Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
Stevie in red is the most beautiful thing ever
even if it's just her red shawl
That would have been a perfect shade for young Stevie!
Also this outfit and make-up (my favourite!) come close:

For the now mature Stevie, the red shade of the Soft Deep Autumn is something like this:
Old 09-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, I just want to say I love these posts! I'm definitely going to return to this and try to figure out my colors!

When I read your first post, I was thinking I would have guessed her colors were Autumn, not Spring, based on what I've seen of her many looks over the years... Specifically I'm referring to her look around the time of the Tusk tour, which IMHO was her best, color wise. A lot of reds/oranges and warm pinks, as well as the dark lip colors you're talking about.
Example:

And imagine with her natural, browner hair color... Mmm!

I thought your conclusion was a little skewed based on her blonde hair, which I do not think is the best color for her. Actually, for that matter, I don't think black clothing is either! It doesn't look awful, but... She never looks awful!

As for how she looks now... I wish we saw the entirety of the Italian Summer video... Her dress in the clips is just right, IMHO! Couldn't find a decent picture to make my point.

I like how in-depth you go with your analysis, especially with pointing out the floating eyes/lips issues with photos... Very helpful!

Last edited by lilyfee; 09-03-2015 at 01:20 PM..
Old 09-03-2015, 05:41 PM

Thank you! I was thinking about doing another post about mature Stevie being Deep Soft Autumn.
Yeah, at first even if I understood well theory it was difficult to apply it, it takes a lot of experiments at looking at various photos and colors to effectively grasp the slight but strong differences different shades can have on people.
If you're talking about this dress yes, it could be very right especially because of the satin material:

My "masters" explained that satin thanks to its opaque light gives a soft impression to the eye.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:27 AM

Mature Stevie as a Deep Soft Autumn

Usually in the new 16 seasons color system Soft Autumn is replaced by the two seasons “Light Soft Autumn” and “Deep Soft Autumn”, and instead of the Soft Summer now we find the “Light Soft Summer” and the “Deep Soft Summer”. These seasons seems to have been split in two, and the lighter and gentler tones has remained to the Light half while the darker and more velvety shades have gone to the Deep half. Now I understand that this is a misinterpretation because even if the Soft Light Autumn and Soft Deep Autumn just like all the confining seasons share many colors because they have similar value, chroma and contrast, in reality the Light Soft Autumn is none other than the classic Soft Autumn, while the Deep Soft Autumn is a newborn season produced by the softening of the Deep Autumn.

With the 12 seasons system, the fairest and with the lowest contrast among the autumns were the Soft Autumns, however some of them mysteriously could handle more depth and intensity than others. Both are neutral-warm, with low contrast between their natural colors and a visible softness that made them look like bathed in honey gold light, just like Gisele Bundchen and Angelina Jolie (click to enlarge):
But when you look at more images you see that Angelina can sustain looks that totally overcome Gisele. They may not be her best colors but she’s believable, when Gisele looks all red lips, clownish (click to enlarge):
There are also autumn women that visibly are unmistakingly deep, but the Deep Autumn colors are actually too much for them, see Jenna Coleman at the center with a Deep Autumn make-up and on the right wearing softer but still deep colors:
For all these women has been created the Deep Soft Autumn, that retains the depth of the Deep Autumn but loses the vividness of it; it’s soft but still rich and can go much deeper than the classic Soft Autumn (click to enlarge):

Stevie with age has become a Deep Soft Autumn. She’s lost the capacity to wear her darkest and most vivid shades, especially black, at least on her face. Black on her isn’t bad like on a regular Soft Autumn but as a Deep Soft Autumn her signature dark color would be a deep charcoal.
Now that she softened and lightened, blonde is less harsh on her but some the lighter tones are too bright or even cool. They totally disconnects with her face and are lighter than her skin making her contours less defined, taking centre place instead of her face and even making her skin lose color. Deep Soft Autumns’ best hair colors can go from dark honey blonde to brown-black, she not only could look good with darker hair but could actually look younger as an inappropriate color usually brings out the unhealthy shades and lines on a person’s skin:

If you look at her make-up nowadays you can see that she wears quite appropriate colors for her, even if just a bit too tamed; in fact I suspect that her makeup artist has some armocromatic knowledge but doesn’t use the new system with 16 seasons. The colors are all warmish brownish tones: mocha and taupe smoky eyes, brown caramel or peachy antique rose lips and warm pinks on her cheeks. They are all typical Soft Autumns colors and they all sit very well on her skin even if she could dare more with her lips. Even for Light Soft Autumns some of those are everyday lipsticks; however surely it’s because her personal taste leans more towards the neutral tones.
Here are some lipstick of her choice, including a more daring bronze and dusty deep red: those two, the first with the blending brown sunglasses and the second with a slightly softer and darker blonde are the closest she gets to her seasonal colors:

Here I made a scheme in which I extracted the colors of her lipsticks she wears on each photo I used for this post. The last color down on the right is a very Deep Soft Autumn red: