The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel sort of bad that she doesn't like the SYW album...I actually really do like it and it sort of sucks to know that she dislikes it so much She's never seemed like someone who would sell out and compromise that much, so why did she go through with it and have her name attached to it forever if she didn't like it? She's always seemed way to stubborn to do that.

And, I know there are probably many Eagles fans here and I hope they don't get offended by my saying this...but I would be very happy to never hear her mention any of the Eagles ever again! I really don't like them, either as a group or as her romantic partners. Just the fact that she always says that Joe Walsh was the love of her (drug fueled) life gives me a headache. Hasn't she heard some of the stuff he has allegedly said about her??? I just absolutely refuse, refuse, to believe he was the love of her life. *random rant over*

But, as always, I still love ya Stevie

Last edited by GypsyBlueEyes; 10-18-2009 at 03:07 PM..
Old 10-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The interesting aspects of this article are overshadowed by how nauseating it is as a whole.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
I feel sort of bad that she doesn't like the SYW album...I actually really do like it and it sort of sucks to know that she dislikes it so much She's never seemed like someone who would sell out and compromise that much, so why did she go through with it and have her name attached to it forever if she didn't like it? She's always seemed way to stubborn to do that.

And, I know there are probably many Eagles fans here and I hope they don't get offended by my saying this...but I would be very happy to never hear her mention any of the Eagles ever again! I really don't like them, either as a group or as her romantic partners. Just the fact that she always says that Joe Walsh was the love of her (drug fueled) life gives me a headache. Hasn't she heard some of the stuff he has allegedly said about her??? I just absolutely refuse, refuse, to believe he was the love of her life. *random rant over*

But, as always, I still love ya Stevie
I agree with both points. But re: SYW: I'm sorry. Stevie's taste sucks. Her taste in collaborators and producers outside of Lindsey have been sub-par. And the result has been subpar music -- subpar music that Lindsey could have made great because, lyrically, much of it was wondrous.

And I'm not being anti-Stevie. Pro-Lindsey. Stevie always brought out the best in Lindsey also. Everytime I listen to Under the Skin and Gift of Screws I imagine what we lost by her not being included in those songs and not having songs of her own to compliment them on the albums.

In decades of lost opportunities, Say You Will is a shining beacon.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I agree with both points. But re: SYW: I'm sorry. Stevie's taste sucks. Her taste in collaborators and producers outside of Lindsey have been sub-par. And the result has been subpar music -- subpar music that Lindsey could have made great because, lyrically, much of it was wondrous.

And I'm not being anti-Stevie. Pro-Lindsey. Stevie always brought out the best in Lindsey also. Everytime I listen to Under the Skin and Gift of Screws I imagine what we lost by her not being included in those songs and not having songs of her own to compliment them on the albums.

In decades of lost opportunities, Say You Will is a shining beacon.
TrueFaith, you are so right in what you say of SYW. I do love that album and I'm proud to say it. I'm proud enough to wear a "SYW IS AWESOME AND WHAT YOU GOTTA SAY ABOUT THAT" shirt in front of Stevie Nicks if I so feel it because it is really the album that cemented them in my heart as a current band as opposed to an oldies band with great classic songs.

And it was Lindsey's incredible performances during the SYW shows that made me really, really into them. I will always love the album and, yes, prefer Lindsey's songs on there to Stevie's- but hers aren't crap. I listened to all of her solo albums and there are songs on those that I would probably use that word with over some of her SYW stuff. She is unnecessarily harsh towards LB re: his work on that album and I'm shocked not because it isn't fair, but more because I haven't heard much better from her own stuff.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't worry. Stevie has always been one to jump on the bandwagon of what is popular in the moment.
She ranked on the Tusk album forever until 2003 when the critics raved it was the best album FM had ever done, then all the sudden she was a huge fan of Tusk.
She raved about the Dixie Chicks until Natalie Maines' big fiasco. Then when the Dixie Chicks became cool again Stevie told the press how great they were, but during their time of turmoil she never defended her friend.

Ten years from now if the critics rave about Say You Will Stevie will say it contains their best work of the 21st Century. Just wait, you'll see.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Don't worry. Stevie has always been one to jump on the bandwagon of what is popular in the moment.
She ranked on the Tusk album forever until 2003 when the critics raved it was the best album FM had ever done, then all the sudden she was a huge fan of Tusk.
She raved about the Dixie Chicks until Natalie Maines' big fiasco. Then when the Dixie Chicks became cool again Stevie told the press how great they were, but during their time of turmoil she never defended her friend.

Ten years from now if the critics rave about Say You Will Stevie will say it contains their best work of the 21st Century. Just wait, you'll see.
I actually was thinking the same thing. Someday soon--she will LOVE SYW and the tour and Lindsey and all that jazz.
I agree with whoever said (too lazy to look it up) they should stop the interviews. Stevie's are infuriating (to me) and Lindsey sounds like a pompous windbag.

Of course, no one asks them about anything new. But, Lord, I hate hearing about Rumours by now. Hate the drug talk. The Cocaine talk. The hole in the nose talk. The cycles talk. Blech on all of it.

Say You Will was awful! Terrible! Torture to tour in support of it! But they did tour--for two years. And made a lot of people very happy doing so. I've said this before but I really loved the tour. And I do consider it somewhat of a slap in the face of the fans to hear this stuff now. Because there was a major difference between this tour and the ones before. They were selling this whole "reconciliation" stuff for all it was worth and now they (well, actually, Stevie) is yanking it back.

I still love her. Think she's nutty as a bedbug at times. But, the interviews--especially in print--annoy the hell out of me.

