Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
I thought you weren't going to post anymore
Looks like you we're wrong. There's a sucker born every minute.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ®
Looks like you we're wrong. There's a sucker born every minute.
Ah - so you lied - well guess you are a Republican afterall
Old 01-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lmao!!

Quote:
Damn this place is like a soap opera.
Um, hello, it's a FLEETWOOD MAC board.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Look at the thread and its content. You’ll see the pecking order. It will also show you a few threads that have been hijacked with useless gay banter that’s useless.

That’s what I get tired of seeing. The members jumping around thread after thread talking the gay crap I don’t care to see. JMO Let me have my opinion.
I'm just as guilty as anyone (often times moreso), for "hijacking" threads with "gay banter," and my knee-jerk reaction would be to apologize. But why should I be sorry for not being straight?

We're expected to not be put-off by the discussions of husbands, wives, children, etc., that straight people post. We're also expected to not be offended or put off by straight people flirting with each other or discussing their dating and sex lives.
But we should worry if someone may be offended by OUR discussions?

I think EVERYONE should try to be mindful and respectful of other people's sensibilities and differing opinions, and things certainly get a little out of control here sometimes... but when I look around, sexually-themed banter and behaviour is certainly not exclusive to the gays on this board. And it's not exclusive to gays in "real time" either.

The man and woman standing in front of me in the line at Subway last week, sure didn't seem concerned with whether or not they were offending me, as they French-kissed, pecked each other's cheeks, rubbed each other's backs, held each other's hands, and as she frequently squeezed his right buttock.
Apparently they just assumed that I, and everyone behind me, would be fine with it because they were a straight couple, and therefore couldn't possibly be offending anyone.

I can imagine the fuss if they had been two males though.

I can understand if you find some of the more graphic discussions to be unpleasant (truth be known, some of the topics of conversation have been off-putting to me too), but to single out those of us who engage in "gay banter," rather than expressing a displeasure with sexually-themed banter of ANY kind, implies a double-standard.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I posted his opinion because I agree with the views he has on the way some gays act. They go overboard with feeling the need to make sure everyone knows they’re gay.
People (including myself) are proud to be gay. There's nothing wrong with it. Society for the last century or two has severely forced gays to deny who they are, live their life as a lie or hide somewhere in shame. I wonder if you can possibly know what it might feel like to have to live in fear for your life just because of who you are. It's not a nice thing.

So, now in this day and age when the world is slowly opening up its eyes and gaining a little wisdom, why not let the fags celebrate who they are instead of having to repress and restrain for a change.

Quote:
It will also show you a few threads that have been hijacked with useless gay banter that’s useless.

That’s what I get tired of seeing. The members jumping around thread after thread talking the gay crap I don’t care to see. JMO Let me have my opinion.
Then don't f*cking read the ****. The whole fricking world is overloaded with straight imagery. As a straight male, you have the world at your feet. Yeah, I get tired of almost every single facet of society being tinged with heterosexuality, so I ignore it. I'm sure you can ignore the things you don't like as well.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I'm going to be a health care provider. I see naked penis everyday. It doesn't bother me. I am too sensitive, though....which I don't care to state. I told you that you could keep it up. I just didn't think it had a place, jumping around all over the screen.

AND

If a dancing Santa penis doesn't have a homoerotic theme, then I dunno what does.

I guess this is also directed at me. Yet again, you can block me. I have started few (I can think of 3) threads that have had homosexual content to begin with. However, I do join in the conversations when they arise. I have no problem talking about "straight" issues......but I guess that is easier for me because I am gay.
No Curtis. Actually I like you. I like quite a few of you. I really admire the way Stew handles his posting. Sure you all like to have your fun in certain threads and I want to know you’re having fun. However I don’t have to read it and when the gay banter spills over into threads where it really shouldn’t it can get old. I’m thinking about the new members and some of the underage people that view these threads too. We should also keep in mind new members coming to this board that are potential supporters of this site.

