User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She really is the shining star of Fleetwood Mac. There's no doubt about it.
There's a lot of doubt about that.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What would you do? Because I truly don't know what I'd do...
I would have done the same as Don.
I guess he won in the long run.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I would have done the same as Don.
I guess he won in the long run.
I truly don't know what I would have done. I guess it would depend on my bank acct. If I had 10 mil, I would have made his decision. If I was down to 1/2 mil, I would've signed the lesser agreement(I think Timothy said, 10% of millions, is still better than getting nothing from it - totally paraphrasing - but something along those lines).
Old 08-26-2015, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
There's a lot of doubt about that.
Opinions...vary...or something....
Old 08-26-2015, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Mick, John, and Christine ARE Fleetwood Mac. That's why it simply didn't work when Christine wasn't there during the shows in '94-'95 or any time after '98. The void left by Peter Green's departure was minuscule compared to that of Christine's. Even with Stevie and Lindsey there, it felt incomplete. Christine's absence was not something they were able to overcome.
I understand what you're saying, with the acknowledgment that Mick, John and Christine have been the bedrock of the band since Christine became an official member in 1971. But that does not diminish the significant contributions of other members who have passed through the band.

Fleetwood Mac is the banner name for various musicians and songwriters whose individual influences shaped the sound of the band. Some configurations have had more artistic/commercial success than others, but all ARE Fleetwood Mac.

With Christine gone, Fleetwood Mac were still able to make a credible album and draw large crowds to their shows. It was still a working band. But it became clear that, aside from her distinctly beautiful voice, piano chops, and her ability write some of their signature songs, another critical role she had was being the band's ballast on an artistic and emotional level, neutralizing the toxicity between Lindsey and Stevie.

Peter Green's departure was big deal! It was a shattering blow to the band and their fans. Some fans may still feel that they ceased being Fleetwood Mac when he left. Some say the same when Christine left. Their namesake is Mick and John. No matter who else is in the band, as long as Mick and John are there, they ARE Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-26-2015 at 03:22 AM..
Old 08-26-2015, 04:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Lindsey was/is in Fleetwood Mac, Stevie was/is in Fleetwood Mac. Peter Green was in Fleetwood Mac. Bob Welch was in Fleetwood Mac. Billy Burnette was in Fleetwood Mac.

Mick, John, and Christine ARE Fleetwood Mac. That's why it simply didn't work when Christine wasn't there during the shows in '94-'95 or any time after '98. The void left by Peter Green's departure was minuscule compared to that of Christine's. Even with Stevie and Lindsey there, it felt incomplete. Christine's absence was not something they were able to overcome.
yeah, but without Stevie and Lindsey, they were lucky to play clubs... with SN/LB they were still a highly grossing tour act
Old 08-26-2015, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
yeah, but without Stevie and Lindsey, they were lucky to play clubs... with SN/LB they were still a highly grossing tour act
Agreed. I don't mean to put anyone else in the band down, because they've all contributed to its success, but you can't argue that they were at their most successful with Lindsey and Stevie in the band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
With Christine gone, Fleetwood Mac were still able to make a credible album and draw large crowds to their shows. It was still a working band. But it became clear that, aside from her distinctly beautiful voice, piano chops, and her ability write some of their signature songs, another critical role she had was being the band's ballast on an artistic and emotional level, neutralizing the toxicity between Lindsey and Stevie.
I wonder how true this really is.They might say it, but it looked like they were getting long better during the 2013 tour than this one. And Stevie still hasn't signed onto an album, even though her previous excuse was not wanting to do another one unless Christine came back. Well, here she is...
Old 08-26-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
And without FMac, Buckingham Nicks would be lucky to be waiting tables at the Roxy.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They were opening for bands like Jefferson Starship and Deep Purple. When they headlined "clubs," they were places like Fillmore East and Fillmore West, and often set records at those venues. They could have easily been viable without Stevie and Lindsey. If they had gotten Mick Taylor (who just left the Rolling Stones) and/or Gary Moore (of Thin Lizzy and who owned Peter Green's Les Paul), they would have been fine. Probably not the same level, but still respectable.

The same can't be said of Buckingham Nicks.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-26-2015, 12:38 PM

I find inappropriate to compare the careers of Buckingham-Nicks and previous Fleetwood Mac since the firsts entered the band still in their prime therefore didn't have the time to see if they could make it alone in the end, and every scenario is totally presupposed.

However I wouldn't say Stevie and Lindsey were to fail so sure since they did get to be opening act for Jefferson Airpane but also Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix.
Also when they joined Fleetwood Mac Buckingham Nicks was beginning to do better in the country areas and they're farewell concerts in Alabama were well attended.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I find inappropriate to compare the careers of Buckingham-Nicks and previous Fleetwood Mac since the firsts entered the band still in their prime therefore didn't have the time to see if they could make it alone in the end, and every scenario is totally presupposed.

However I wouldn't say Stevie and Lindsey were to fail so sure since they did get to be opening act for Jefferson Airpane but also Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix.
Also when they joined Fleetwood Mac Buckingham Nicks was beginning to do better in the country areas and they're farewell concerts in Alabama were well attended.
yeah probably not a fair comparison. some other things to consider:

Fritz and not BN was opening act, and the way they describe it they were first in long line of opening acts before the main band, so probably next to nobody in the audience cared much who they were and if they were there at all - but it was a good stage experience for them, as Mick noted later when they first got on stage with FM.

one way of comparison would be to speculate what would be BN draw today when they are more/less well known, although FM being much larger draw with Christine in 2014/15 vs with BN fronting it in 2013 can give some idea. FM name is without any doubt much bigger than any of them individually or in different combinations of members who would not be under the name FM.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-26-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah probably not a fair comparison. some other things to consider:

Fritz and not BN was opening act, and the way they describe it they were first in long line of opening acts before the main band, so probably next to nobody in the audience cared much who they were and if they were there at all - but it was a good stage experience for them, as Mick noted later when they first got on stage with FM.

one way of comparison would be to speculate what would be BN draw today when they are more/less well known, although FM being much larger draw with Christine in 2014/15 vs with BN fronting it in 2013 can give some idea. FM name is without any doubt much bigger than any of them individually or in different combinations of members who would not be under the name FM.
I know, in fact I haven't said that Buckingham Nicks were opening but I phrased wrong.
However I mean Fritz with Stevie and Lindsey were the interesting formation, the same band hadn't received more attention before nor after the Buckingham Nicks duo.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For what it's worth CTI has SN listed as costing 150k-300k for a show and LB 40k-75k.

No number for FM.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
For what it's worth CTI has SN listed as costing 150k-300k for a show and LB 40k-75k.

No number for FM.
I can see SN getting that, but not LB. We saw him in Nashville, and they didn't even open the balcony, because not enough tickets sold. Capacity was 2000, and I'd guess there were maybe 1000 people there. Maybe not that many...
Old 08-26-2015, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was thinking .Now since they all are now the retirement age.They dont need their USA /UK social security checks since they are still working.

The money can be donated to their favorite charity.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016