Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's So Unusual View Post
I don't usually care for saxophones in rock songs, but it works so well on Nothing Ever Changes. I LOVE this song, it should have been a single instead of Nightbird. The sax on Two Kinds of Love didn't have the same effect. Then again, the song is such an insipid mess that nothing could save it.
The sax in Nothing Ever Changes is completely different than Two Kinds of Love. Kenny G is way too whimsicle for rock or even pop. Stevie wanted to work with Kenny G because when she heard Songbird while on tour with the Mac in 1987. She said she was captivated and promised herself to include Kenny on her next solo album. Kenny is talented but not sure he really belonged there. I did not care for 2 kinds of love at first. But that song has captivated me ever since. Stevie does not write many love songs but that is one from the heart.
Having said that.... its not a live song. She did it the entire TOSOTM tour. She should have kept Juliet or played Oooh My love instead.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
NEC has always been a favorite of mine as well. Her vocals soar on the track. I had this video montage made a couple of years ago so I could play it at NOTS.

VIDEO: https://vimeo.com/68098744
Wow great job. Now only if we could rewind time, convince Modern to release it as a single and get your video on MTV.....the world would be a better place
Old 08-25-2015, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I always wished she'd saved this track for a Mac album. I love it and it sounds very good on The Wild Heart. But think of what a killer band like the Mac could have done with it.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is my favorite Stevie solo song of all time with the exception of Edge of 17 and maybe Mable Normand. It just kicks ass the whole way thru with the perfect vocal delivery. I love the way Sh stretches out every word in the first line of the song, the "just one Thing Thatt IIIIII LIIIKE TOOO SAAAY.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-30-2015, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The sax in Nothing Ever Changes is completely different than Two Kinds of Love. Kenny G is way too whimsicle for rock or even pop.
Yeah, sax for the TOSOTM songs was a mistake. Stevie's music turned into soft jazz. Destiny from Street Angel had the same problem.

But sax worked great in Nothing Ever Changes, Talk to Me, Whole Lotta Trouble, and Thousand Days.