Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Boston tonight!

starting a thread for people going tonight to tell us what's going on.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-28-2017, 07:25 PM

I really love how pumped you are for this!! You get my juices flowing for it!
Old 06-28-2017, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I really love how pumped you are for this!! You get my juices flowing for it!
haha somehow i don't think you need me for that!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-29-2017, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Whomever closed the DC Wolf Trap thread...
well let me just say that was a cheesy thing
to do.

People's feelings sure get hurt easy here.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Closing it was so odd- I read that thread again and it appears it was closed because someone said they weren't going to see Buck/Vie live after watching some concert videos of them posted here.

As FM once said so eloquently, "Oh Well." On With the Show!

Last edited by bwboy; 06-29-2017 at 07:04 AM..
Old 06-29-2017, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw BMac in Boston. A thoroughly enjoyable show! A big crowd in the 5000 seat seaside venue. Crowd stood almost entire evening and the band fed off the energy. Outside of a disappointing encore that failed to capture the energy that had blown the roof off the place during the YMLF, SA, GYOW, Everywhere fire blast, I can say this was simple joy for me.

In My World and So Afraid were pure ecstasy for me.

More thoughts later.

Last edited by John Run; 06-29-2017 at 07:18 AM..
Old 06-29-2017, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Whomever closed the DC Wolf Trap thread...
well let me just say that was a cheesy thing
to do.

People's feelings sure get hurt easy here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Closing it was so odd- I read that thread again and it appears it was closed because someone said they weren't going to see Buck/Vie live after watching some concert videos of them posted here.

As FM once said so eloquently, "Oh Well." On With the Show!
No surprise to me that the thread was shut down.There are a slew of people here who regularly enjoy bashing SN and her live performances but 'cry me a river' when u give an opinion on their faves that they can't handle. Plus we have a Ledgie moderator who is part of that pound SN pack who I'd guess was prompted to and more than likely the one who locked it up. That won't stop people from expressing honest opinions in other threads of the BuckVie live shows. It is important for it to be noted that I WANT them to be great live and if they aren't, let's just call a spade a spade. And though SN has always been my favorite singer, I have always called FM my favorite band and love many songs by Lindsey and Chris. And I love the new Fleetwood Mac album but am highly turned off by how these songs are presented live.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've read through the DC thread that got closed. And now I'm reading through this thread.

Anyone on here knows I'm the biggest Christine fan (with the exception of Macfan57--wherever you are!). But I can understand how more than a few people are disappointed by the way she and LB sound on this tour. The videos are rough indeed.

But that's something we have to remember: they're videos. I remember seeing FM twice on the last tour. When I saw them in Buffalo, I was overjoyed to witness what I thought was the best version of SYLM I'd heard in years. Everyone sounded great! Then I went to YouTube the following week and watched it again. Everything and everyone sounded awful. There is a distinct difference between the concert-goer's experience and the home viewer's experience. It does not surprise me at all that those who are attending the shows are having a great time. The arrangements and performances are tailored to a live theatre

I am disappointed that neither LB nor CM are playing as much as they could be, but hey, I am just happy I got this magnificent album of songs, which is more than I could have hoped for at this stage.

One more note: I have often felt the same way about Stevie's live performances these days. Some of her vocals, like Christine's, are cringe-worthy. It happens. They're all getting older. The difference is that Stevie still exerts an urgency and energy that give her performances an added lift. She still has an "attack." I only mention Stevie at all here because a comparison between the two singers was made in the DC thread.

But, again, we still have all this new music. For that, I'm overjoyed.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
No surprise to me that the thread was shut down.There are a slew of people here who regularly enjoy bashing SN and her live performances but 'cry me a river' when u give an opinion on their faves that they can't handle. Plus we have a Ledgie moderator who is part of that pound SN pack who I'd guess was prompted to and more than likely the one who locked it up. That won't stop people from expressing honest opinions in other threads of the BuckVie live shows. It is important for it to be noted that I WANT them to be great live and if they aren't, let's just call a spade a spade. And though SN has always been my favorite singer, I have always called FM my favorite band and love many songs by Lindsey and Chris. And I love the new Fleetwood Mac album but am highly turned off by how these songs are presented live.
Hear, hear.

I hate the notion that to be a fan means you have to a totally sycophantic ass kisser of this band or any members. When people PAY for an artist's work (live or recorded) they have every right to have an opinion about that work and every right to express it. A healthy, respectful exchange of opinions is what these forums should be about.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Hear, hear.

