Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post

and she seems absolutely devastated when he left
i dont care what she says
that's a huge chunk of her life that just disappeared
Yeah, even from Mick's book, I get this impression. Mick says she said to Lindsey, "you're breaking my ________ heart." Then, for the Cage tour Mick says that it was hard for Stevie to get used to being on tour without Lindsey. But then again, I think they were all kind of distraught, even though they forged ahead and didn't say so at the time. I always remember them at the press conference and when they said that Lindsey going brought some sadness John followed up with, "definite sadness." I was touched.

Michele
Old 10-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, even from Mick's book, I get this impression. Mick says she said to Lindsey, "you're breaking my ________ heart." Then, for the Cage tour Mick says that it was hard for Stevie to get used to being on tour without Lindsey. But then again, I think they were all kind of distraught, even though they forged ahead and didn't say so at the time. I always remember them at the press conference and when they said that Lindsey going brought some sadness John followed up with, "definite sadness." I was touched.

Michele
That's really touching. I sometimes get the impression Lindsey and John are at the least indifferent towards each other.

But, John could have been remembering what went down....and speaking of the incident - whether or not it was as embellished as it became in Mick's book or in the subsequent interviews - that had to be a very heart wrenching scene that played out between SnL...however it went down. (Prior to him pinning her on the car or whatever...)
Old 10-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
I've always been curious about Lindsey's feelings towards Stevie's addiction to Klopoin. I had never before heard anything from him about this issue.
Lindsey also spent a little time (a day or two or three?) with the band when they were recording Behind the Mask. Was Stevie in the studio during Lindsey's visits? I don't know. There's a photo in one of the tourbooks of him at the studio with Christine & Billy & I think Mick. Maybe Stevie was around that day, maybe she wasn't.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
That's really touching. I sometimes get the impression Lindsey and John are at the least indifferent towards each other.
John seems to be the elusive one
ive never even really thought about his r/ship with S or L

it kinda makes those comments coming from John more sadder
because he isnt one to amp up the drama

they were soooooooooo messed up
Old 10-18-2009, 12:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

So Stevie went to rehab 2 times for coke? Cause I know she went for the kolonopin also. Also did SnL get back together at some point? Some of these posts are confusing me!

Old 10-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
Also did SnL get back together at some point?
I am nearly certain that they were "together" in some way during Mirage, but don't quote me. But really, there's just a ton of speculation. A lot of us have our own theories but nothing is concrete.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I'm sure they get on each other's nerves, but I remember John saying that being in the band was like having 2 brothers and 2 sisters and that it felt like family, even if you didn't see each other often I think he meant it.

Also, speaking of the BTM appearances, that was one of the nicest moments. I was only there for Los Angeles. I wasn't there the first night Lindsey showed up, but I have the video. When Lindsey goes down the line, hugging the band and reaches John, he gets the feeling that John isn't going to shake his hand and he plays it off, but John reaches out warmly to him. It's both awkward and moving.
Michele
Old 10-18-2009, 05:01 AM
Registered

Thanks for posting that clip, CADreaming, her introduction, as you said, indeed was a killer! I love that small change she made to 'Landslide' near the end- 'take this love-take it/if you climb a mountain I hope you make it'
I especially liked seeing her perform the song that way with LB, and seeing his reaction to that small change- he seemed very much to approve- the audience liked it, too, it seems. I'd always thought this slight variation was only done on Stevie's solo tours, so I appreciate having been able to see her perform it with Lindsey.
I think it's so much more emotionally striking performed this way-- "take it", without the 'down' --and it sounds better for her voice too, a case of a little thing that makes a big difference. I bet she's forgotten, completely, about the 'take it/make it' couplet near the ending, but I think it makes a great song even greater. If it was Klonopin-induced (and likely, it was, being the era) it was artistry perfected to drop the last 'down'- I've never heard a 'Landslide' I liked better than the 'Timespace' era ones, and now this one with Lindsey.
Too bad when she stopped the downers she forgot to keep the second 'down' out of Landslide. One 'down' is enough (just don't mix it with wine, weed, and calling the store to deliver a ton of food!)
Old 10-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So Stevie went to rehab 2 times for coke? Cause I know she went for the kolonopin also. Also did SnL get back together at some point? Some of these posts are confusing me!
they've said [or Stevie i think] that they didnt really break up til 87 when he left. i think them both being in the band prolonged their dysfunctional relationship and never really allowed them to end things completely.

they were still randomly sleeping together during Mirage-Tango years though right? im sure ive heard that on this board
Old 10-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure they get on each other's nerves, but I remember John saying that being in the band was like having 2 brothers and 2 sisters and that it felt like family, even if you didn't see each other often I think he meant it.

Also, speaking of the BTM appearances, that was one of the nicest moments. I was only there for Los Angeles. I wasn't there the first night Lindsey showed up, but I have the video. When Lindsey goes down the line, hugging the band and reaches John, he gets the feeling that John isn't going to shake his hand and he plays it off, but John reaches out warmly to him. It's both awkward and moving.
Michele
Could you post video of that??? We'd all love it!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

Didn't know that they were still kind of together til 87 i don't mind though I think they look cute together! What do you guys think?

Old 10-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Aww, that's sweet. I'm sure Lindsey could probably get on someone like John's nerves fairly quickly, but I'm also sure they get along at times as well. They seem to have bonded during "Destiny Rules" in some parts...of course, if their form of bonding is Lindsey sitting and bitching about stuff and John smoking cigarettes and laughing hysterically at everything LB says...then they're good.

Mind you, I love LB dearly and think he's just, well, incredible, but he's quite high-strung and JM is more laid-back. It seems like their personalities are quite different but they make it work despite the odds.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
they were still randomly sleeping together during Mirage-Tango years though right?
That's only some fans' speculation.

I don't think they had anything to do with each other during that time. From the end of the Mirage tour, I don't even think they saw each other until she recorded with the band in 1986.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Didn't know that they were still kind of together til 87 i don't mind though I think they look cute together! What do you guys think?
I think Stevie's comment (about not completely breaking up until 1987) has been misinterpreted. I think she meant it figuratively -- that they had never really achieved closure emotionally -- not that they were still boyfriend & girlfriend.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think Stevie's comment (about not completely breaking up until 1987) has been misinterpreted. I think she meant it figuratively -- that they had never really achieved closure emotionally -- not that they were still boyfriend & girlfriend.
I half disagree, half agree. I don't think they were in a relationship from 1976, but I think they randomly slept together through the years, until 1987 when they finally got closure and stopped doing that.