Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Will Stevie duet with Adele?

Apparently, we can expect Adele's new album out sometime in November and there have been a few people who have said they'd love an Adele and Stevie collab. So, seeing as Adele obviously loves her, hence the photo from the O2, do you think they will cut a song for the new album?

Stevie has had some time off now since the European leg of the tour and maybe she has been busy but who knows? Any thoughts?
Old 08-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Apparently, we can expect Adele's new album out sometime in November and there have been a few people who have said they'd love an Adele and Stevie collab. So, seeing as Adele obviously loves her, hence the photo from the O2, do you think they will cut a song for the new album?

Stevie has had some time off now since the European leg of the tour and maybe she has been busy but who knows? Any thoughts?
I doubt it.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to see that happen.Adele is one of very few current young artists on my fave lists.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-27-2015, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Page 6, October 27, 2015

http://pagesix.com/2015/10/27/adele-...-stevie-nicks/

Adele sobbed when she met Stevie Nicks By Bryan Hood

Adele may be one of the world’s biggest pop stars but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t get starstruck.

The “Hello” singer, 27, described meeting Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks for the first time in a recent interview with iD magazine.

“I was sobbing all over her, oh my God,” she said. “I don’t really like crying in front of famous people because it’s awkward and it can make them feel really uncomfortable. But I couldn’t contain myself.”

It’s moments like these that are increasingly rare now, something the singer wishes she realized when she was younger and just setting off on her career.

“Those were the most real and best moments of my life and I wish I’d known that I wasn’t going to be able to sit in the park and drink a bottle of cider again,” she told the magazine.

But it’s not fame that stops her from doing so; it’s adulthood, something the mother of one is now firmly ensconced in.

“I think the album is about trying to clear out the past,” she said. “Becoming a parent and moving past my mid-twenties, I simply don’t have the capacity to worry about as many things that I used to really enjoy worrying about.”

She may not even be 30 yet, but growing up has forced her to reprioritize what she cares about.

“Oh yeah, I used to f—–g love the drama of all of it,” she told the magazine, “but now I’m a mum I only have so much head space. I’ve got to clear a lot of stuff the f–k out, which is really therapeutic, ’cause I can really hold a grudge. Life is so much easier when you don’t hoard your past.”

“25” is due out on Nov. 20.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Though I acknowledge and respect Adele's talent, I haven't paid much attention to her or her music. I find it quite heart-warming that a younger demographic, including famous artists like Adele, are so drawn to Stevie. She's not everyone's taste, but she had made a huge impact on those who are.

In those juxtaposition images of Adele and Stevie, one might pick Stevie as the younger one despite being about 40 years older.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Though I acknowledge and respect Adele's talent, I haven't paid much attention to her or her music. I find it quite heart-warming that a younger demographic, including famous artists like Adele, are so drawn to Stevie. She's not everyone's taste, but she had made a huge impact on those who are.

In those juxtaposition images of Adele and Stevie, one might pick Stevie as the younger one despite being about 40 years older.
Have to disagree here, Adele has a fabulous voice and looks fabulous. (and well under forty!!!). A trip to the optician maybe....

She has a BBC TV Special coming up sometime in November....should be very good.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I"m also a big Adele fan (though of course not as big of a fan as I am of Stevie). This post made me realize that she is the only person that I listen to that is significantly younger than I am. In any case, just to get back to the point of this thread, I highly doubt that Stevie is on the new CD just because of the simple fact that if she were, someone would know about it and would have posted here. NOTHING gets by the tentacles of the Ledgies

Kevin
Old 10-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Page 6, October 27, 2015

She may not even be 30 yet, but growing up has forced her to reprioritize what she cares about.

“Oh yeah, I used to f—–g love the drama of all of it,” she told the magazine, “but now I’m a mum I only have so much head space. I’ve got to clear a lot of stuff the f–k out, which is really therapeutic, ’cause I can really hold a grudge. Life is so much easier when you don’t hoard your past.”

“25” is due out on Nov. 20.
If you listen closely to the words in Hello, one can see that she clearly has NOT gotten "over it" (whatever that it may be).

