even correcting of facts, makes a "hater". If you don't kiss my a@@ and tell me only what I want to hear, you're a "hater" and "negative" and all that crap. I fear for our society sometimes, I really, sadly, do.
I hereby nominate this post as Post of the Year.

Best.post.ever.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so if you define anything positive about LB as "negativity" well then, maybe you have a problem? and if anything positive about him bothers you, just don't read it!
It works both ways. A lot of Team Lindsey people get offended by positive reviews of Fleetwood Mac. Like, when a review says that Neil’s voice sounds good on Lindsey’s songs, the reviewers must be getting paid off by Azoff.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-20-2018, 02:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It works both ways. A lot of Team Lindsey people get offended by positive reviews of Fleetwood Mac. Like, when a review says that Neil’s voice sounds good on Lindsey’s songs, the reviewers must be getting paid off by Azoff.
Yep. It’s all happening on both “sides”. At this point the only posts I can really deal with are the ones that don’t come from a place of pro-Lindsey, pro-Stevie, etc. Like your posts, SteveMacD.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
the problem with the "positive" reviews, at least the ones i've seen (and i only see the ones that mention LB because they come up in the LB searches, so i can't speak about all of them) is that the reviews that mention him are trying way too hard to marginalize him. "nobody's missing LB!" is the obligatory line in these reviews. really? seriously? that's a positive?

both such reviews and also Mick every time he's asked keep dumping on him or trying to diminish his role in FM legacy. that's completely unnecessary. and it makes both Mick and the whole operation behind the "new FM" look bad and petty.

it can't be fun having your life's work being dumped on and marginalized when you are 69. and yet, no matter how hard people try, it is undeniable how much he brought to the band and contributed to the legacy.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-20-2018, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Yep. It’s all happening on both “sides”. At this point the only posts I can really deal with are the ones that don’t come from a place of pro-Lindsey, pro-Stevie, etc. Like your posts, SteveMacD.
you are going from thread to thread and forum to forum calling various people obnoxious. i've noticed that several times in the last few days. not exactly a positive message, yes?

i like some of your messages and don't like others. probably you feel the same way about mine. and that's a good thing. we can't all agree on everything.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-20-2018, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
you are going from thread to thread and forum to forum calling various people obnoxious. i've noticed that several times in the last few days. not exactly a positive message, yes?

i like some of your messages and don't like others. probably you feel the same way about mine. and that's a good thing. we can't all agree on everything.
Agreed. And he has stated that the present iteration of the band is a farce (which is fine BTW) but why waste your time watching videos of a farce or posting in the farce forum? I don't get it.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Agreed. And he has stated that the present iteration of the band is a farce (which is fine BTW) but why waste your time watching videos of a farce or posting in the farce forum? I don't get it.
The Farce Forum?
lol Excellent.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the problem with the "positive" reviews, at least the ones i've seen (and i only see the ones that mention LB because they come up in the LB searches, so i can't speak about all of them) is that the reviews that mention him are trying way too hard to marginalize him. "nobody's missing LB!" is the obligatory line in these reviews. really? seriously? that's a positive?

both such reviews and also Mick every time he's asked keep dumping on him or trying to diminish his role in FM legacy. that's completely unnecessary. and it makes both Mick and the whole operation behind the "new FM" look bad and petty.

it can't be fun having your life's work being dumped on and marginalized when you are 69. and yet, no matter how hard people try, it is undeniable how much he brought to the band and contributed to the legacy.
Empathy? Elle has it in spades, for Lindsey, but none for Mick. Think about it. How many times has Mick had to explain to the press "Is Stevie still in the band? Is Stevie going to be on the next album?" and "When if ever is Lindsey coming back (c. 1987)?" and "Is Christine going to tour?" and "Why isn't Christine on the new CD?" and "Is Bekka a full member?" and "Who's Rick Vito?"

Mick has made a living from one band. It has financed restaurants and a "solo" blues band. And a lavish lifestyle to boot. He is an expert adaptor. And he has had to be an expert liar, or else the numerous iterations of Fleetwood Mac would not have sold, including 1975 Fleetwood Mac when people missed the blues band and Bob Welch band.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And he has had to be an expert liar, or else the numerous iterations of Fleetwood Mac would not have sold
You overreach in your devil's advocacy.

The 1975 album sold itself.

As Lindsey would say, it's about the music.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
You overreach in your devil's advocacy.

The 1975 album sold itself.

As Lindsey would say, it's about the music.
And I'm 95% positive the band wouldn't have made it to 1980, if Lindsey hadn't joined. Probably not even that long.

Mother f*cker MADE them what they are. F*cking ingrates!
Old 11-21-2018, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Empathy? Elle has it in spades, for Lindsey, but none for Mick. Think about it. How many times has Mick had to explain to the press "Is Stevie still in the band? Is Stevie going to be on the next album?" and "When if ever is Lindsey coming back (c. 1987)?" and "Is Christine going to tour?" and "Why isn't Christine on the new CD?" and "Is Bekka a full member?" and "Who's Rick Vito?"

Mick has made a living from one band. It has financed restaurants and a "solo" blues band. And a lavish lifestyle to boot. He is an expert adaptor. And he has had to be an expert liar, or else the numerous iterations of Fleetwood Mac would not have sold, including 1975 Fleetwood Mac when people missed the blues band and Bob Welch band.
But Kristen Buckingham says he's a motherf@cker! The end.