The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:02 PM

I don't have a problem with them singing Lindsey songs. As long as they don't break out into Wrong or something.

This was better. It still seems a bit dull as a whole. Mike looks like a dead man holding a guitar. He looks bored to death. I won't compare Billy and Rick because they had so much energy and I enjoyed their shows to death. (but they were much younger)

I thought Christine sounded fine. She actually played Don't Stop!! She can play the keyboards??!! She still goes for most of her notes. And I thought $tevie had much better intonation this time around. Quite nasal as usual on GDW. I didn't hate it, though.

Wow, Mick and John sounded phenomenal. Mick is drumming as good as I've ever seen him. He sort of saved SHN from the sloppy mess that it was. I thought $tevie's voice saved SHN a bit too. They should drop that song and do Silver Heals from Heroes.

No matter who the lead guitarist is. THIS BAND NEEDS NEW MUSIC MORE THAN ANY BAND I'VE EVER CARED ABOUT. This set is so tired, I could barely stay curious.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-22-2018 at 10:05 PM..
Old 09-23-2018, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I tend to agree that Second Hand News wasn't the best choice for such a short set. "Oh Well" would have been a much better choice. That being said, I thought Neil and Stevie did just fine with the vocal on that song. And I wonder if they chose Second Hand News as kind of lyrical wink ...

"One thing I think you should know
I ain't gonna miss you when you go
Been down so long
I've been tossed around enough."
Hi Mick! We know it's you.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OF COURSE it sounds fine, but there is ZERO chemistry. They should be ashamed.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree that Mick's drumming is amazing. Maybe we are noticing it so much because of a lack of things elsewhere.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 09-23-2018, 09:08 AM
Ledgie

A few thoughts:
1. Much better than Ellen - THIS should have been the first appearance of the new line up, rather than tv chat show.
2. Despite everything that has happened, it's always a thrill to see them come on stage.
3. The Chain -ok except for John's bass solo is too low. Say what you will about Mick, he really puts his heart into his drumming.
Little Lies - I liked this .Ok, Chris's voice is shot, but I prefer to hear it as it is rather than have her synching.Liked Mike's guitar variation on the outro to this song.
SHN -thought they would never play this again! I love this song - it's just going to take a while to get used to Neil's voice.
Gold Dust Woman - I thought this should have been out of the set ages ago and I still feel the same. Tedious. Cat walk is embarrassing.
Don't Stop - I guess they HAVE to play this, although I would gladly live without ever hearing it again. At least Chris WAS playing here!

Definitely looking forward to the opening shows.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a satisfied customer:

https://news.iheart.com/featured/ihe...2fahl.facebook
Old 09-23-2018, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
That is only a Stevie article, nothing mentioned about any other band member. Almost embarrassingly absent of any comment of anyone else.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The way the Stevie worshippers like it.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
The way the Stevie worshippers like it.
You called that one correct!
Old 09-23-2018, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
That is only a Stevie article, nothing mentioned about any other band member. Almost embarrassingly absent of any comment of anyone else.
wow - in case anyone was still wondering what Lindsey ouster was about? you know, like for example during Lindsey-tenure you wouldn't have only SN for extended periods on every video screen during everyone else's songs. you just have to read this and laugh. interestingly, iheart and their affiliate tweets were the only ones about FM as they were playing. nobody else in that arena even knew who they were. and most people were not even there yet. and now we have this article from iheart that reads like a cheap PR piece (i was just coming here to post it in Stevie forum since that article is certainly not about FM -

IHEARTRADIO MUSIC FESTIVAL 2018
Stevie Nicks Sang, Moved & Looked Amazing At The iHeartRadio Music Festival
posted by

Dave Basner -
Sep 21, 2018

Stevie Nicks joined Fleetwood Mac in 1974, but she's been performing live since 1966, and while the legendary singer has been working for decades, if you saw her at this year's iHeartRadio Music Festival, you'd swear she is just an incredibly talented up-and-coming musician. During the band's set, Stevie showed how amazing she sounds, how gracefully she moves and how flawless she looks.

