Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mac salary split?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
John drove a Volkswagen Bug / Beetle when they came back on the market in the 1990's he bought the first year of the second generation bug.
You know, a few (former) Ledge friends and I had a pool party this past weekend, and we were discussing the members, and who "had what". We only checked "Celebrity Net Worth" online, but the results (of that site) were a little amazing. It stated:
Stevie - 75 Mil(not surprising)
Lindsey - 45 Mil(kind of expected, given Stevie's)
Christine - 65!!! Mil (shocking, given that she was gone for 18 years, I guess it's the royalties from the hits???/selling her catalog back when?)
Mick - 12 Mil(hahahahahaha, no one has EVER run thru money faster than Mick, in the history of the world).

Ahem....but John, hmm, wouldn't he have CLOSE to what Mick does, since they most likely made close to the same percentage? Well, no. Mick made more, since he WAS management!!!

John McVie - 50 Mil!!!!

See what riding back to the hotel after the show, with the crew, will do for your bank acct? John is my hero, and heroes are hard to find!!!!

(again, all these numbers are based upon celebritynetworth.com, and I'm only going by those figures)
Old 08-19-2015, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You know, a few (former) Ledge friends and I had a pool party this past weekend, and we were discussing the members, and who "had what". We only checked "Celebrity Net Worth" online, but the results (of that site) were a little amazing. It stated:
Christine - 65!!! Mil (shocking, given that she was gone for 18 years, I guess it's the royalties from the hits???/selling her catalog back when?)
Mick - 12 Mil(hahahahahaha, no one has EVER run thru money faster than Mick, in the history of the world).

Ahem....but John, hmm, wouldn't he have CLOSE to what Mick does, since they most likely made close to the same percentage? Well, no. Mick made more, since he WAS management!!!

John McVie - 50 Mil!!!!

See what riding back to the hotel after the show, with the crew, will do for your bank acct? John is my hero, and heroes are hard to find!!!!

(again, all these numbers are based upon celebritynetworth.com, and I'm only going by those figures)
Take that info with a huge chunk salt. That site (or similar site) said that Robert Pollard was worth $20 million, but he's not worth a fraction of that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-19-2015, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

John McVie - 50 Mil!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I remember an article back during that time where Mick was talking about buying 2 of those New Beetles- 1 for him, 1 for Lynn.

$50 Million definitely seems aggressive for John. However, he is far and away the most frugal member of the band. He dresses simply, doesn't live in multimillion dollar homes, and seemingly the only expensive hobby he has are his boats. Even those seem extremely modest by rock star standards. He's a known conservative, too... I bet he's been smarter than the rest of the band about investing wisely from the beginning.

Yes, Mick was the manager for the band during it's heyday. However, Mick blew that money 30 years ago. Still, I have my doubts John is worth more than Lindsey. That's simply because Lindsey gets so much larger of a cut of touring revenue than John does. Despite Lindsey's lavish lifestyle, he still has to be coming out ahead of John.
I'm not sure that Christine, Stevie, and Lindsey make more on tour than Mick and John. Lindsey's lifestyle is significantly more extravagant, and he has more mouths to feed. And, Lindsey has also funded several solo tours over the years, which can't be cheap. So, I don't doubt John has more money.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-19-2015, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'm not sure that Christine, Stevie, and Lindsey make more on tour than Mick and John. Lindsey's lifestyle is significantly more extravagant, and he has more mouths to feed. And, Lindsey has also funded several solo tours over the years, which can't be cheap. So, I don't doubt John has more money.
I remember reading - pre Christine return- that the previous tours were split:
SN - 40%
LB - 30%
MF and JM - 15% each

I'd love to know how the pie is split now, but have no idea. I seriously doubt that it's 5-20%s! I don't think Stevie's ego or management would ever go for that. Or Lindsey's ego either, for that matter.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
SN - 40%
LB - 30%
MF and JM - 15% each

I'd love to know how the pie is split now, but have no idea. I seriously doubt that it's 5-20%s! I don't think Stevie's ego or management would ever go for that. Or Lindsey's ego either, for that matter.
Wow, what is the source for such information. I would be shocked that the founding members of Fleetwood Mac would get half as much money as the guitarist and singer and far less than a singer.
I just found that insane to believe. Stevie Nicks management would want 40% of income from the band's tour? That is so crazy.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure where that percentages split originated. I though it was a number somebody pulled out of thin air.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-19-2015, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'm not sure where that percentages split originated. I though it was a number somebody pulled out of thin air.
Yeah, someone posted it here and I think people thought the poster had inside information or something, but it wasn't like it came from an official source. I mean it wasn't Billboard or Deadline or something.