And someone--please inform her about the things Joe Walsh has said about her. That should put an immediate restraining order on her comments about him.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

Viv, that was exactly what I was going to say! For years she hated Tusk until it became cool to like and critically acclaimed and then suddenly it was like her great lost album and she started performing songs from it.
SYW is a fantastic album and I've no doubt that a few years down the line people will start saying it was the unappreciated comeback album and then Stevie will suddenly start saying she likes it again.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink my two cents...for what it's worth...

I think Joe Walsh was the love of her life because she couldn't have him. He dumped Stevie Nicks for goodness sakes...and now forever and ever Stevie will let Joe know he will never get away from the sound of a women that loves you. (Yes I'm aware that lyric is not about him, felt it would be fitting here though!). But Stevie will always have Lindsey in one way or another and can say whatever she wants about Lindsey and their past and the hypothetical babies they would have had. I can imagine how Ms. Kristen felt when Stevie started blabing on stage about how bad she wanted to sing in Paris and the "lovely Lindsey said..." Ha Ha. Lindsey would definitely be sleeping on the couch if he didn't give robot answers in interviews.

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 10-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From 2003:

''There was plenty of drama, plenty of arguments, things we really had to hash out,'' Nicks says. ``But that's what makes a great record. If everything went blissfully smooth it would be a blissfully boring record.''

"I think my material on this album is some of my best material ever. And I think that Lindsay's material is his best material ever. So I feel that whatever it was that made us reform, there was a real reason for it. And maybe it was all this material that needed to come out."

http://rockalittle.com/fleetwoodmac_articles_2003.htm

Last edited by vermicious knid; 10-18-2009 at 04:40 PM..
Old 10-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't understand the point of interviewing them separately! I do hate that they are asked the same questions all the time...and I think that a lot of interviews are probably edited down to what the individual paper/magazine thinks will sell the most...and I think that a lot of answers to questions are recycled from other interviews...so those three things put together are a large part of why we keep getting all the same information. The only way we would ever be able to get a really great interview is if the we are the ones to do it. People who are only mildly interested in FM are only going to ask about the more infamous FM trivia whereas we want to know about so much more than that and we have the knowledge to call them on BS answers

Can't you just see it...put them all in one room and just go for it: "Lindsey, I don't want to hear the word 'cycle' in this interview and you are NOT allowed to say 'that this has always been a band of contradictions' - you're going to have to dig a lot deeper than that" and "Stevie, if you're going to either wax poetic about your relationship with Lindsey or throw daggers at him, you better be willing to do so right in front of him so that we can finally get to the bottom of this mess of a relationship" and "you are not allowed to talk about cocaine or Klonopin unless I ask about it!"

Once all the ground rules are set, we would be able to go much deeper than just the stuff we've been getting. Anyway, that's my idea of how the interview should go
Old 10-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
I really don't understand the point of interviewing them separately! I do hate that they are asked the same questions all the time...and I think that a lot of interviews are probably edited down to what the individual paper/magazine thinks will sell the most...and I think that a lot of answers to questions are recycled from other interviews...so those three things put together are a large part of why we keep getting all the same information. The only way we would ever be able to get a really great interview is if the we are the ones to do it. People who are only mildly interested in FM are only going to ask about the more infamous FM trivia whereas we want to know about so much more than that and we have the knowledge to call them on BS answers

Can't you just see it...put them all in one room and just go for it: "Lindsey, I don't want to hear the word 'cycle' in this interview and you are NOT allowed to say 'that this has always been a band of contradictions' - you're going to have to dig a lot deeper than that" and "Stevie, if you're going to either wax poetic about your relationship with Lindsey or throw daggers at him, you better be willing to do so right in front of him so that we can finally get to the bottom of this mess of a relationship" and "you are not allowed to talk about cocaine or Klonopin unless I ask about it!"

Once all the ground rules are set, we would be able to go much deeper than just the stuff we've been getting. Anyway, that's my idea of how the interview should go

This is great stuff. Lindsey should not be allowed to say "convoluted" either. That boy might have to get himself a new thesaurus.

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 10-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

What bad things did Don say about Stevie? The only thing i know of is the thing about her getting an abortion.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
What bad things did Don say about Stevie? The only thing i know of is the thing about her getting an abortion.
Not Don, Joe Walsh. He called her a road f*ck on Howard Stern. However, he wasn't sober when he said it, so maybe he's apologized to her at some point. Otherwise, I can't understand why Stevie would wax so poetic about him.

I think we've all said the same things about these articles for so long we've developed our own cycle! AAAHHHH!!!!!

P.S. Did anyone see SNL last night? They had Bill Hader dressed up as Lindsey on a talk show, but he never got to speak. The clothes were dead on, leather jacket, jeans, boots, and orange Hanes shirt. I wish he would have had a speaking part. I was pretty surprised, how random. I apologize if this has been mentioned somewhere else already,
Old 10-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
I think Joe Walsh was the love of her life because she couldn't have him.
Amen. Mama ain't so used to that and I'm sure it was quite jarring for the reigning queen of rock n' roll
Old 10-18-2009, 05:26 PM

I honestly now really understand why Christine left. It's because you had to be drunk and all coked up to deal with these people. She probably sobered up and couldn't deal with them. They sound like morons in these interviews and I get annoyed just reading them. Imagine touring a whole year listening to these two...

We loved Say You Will, we hate Say You Will, I'm not touring ever again without Christine, I'll tour without Christine. We got along really well during SYW, all we did was fight during SYW. Sheryl Crow is joining the band, Sheryl Crow isn't joining the band. We have eight more years in us, I don't have enough time to eat a meal and I'm exhausted.

Bottom line... WE NEED YOUR MONEY!!