Nicks slayed on every song the band performed - "The Chain," "Little Lies," "Second Hand News," "Gold Dust Woman," and of course, their closer, the group's classic hit, "Don't Stop." Her voice was full and smooth, and if it's changed since she started out, it's only because it's gotten better.

iHeartRadio

@iHeartRadio
Ooooo don’t you look back #DontStop #iHeartFestival

Meanwhile, the frontwoman's stage presence was stronger than ever. She moved gracefully along with every note Fleetwood Mac played.

Even Stevie's tambourine skills are top notch:

And of course, the rock goddess looked stunning too:

Fleetwood Mac will hit the road next month on another massive tour. Get all their dates here.

Photo Credit: Getty

Fleetwood Mac Radio
Featuring Stevie Nicks & Don Henley, Stevie Nicks, Eagles, and more

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 09-23-2018 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: removed unrelated ads from the end of the article
Old 09-23-2018, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Variety said "stage banter was absent". In other words, they miss Lindsey too.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wow - in case anyone was still wondering what Lindsey ouster was about? you know, like for example during Lindsey-tenure you wouldn't have only SN for extended periods on every video screen during everyone else's songs. you just have to read this and laugh. interestingly, iheart and their affiliate tweets were the only ones about FM as they were playing. nobody else in that arena even knew who they were. and most people were not even there yet. and now we have this article from iheart that reads like a cheap PR piece (i was just coming here to post it in Stevie forum since that article is certainly not about FM -

IHEARTRADIO MUSIC FESTIVAL 2018
Stevie Nicks Sang, Moved & Looked Amazing At The iHeartRadio Music Festival
posted by

Dave Basner -
Sep 21, 2018

Stevie Nicks joined Fleetwood Mac in 1974, but she's been performing live since 1966, and while the legendary singer has been working for decades, if you saw her at this year's iHeartRadio Music Festival, you'd swear she is just an incredibly talented up-and-coming musician. During the band's set, Stevie showed how amazing she sounds, how gracefully she moves and how flawless she looks.

Nicks slayed on every song the band performed - "The Chain," "Little Lies," "Second Hand News," "Gold Dust Woman," and of course, their closer, the group's classic hit, "Don't Stop." Her voice was full and smooth, and if it's changed since she started out, it's only because it's gotten better.

iHeartRadio

@iHeartRadio
Ooooo don’t you look back #DontStop #iHeartFestival

Meanwhile, the frontwoman's stage presence was stronger than ever. She moved gracefully along with every note Fleetwood Mac played.

Even Stevie's tambourine skills are top notch:

And of course, the rock goddess looked stunning too:

Fleetwood Mac will hit the road next month on another massive tour. Get all their dates here.

Photo Credit: Getty

Fleetwood Mac Radio
Featuring Stevie Nicks & Don Henley, Stevie Nicks, Eagles, and more
I guess she's just happier now that Lindsey's not there. She should've just quit and gone solo if she could stand him that little. Guess Mick just can't contemplate a Mac without her tho.

Last edited by Murrow; 09-23-2018 at 05:49 PM..
Old 09-23-2018, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Variety said "stage banter was absent". In other words, they miss Lindsey too.
Sorry, but Lindsey and Stevie have the worst stage banter. Lindsey just rehashes his therapy sessions, which is about as interesting as watching paint dry, and Stevie rambles on and on about nothing.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-24-2018, 11:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Stevie is fierce and they were a lot better than on Ellen. Truth is truth. But playing SHN is a disgrace. Also, having strong feelings about the new band and what has gone down doesn’t make someone a hater.

Last edited by Buster; 09-24-2018 at 11:43 AM..
Old 09-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Stevie is fierce and they were a lot better than on Ellen. Truth is truth. But playing SHN is a disgrace. Also, having strong feelings about the new band and what has gone down doesn’t make someone a hater.
I'd rather they not play any Lindsey songs for the simple reason of opening up more spots for songs we haven't heard or haven't heard in a long time, but on the other hand; it would seem unrealistic that they would have a male singer and not give him much to do besides backup or duet singing. For that reason I imagine we will see some Lindsey songs. I hope not many. More deep cuts please.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 09-24-2018 at 12:43 PM..