The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Fleetwood Mac release a new album by the end of 2010?
Yes 24 27.91%
No 62 72.09%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
You want to talk about bullying? How about blatantly and inexcusably misinterpreting what someone says for the purpose of belittling them? Jesus.
The "positive" people are often the most negative on the board --- toward other board members.

But let's have peace & a veritable cornucopia of opinion, I say.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The "positive" people are often the most negative on the board --- toward other board members.

But let's have peace & a veritable cornucopia of opinion, I say.
Haha.. time to agree to disagree again... Completely the other way around..(Obviously)

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....

Last edited by Steviefan49; 10-23-2009 at 08:03 PM..
Old 10-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Just catching up now...

So, apparently-

means

& more hilariously

WHERE DO I SAY FM'S NEXT TOUR NEEDS TO BE/ONLY HOPE IS THEIR FAREWELL TOUR? I clearly said that if Fleetwood Mac wants to tour in 2010 at the same venues for the same fee next year, it would take a few extreme developments to facilitate such an arrangement (and not just a new studio album).

You want to talk about bullying? How about blatantly and inexcusably misinterpreting what someone says for the purpose of belittling them? Jesus.
Sorry.. but you seriously have me laughing..."Only Hope it's their Farewell tour"? I can't quit laughing... Hey.. You ever thought about going to a Country western board?

I far from misinterpreted what you said.. I got it spot on, which was why I said what I did...

Have a wonderful weekend MY FRIEND!

Old 10-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I think what would help Fleetwood Mac sell more albums and tickets is for them to interact more with their fans (at least in the U.S.). In the pics that have been posted on here recently from concerts outside the U.S., FMac seems to pose more willlingly for photos with fans, etc. They need to get out in the audience some at concerts. They need to show their fans that they are honored that they came to see them. For example, My husband is a fan of Rick Springfield and in the recent concert footage I've seen of Rick, he seems SO appreciative of his fans. He interacts with them, gets out in the audience, acts like it's the best time he's ever had! He's about the same age as Lindsey and Stevie. If he can do it, so can they. In no way am I trying to compare Rick and FMac musically. I'm just trying to say that in the music business today, it is a necessity to make your fans feel like they matter.
Totally agree with you...

Old 10-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Nope! It takes them around 18 months+ to record and release these days. That means they would have had to start recording this past June for a Christmas 2010 release. They are supposedly meeting in January to discuss recording again. For ****s and giggles, let's say they decide to begin recording a new album during that meeting (which at this point, I am highly doubtful of). They'll take a good 6 months off after January to recover from their world tour, and spend that time searching for a recording venue and a producer. With all the egos involved, that will be no easy task getting everyone to agree on common ground for all this. So we're looking at an earliest possible start date for recording in June 2010. That means an earliest possible release date of around Christmas 2011. And I'm being very conservative... I think it will likely take longer because everyone will say they need a big break after the tour, then they'll fight and bitch about a recording venue, and ESPECIALLY a producer. Mark my words, that will be a big showdown, and could sink the project altogether. And this is all assuming they decide in January that they really want to move forward with a new album at all!
You took the words right out of my mouth......how better could it be said...totally agree....I picked NO....I personally don't see anything happing with them....period....heck what happend to the uptenth Rumours re-issue with DVD we were 'suppose' to get anyway....if that can't be worked out how is anything totally 'new' gonna be worked out......I just don't see it happening......it is whatever it is.....
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."