Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-31-2002, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Concert setlist question

There are a bunch of songs that this band just refuses to play live. Granted they haven't played a concert (save the Clinton thing) in 5 years, but it's doubtful that things will change drastically from the Dance in future shows.

Are there reasons given by the band for the following songs just never appearing or completely disappearing from a setlist:

Oh Well - C'mon, this was played I think in every FM concert for what, 28 years or something, then suddenly it's just gone?

Blue Letter - uhm, this song is excellence. WHY isn't it played anymore??? It really should be played on the new tour. A great Stevie/Lindsey song.

World Turning - I know a lot of people don't like this one...but I think it's a fun song.

Sara - save the excuse that it's too hard to play live. If they can manage to bring a marching band on stage and play two songs with them...I'm thinking they can do this song on stage.

The Ledge - I've heard one bootleg of this song I think from one of the Melbourne shows in 1980...it's a fun little song on the album, and I think it could be a fun little song on stage.

Here I'll save time - almost ALL of the songs from Tusk!? Really, what's up with that?

Hold Me - I love this song, studio version, and live versions. What's the deal with it? Did the public really hate the song live or something on the mirage tour? It was played during the '82 Mirage tour, but was left off the "Mirage video," and hasn't been played in almost 20 years! IMO, this is one of Chris' best!

Eyes of the World - well there was that *ONE* night on the Dance tour, but it disappeared after that. On the album I thought it was a bit crappy, but all the live versions of it really rock.

Little Lies or Isn't it Midnight - gladly would I have rather seen one of these switched into the place of Everywhere on The Dance.

Tango in the Night - a Killer Lindsey song with an amazing guitar solo.

There are more that I have to complain about, a lot more, but I think this is enough for now. I just want to know if there's some reason that the band seemingly refuses to play some of these songs. Especially those that are practically demanded by some fans (i.e. Sara).
Old 07-31-2002, 10:12 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Concert setlist question

World Turning - I know a lot of people don't like this one...but I think it's a fun song.
They elected to use the loose format (i.e. 18 minutes) and adapted it to Not That Funny, almost the same song.

The Ledge - I've heard one bootleg of this song I think from one of the Melbourne shows in 1980...it's a fun little song on the album, and I think it could be a fun little song on stage.
Unfortunately, they never played The Ledge live. The boot you are referring to is a Tusk Tour Rehearsal. Though it does song like Melbourne.

Tango in the Night - a Killer Lindsey song with an amazing guitar solo.
I agree wholeheartedly that it would rock, however, many would argue it would be redundant with I'm So Afraid on the setlist. I'd poo poo them, but hey, whatcha gonna do?

-Brian
P.S. Speaking of Rehearsals and Straight Back, they did SB on a Mirage Rehearsal, and it does groove quite nicely. Although it would've been a bit redundant with Sisters Of The Moon at the time, they do sound eerily similar.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Brian for ruining my hope that they have played "The Ledge" on stage and may do it again! haha, just kiddin'

As for TITN, they would have to drop ISA if they did it live, or tie the two together or something, as they are quite similar.

Same for Straight Back and SIsters of the Moon...very similar, but all great songs nonetheless.

Whatever they play onstage though, I just hope it's not this:

The Chain, Dreams, I'm So Afraid, Gypsy, GDW, Big Love, New Song, New Song, Stand Back, Not That Funny, Rhiannon, 2nd Hand News, New Song, Tusk, GYOW, Don't Stop, Landslide.

If it was up to me, which it is not, and NEVER will be..haha...I would totally move everything around. Still end the main part of the show with GYOW, but I'm thinking move The Chain to the end of the show. Go out with a bang!
Old 08-02-2002, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As far as "Tango..." & "I'm So Afraid"...if "Murrow" makes it on the new album, it makes BOTH of those songs obsolete.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but I'm thinking move The Chain to the end of the show.
NOOOOOOOOO!!! Hehe I just LOVE this song opening the concert. I have a boot of a Tango concert and I usually just skip Say You Love Me because it's such a bad opener IMO compared to The Chain. But I agree about switching some things up. I'm almost positive Landslide will close the shows...but I'd like to hear some "new old" songs...meaning new songs in the set that are old. Long Distance Winner, Tango in the Night, I Don't Want to Know, Welcome to the Room...Sara (I know many would NOT concur with this song, but I think it would be nice live if reworked a little). We'll see what happens...sometimes FM surprises us. Sometimes...
Old 08-02-2002, 08:55 PM
thewhitewingedd
Old 08-02-2002, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer386

I have a boot of a Tango concert and I usually just skip Say You Love Me because it's such a bad opener IMO compared to The Chain.
I agree, SYLM is a bad opener...compared to The Chain, or for that matter, any other song. It seems more apporpriate for the second song I'm thinking...if that spot wasn't usually occupied by Dreams. As for other openers...I liked 2nd Hand News on the Mirage Tour and I always thought Monday Morning was a good one also.

