Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How are you feeling before the first date of the tour

How would you sum up in one sentence how you're feeling before the first date of the tour?

I have a weary, resigned acceptance that this is still Fleetwood Mac but I am not duty-bound to love every iteration of this band that is offered up; I have a modicum of interest in their performance and a hope that I fear may be misplaced that a rich vein of their back catalogue will be mined.

A bit wordy, but there you go...
Old 10-03-2018, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am very excited to see what the setlist is going to be. Then I will watch youtube hoping they do well in concert and hopefully make me feel better about this incarnation of FM.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
How would you sum up in one sentence how you're feeling before the first date of the tour?

I have a weary, resigned acceptance that this is still Fleetwood Mac but I am not duty-bound to love every iteration of this band that is offered up; I have a modicum of interest in their performance and a hope that I fear may be misplaced that a rich vein of their back catalogue will be mined.

A bit wordy, but there you go...
With much respect for this new line-up I'm very curious with excitement of what they'll make of it!
Old 10-03-2018, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm stoked to hear what they come up with set-list wise. Lots of opportunity with new space opened up for deep cuts. Which is not to say that I don't think they have plenty of past experience in blowing chances for something cool and falling back on the same tired stuff. (To a certain extent I also understand why they stick to playing the well-worn hits, I heard a joke recently about veteran bands not scaring the old folks with unpredictable new music and comforting them with the safe and predictable; I imagine a lot of it is that.) However, I will stay cautiously optimistic that there will be at least a few fun surprises. Mike is great and I think he will be wonderful. I still don't know a ton about what to expect with Neil, but a fresh younger voice can only improve the harmonies. For those that attend tonight, please give us your full reviews. Incidentally, isn't it time to pull the Buckingham/Mcvie tour dates thread off the Rumours part of the forum and replace them with the Mac tour dates? I find that strange that they are still here this long afterwards.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:45 AM
Ledgie

I am ,of course, curious but I don't expect too many surprises and while I'm happy that they are on the road again, I am more than concerned about how Stevie has basically taken over this band for her own image and I don't want to hear non Fleetwood Mac songs in the set..
Old 10-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Oh Well..

Of course I'm definitely curious about the setlist and how they will sound - I hope we have a lot of videos show up on YouTube.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

I’m feeling a little nauseous but surprised by how curious I
am to see the setlist and some clips. Outside of the naseua, it’s how I feel every time a FM or SN tour begins.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

Very sad for them. It hurts to see once-legendary artists surrender all of their integrity and dignity.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
Very sad for them. It hurts to see once-legendary artists surrender all of their integrity and dignity.
Yes to this. Well said
Old 10-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel kind of strange.....big load of confliction
I will miss Lindsey, but am very curious as to what the Set list will be.
Also how the dynamics of the new line up will react and sound.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't want them to fail completely and then - I want them to.

I want all the negative reviews, I'm that spiteful - but only as long as they say nice things about Christine and John. Still conflicted.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I'm stoked to hear what they come up with set-list wise. Lots of opportunity with new space opened up for deep cuts. Which is not to say that I don't think they have plenty of past experience in blowing chances for something cool and falling back on the same tired stuff. (To a certain extent I also understand why they stick to playing the well-worn hits, I heard a joke recently about veteran bands not scaring the old folks with unpredictable new music and comforting them with the safe and predictable; I imagine a lot of it is that.) However, I will stay cautiously optimistic that there will be at least a few fun surprises. Mike is great and I think he will be wonderful. I still don't know a ton about what to expect with Neil, but a fresh younger voice can only improve the harmonies. For those that attend tonight, please give us your full reviews. Incidentally, isn't it time to pull the Buckingham/Mcvie tour dates thread off the Rumours part of the forum and replace them with the Mac tour dates? I find that strange that they are still here this long afterwards.
100% to all of the above. The dates should absolutely be listed.

Can't wait to read about the setlist, even though I know I'll have to wade through the haters, who will feel the need to comment on every aspect of it, to get to the actual information I want. Oh well, on with the show!
Old 10-03-2018, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m looking forward to seeing the set list but I feel there won’t be too many surprises. I also will be interested in reading the reviews as this tour intersects with Buckinghams. I have opted out of this tour but will see Lindsey. I have seen Neil with Crowded House a couple of times and he is great......but
Old 10-03-2018, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I don't want them to fail completely and then - I want them to.

I want all the negative reviews, I'm that spiteful - but only as long as they say nice things about Christine and John. Still conflicted.
i won't lie, and this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here. i want their tour to fail. miserably. it won't - but i want it to. they went with the money, they deserve to have it all implode on them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Feeling grossed out.