I hate the notion that to be a fan means you have to a totally sycophantic ass kisser of this band or any members. When people PAY for an artist's work (live or recorded) they have every right to have an opinion about that work and every right to express it. A healthy, respectful exchange of opinions is what these forums should be about.
Absolutely! This isn't Seven Wonders! You can be critical without being necessarily mean. A spade is a spade.

So, they sing off key, and play with karaoke tracks...so what!
Old 06-29-2017, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Absolutely! This isn't Seven Wonders! You can be critical without being necessarily mean. A spade is a spade.

So, they sing off key, and play with karaoke tracks...so what!
I just think if you love someone (a person, a band, a performer, whatever) you have to love them warts and all. You can't wish their flaws away. I always find it interesting when fans can't admit any flaws or foibles in their idols.... it's like they're saying I can't love this band/person/music if they aren't absolutely perfect. No one is and you certainly can't expect performers who've been around as long as this band has been to be 100% every time. That's for the casual fans who only show up when the band has a hit. A lot of us are in it for the long haul and that means bumps in the road and cringe-worthy songs/shows/interviews from time to time.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I've read through the DC thread that got closed. And now I'm reading through this thread.

Anyone on here knows I'm the biggest Christine fan (with the exception of Macfan57--wherever you are!). But I can understand how more than a few people are disappointed by the way she and LB sound on this tour. The videos are rough indeed.

But that's something we have to remember: they're videos. I remember seeing FM twice on the last tour. When I saw them in Buffalo, I was overjoyed to witness what I thought was the best version of SYLM I'd heard in years. Everyone sounded great! Then I went to YouTube the following week and watched it again. Everything and everyone sounded awful.There is a distinct difference between the concert-goer's experience and the home viewer's experience. It does not surprise me at all that those who are attending the shows are having a great time. The arrangements and performances are tailored to a live theatre

I am disappointed that neither LB nor CM are playing as much as they could be, but hey, I am just happy I got this magnificent album of songs, which is more than I could have hoped for at this stage.

One more note: I have often felt the same way about Stevie's live performances these days. Some of her vocals, like Christine's, are cringe-worthy. It happens. They're all getting older. The difference is that Stevie still exerts an urgency and energy that give her performances an added lift. She still has an "attack." I only mention Stevie at all here because a comparison between the two singers was made in the DC thread.

But, again, we still have all this new music. For that, I'm overjoyed.
I'm not watching any videos on You Tube because I want to be surprised (even though I know the setlist), and because there's a huge, huge difference between attending a concert and watching videos on You Tube from an awful angle and with a crappy sound. I don't want anybody to ruin it for me.

Anyway, I don't need any excuses. If I don't want to go to a concert, I'm not waiting for somebody to tell me the musicians sound awful. Clearly, if I don't go is because I never got the intention of going. Period.

Different performances from different members of this band is a matter of preferences. I don't care about Stevie's attacks of energy. I don't like her outside of the band, and I don't make excuses.

I'm waiting to see them live (all of them and BuckVie alone) and I hope my opinion won't be taken as a negative one if I don't like them.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It will be interesting to hear feedback from people who have only seen videos from shows up til now who then attend a show in person. I'll be seeing them in Seattle in a couple weeks and will report on my experience.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I just think if you love someone (a person, a band, a performer, whatever) you have to love them warts and all. You can't wish their flaws away. I always find it interesting when fans can't admit any flaws or foibles in their idols.... it's like they're saying I can't love this band/person/music if they aren't absolutely perfect. No one is and you certainly can't expect performers who've been around as long as this band has been to be 100% every time. That's for the casual fans who only show up when the band has a hit. A lot of us are in it for the long haul and that means bumps in the road and cringe-worthy songs/shows/interviews from time to time.
This band is literally the soundtrack of my entire life. It pains me to see them get old, and their voices not as strong. Their hands not as agile.

Because I'm getting older, too. Yes I'm getting older, too.

So even if we're being honest about their frailties, I DID enjoy this BuckVie show as much as any FM show I've ever attended!!! It's a little bittersweet, wondering how much longer they've got left to do this, watching your LIFETIME HEROES winding down, but joyous nonetheless!
Old 06-29-2017, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
This band is literally the soundtrack of my entire life. It pains me to see them get old, and their voices not as strong. Their hands not as agile.

Because I'm getting older, too. Yes I'm getting older, too.

So even if we're being honest about their frailties, I DID enjoy this BuckVie show as much as any FM show I've ever attended!!! It's a little bittersweet, wondering how much longer they've got left to do this, watching your LIFETIME HEROES winding down, but joyous nonetheless!

Ditto....Ditto...Ditto.