Here's a real twist on things. Open with Rhiannon. Start with the little piano part and then break out into the all-out rock-and-roll version complete with some blistering guitar work. I know we can give up on Stevie ever shredding her chords on this one ever again...but with some better guitar work than we got with The Dance, the song could regain some of it's old glory.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, it's not that no other song could open the shows, but for some reason I don't like The Chain in between songs. I think the only other place I would like it would be as the first encore after the breather. I don't know why. Just, to me, it doesn't flow well AFTER a song.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I usually would be wondering "are they doing this song.. I hope they do that song", but given the fact that I've never seen Fleetwood Mac live before, I would just be happy with them singing anything! The thought of just being there.. watching their amazing chemistry.. and listening to those great songs.. would definitely satisfy me.

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 08-03-2002, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post Concert Setlist

I think the setlist will change drastically from The Dance shows for the simple fact that the band is without Christine and are promoting a new record.

They can do ANYTHING they want, as long as they do it well. There's really no song I wouldn't mind hearing. Like Michelle said just to see them up on that stage together with that amazing chemistry will be awesome.

Joe
Old 08-03-2002, 02:32 PM
thewhitewingedd
Old 08-05-2002, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face

I also agree with Michelle. I have never seen the band live and am looking forward to the new album/tour. I will admit that it seems they always play the same songs on most of the tours with some new old favourites added for each tour. Let's hope that they don't just go for the obvious favourites and skip some of the older and less played songs. Either way just seeing them in concert is going to be a real thrill.

Sometimes It's A Bitch
Sometimes It's A Breeze

Dreams Unwind
Loves A State of Mind

Stevie Nicks
Old 08-06-2002, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just want the electric version of Big Love live, that would be something.

Also they MUST play Murrow.

Old 08-06-2002, 05:32 PM
thewhitewingedd
Old 08-06-2002, 05:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well, one can't have it both ways. If they break out all kinds of odds and ends, critics and fans criticize it as being an "oddball" show. But if they go with traditional stuff, it's criticized as "been there done that". Ya can't win. And one isn't really able to say they played the same stuff on the Dance Tour:

Gold Dust Woman for the first time live since 77..that's 20 YEARS!
Temp One, Bleed To Love Her, Sweet Girl, My Little Demon, all new
Big Love AT THE TIME was brand new
Go Insane anyone??
Farmer's Daughter, great song pulled out of the hat
Stand Back first time on a BN lineup

Right there is 9 of 27 songs 1/3 of the songs far from standard. And c'mon, we're talking about a nearly 2 and a half hour show. That's the longest show they've put together to date!!! Not even in their prime of Rumours and Tusk did they even eclipse 2 hours. Give them credit where due.
-Brian
Old 08-06-2002, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default perfect set list

heres IMO the perfect setlist for the world tour...i do like a lot of the things they do...so i wouldnt change em

The Chain
I Don't Wanna Know
Never Goin Back Again
Crystal
Gold Dust Woman

I'm So Afraid
Stand Back
Sister of the Moon
Big Love (w/ Stevie)
Landslide
Second Hand News

Silver Springs
Oh Well
Green Manalishi
Rhiannon
Gypsy

World Turning (Stevie/Lindsey)
Go Your Own Way
Sara
Don't Stop (Stevie singing Chris' part)
----
Beautiful Child (Stevie on piano, Lindsey sitting on drum riser with acoustic//no drums in song)
Old 08-06-2002, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default correction

here it is

The Chain
I Don't Wanna Know
Never Goin Back Again
Crystal
Gold Dust Woman
NEW SONG
I'm So Afraid
Stand Back
Sister of the Moon
Big Love (w/ Stevie)
Landslide
Second Hand News
NEW SONG
Silver Springs
Oh Well
Green Manalishi
Rhiannon
Gypsy
NEW SONG
World Turning (Stevie/Lindsey)
Go Your Own Way
Sara
Don't Stop (Stevie singing Chris' part)
----
Beautiful Child (Stevie on piano, Lindsey sitting on drum riser with acoustic//no drums in song)
Old 08-06-2002, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a good question.....How about solo songs?

I know Stevie does Stand Back, and Lindsey Go Insane....How about one more from each? maybe that would help the gap?

~Alex