Michele
Old 08-19-2015, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SN - 40%
LB - 30%
MF and JM - 15% each

Quote:

John McVie - 50 Mil!!!!

Thats interesting stuff David.I'm shocked myself to see the creators of the Mac are only making 15% a piece.I wonder what the percentage with Christine would be at. I'm shock what Christine is at 65 Mil.She must have some good investments like real estate to make almost as much as Stevie has.

Back on track.

Speaking about VW's.I can see the Mac driving around in a VW camper or bus.I always like those.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-20-2015, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thats interesting stuff David.I'm shocked myself to see the creators of the Mac are only making 15% a piece.I wonder what the percentage with Christine would be at. I'm shock what Christine is at 65 Mil.She must have some good investments like real estate to make almost as much as Stevie has.

Back on track.

Speaking about VW's.I can see the Mac driving around in a VW camper or bus.I always like those.
Come on, BEFORE Christine's return, how would FM have fared in ticket sales, sans Stevie? She held the cards. She knew it, and her management knew it.

Now that Chris has been (considerably) welcomed back , I think her(SN) value has been diminished, in the grand scheme of things. Second Hand Mews.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Come on, BEFORE Christine's return, how would FM have fared in ticket sales, sans Stevie? She held the cards. She knew it, and her management knew it.

Now that Chris has been (considerably) welcomed back , I think her(SN) value has been diminished, in the grand scheme of things. Second Hand Mews.
Second Hand Mooooo's
Old 08-22-2015, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

How have the shows been selling for this tour since Christine is back? What percentage of the ticket purchasers do you think bought tickets just because Christine came back? Have there been a lot of sell outs? I've seen a lot of lists that have Fleetwood Mac in the top 5 money makers for concerts this year.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
How have the shows been selling for this tour since Christine is back? What percentage of the ticket purchasers do you think bought tickets just because Christine came back? Have there been a lot of sell outs? I've seen a lot of lists that have Fleetwood Mac in the top 5 money makers for concerts this year.
I haven't seen anyone post what they even THINK the pie cuts might be, now.

I tell you this, I would've NEVER paid $350 for a ticket, unless Christine came back. And I did. And I'll do it again.

Christine McVie IS the heart and soul of Fleetwood Mac. That is all.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I haven't seen anyone post what they even THINK the pie cuts might be, now.
25%
25%
25%
12.5%
12.5%

...would be fair
...but I'd guess it's closer to...

30%
25%
25%
10%
10%
Old 08-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I tell you this, I would've NEVER paid $350 for a ticket, unless Christine came back. And I did. And I'll do it again.

Christine McVie IS the heart and soul of Fleetwood Mac. That is all.
I paid loads for my tickets last time- well over the odds.
If there were a show sans-Stevie I'd probably be willing to pay the same, maybe even more.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
25%
25%
25%
12.5%
12.5%

...would be fair
...but I'd guess it's closer to...

30%
25%
25%
10%
10%
I'm assuming that represents Stevie, Lindsey, Chris, Mick and John in that order.

I have to wonder though if Chris at this juncture would get the same as Lindsey. Not saying he personally would make a stink about it but managers, etc. are the ones who handle that stuff. Sadly I would not be surprised if she was NOT brought in on par with either of the other writers what with the "I/we kept the band going and kept it viable and did all this work and touring without you so you now have a successful band to return to". But who knows. Not sure how I think it'd split out.

I would hope that EVERYONE in the band would give up a little bit to make up Chris' share, but I can see Stevie's people fighting that tooth and nail. I agree the should make all 3 writers 25% and keep both Mick and John at their 12.5%. But again, I doubt Stevie thinks the others are equal to her.