Regarding Stevie, I would love to see her do something with Adele, BUT it sees to me their genres are so different. I'd rather see another Henley/Tench/Petty collaboration since that seems to be her bailiwick.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Have to disagree here, Adele has a fabulous voice and looks fabulous. (and well under forty!!!). A trip to the optician maybe....

She has a BBC TV Special coming up sometime in November....should be very good.
Undoubtedly Adele is an super-talented singer. She also has an appealing personality. For some reason, I think she looks older that she is, perhaps because she has an old soul.

There is obvious amazing talent in many singers/bands. But there is some sort of ethereal chemistry that gravitates an individual to the particular artist. I don't have that with Adele now. But there is always the chance in the future where I might suddenly become so engaged with her that I will feel to the need to catch up and buy all of her music, and learn all about her.

About a year ago, that happened with the The Pretenders. I have had their greatest hits CD for decades, and thought that was all I needed. But when I saw a TV performance of her promoting her first solo album, it ignited a fire. All of sudden I questioned why I never got any deeper.

I have since been on a rampage, learning every facet of of The Pretenders, getting intimately acquainted with their history, buying all of their albums and reissues with dozens of live performances, early takes, and bonus tracks. It is a late awakening of discovering this world of great music. Chrissy Hynde/The Pretenders now ranks high on my list of favorite bands, yet so many years later! Better late than never.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-28-2015 at 10:29 PM..
Old 10-29-2015, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Undoubtedly Adele is an super-talented singer. She also has an appealing personality. For some reason, I think she looks older that she is, perhaps because she has an old soul.

There is obvious amazing talent in many singers/bands. But there is some sort of ethereal chemistry that gravitates an individual to the particular artist. I don't have that with Adele now. But there is always the chance in the future where I might suddenly become so engaged with her that I will feel to the need to catch up and buy all of her music, and learn all about her.

About a year ago, that happened with the The Pretenders. I have had their greatest hits CD for decades, and thought that was all I needed. But when I saw a TV performance of her promoting her first solo album, it ignited a fire. All of sudden I questioned why I never got any deeper.

I have since been on a rampage, learning every facet of of The Pretenders, getting intimately acquainted with their history, buying all of their albums and reissues with dozens of live performances, early takes, and bonus tracks. It is a late awakening of discovering this world of great music. Chrissy Hynde/The Pretenders now ranks high on my list of favorite bands, yet so many years later! Better late than never.

Thanks for a deep and many faceted reply, and of course you are right....
Music is very personal, Adele's songs are very moving for me....

I might add I am 66 years old and have been happily married for 45 of those....so not much angst lately....but she just hits a chord.....As does Stevie...
Getting back to the thread...
Will she and Stevie ever duet live ?
I would love that but can't see it happening..
Old 10-30-2015, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
X2, unless Stevie is still pining away for Lindsey like Adele is for her X....

I listened to Adele's song "Hello" and all I hear is Lionel Ritchie...................Hello, is it me you're looking for?? (do0es Lionel get to sue her like Pharrel/Robin Thicke??)
Old 10-31-2015, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for a deep and many faceted reply, and of course you are right....
Music is very personal, Adele's songs are very moving for me....

I might add I am 66 years old and have been happily married for 45 of those....so not much angst lately....but she just hits a chord.....As does Stevie...
Surely the sparks would fly between the two of them. It would probably stand out as one of Stevie's best duets.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Surely the sparks would fly between the two of them. It would probably stand out as one of Stevie's best duets.
Would be hard to beat the WICYF vocal.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
X2, unless Stevie is still pining away for Lindsey like Adele is for her X....

I listened to Adele's song "Hello" and all I hear is Lionel Ritchie...................Hello, is it me you're looking for?? (do0es Lionel get to sue her like Pharrel/Robin Thicke??)
I don't here any of Lionel Richie's "Hello" in Adele's except the word "Hello". Some people try to find stuff that isn't there.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
If you listen closely to the words in Hello, one can see that she clearly has NOT gotten "over it" (whatever that it may be).

Regarding Stevie, I would love to see her do something with Adele, BUT it sees to me their genres are so different. I'd rather see another Henley/Tench/Petty collaboration since that seems to be her bailiwick.
She says it's about her friends and people in her life she hasn't seen or talked to in years due to her schedule and career. She said it's her way of saying she's sorry to them.