I’m surprised it isn’t moderated a little better. I’ve expected to get warnings for some of the things I posted but never did. We can all have our fun but I’m surprised a few members never seem to get tired of it. Nothing better to do then chase each other on the board. Day after day all day long. It gets old. I’m sure a few agree but haven’t stepped in to state it because of the pecking they know they’ll receive.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Trust me dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
The man and woman standing in front of me in the line at Subway last week, sure didn't seem concerned with whether or not they were offending me, as they French-kissed, pecked each other's cheeks, rubbed each other's backs, held each other's hands, and as she frequently squeezed his right buttock.
Apparently they just assumed that I, and everyone behind me, would be fine with it because they were a straight couple, and therefore couldn't possibly be offending anyone.
when a male/female are together less than few years they do that stupid **** (Deb never liked that kinda public displays, neither do I...I wouldve told ask 'em "Ya forgot to order some ice and a hotel room with your order"!!!!) but give 'em a few years and ya wont be seeing 'em standing besides each other without the look of "OMG, I am still stuck in a relationship with THAT??? Please calgon take me away"

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Ew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
The man and woman standing in front of me in the line at Subway last week, sure didn't seem concerned with whether or not they were offending me, as they French-kissed...and as she frequently squeezed his right buttock.
I don't care WHO you are, that's gross. Have some class, people. Sheesh.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m surprised it isn’t moderated a little better. I’ve expected to get warnings for some of the things I posted but never did. We can all have our fun but I’m surprised a few members never seem to get tired of it. Nothing better to do then chase each other on the board. Day after day all day long. It gets old. I’m sure a few agree but haven’t stepped in to state it because of the pecking they know they’ll receive.
Maybe I'm just not on here enough or I'm not paying attention, but I really didn't think all the over-the-top flirting and all went on day after day all day long. Also, I don't see how you can blame others for it when you have posted explicit material as well. But I'm not criticizing you for doing that or anything. I'm just saying.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Maybe I'm just not on here enough or I'm not paying attention, but I really didn't think all the over-the-top flirting and all went on day after day all day long. Also, I don't see how you can blame others for it when you have posted explicit material as well. But I'm not criticizing you for doing that or anything. I'm just saying.
I find it puzzling and disingenuous for someone to complain about the tone they helped to create. I don't dislike ½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ® at all, but I also don't understand the beef he has with the very behavior he took part in. Maybe it's the gay banter that did it, I don't know. But it can't be any more offensive or crude than talking about Stevie's ass hairs or her urine-soaked panties, IMO. Surely those kind of comments are just as unwelcome in threads as the gay banter is.

Old 01-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I find it puzzling and disingenuous for someone to complain about the tone they helped to create. I don't dislike ½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ® at all, but I also don't understand the beef he has with the very behavior he took part in. Maybe it's the gay banter that did it, I don't know. But it can't be any more offensive or crude than talking about Stevie's ass hairs or her urine-soaked panties, IMO. Surely those kind of comments are just as unwelcome in threads as the gay banter is.
Of course, the gay banter is more offensive than 1/2 Insane talking about Stevie's ass hairs- after all, there's nothing offensive about any kind of back and forth when it involves a man and a woman. All that stuff is normal fer chrissakes!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Well gee Dissy. I remember you jumped all over me about the urine thing. Your post was deleted out of that thread and my response to your tone was too. But what little I had to say about the urine thing still remains. I wonder why. Did you jump on me in a way a mod thought was unacceptable. Seems that way doesn’t it, dear?

I didn’t talk about that ass hair day after day after day.

Oh, snap
Old 01-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well gee Dissy. I remember you jumped all over me about the urine thing. Your post was deleted out of that thread and my response to your tone was too. But what little I had to say about the urine thing still remains. I wonder why. Did you jump on me in a way a mod thought was unacceptable. Seems that way doesn’t it, dear?
I wouldn't know, I don't believe I ever checked back into that thread. I was joking in my response, but that must not have come through, obviously. And it must be why you put me on ignore, dear.

Quote:
I didn’t talk about that ass hair day after day after day.
That's not really the point, though, is it? Point is, it's disingenuous to lecture others about the discourse when you contributed to it.

Quote:
Oh, snap

Old 01-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oops I’m wrong. The urine post are still their. My bad

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...7&page=2&pp=15
Old 01-18-2005, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oops I’m wrong. The urine post are still their. My bad

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...7&page=2&pp=15

Sorry you feel that way, though. I meant no illwill with my comment, it was meant in a jovial fashion. But if you were offended, my apologies.