Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
You are becoming my fav ledgie... Crack me up!! lol
Old 08-14-2018, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

via GIPHY

Ohh I'm not a math guy but you're going to make me do it anyways....

White Album - let's say 6 months recording and another 6 months touring/promoting

Rumours - we all know it took a year to make and they spent about a year touring it

Tusk - Solid year to make and another solid year on the road

So thats 5 years right there....

Mirage....I believe this is slightly less than a year...we'll say 9 months, plus a short tour of 3 months. 1 year total.

Dance Tour - april through january - 9 months.

Say You Will (complain a year after the fact) - a year to record and a year on the road

'09 "Benign" Tour - a year including rehearsals

2013 Stevie and Lindsey Love Boat Tour - 8 months

2014/2015 Christine Shatters The Nicks Ego - A year.

That's 11 years and 5 months of touring and recording. Doesn't even compare to the time put in by Welch or Green, no offense to them.

Edit: I left out the time Lindsey spent recording tango and the EP. So add even more time to the total.
This is awesome, I love the comparison. So true. And I love love love the names of the recent tours. I busted out a loud chuckle.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

via GIPHY

White Album - let's say 6 months recording and another 6 months touring/promoting

Rumours - we all know it took a year to make and they spent about a year touring it

Tusk - Solid year to make and another solid year on the road

So thats 5 years right there....

Mirage....I believe this is slightly less than a year...we'll say 9 months, plus a short tour of 3 months. 1 year total.

Dance Tour - april through january - 9 months.

Say You Will (complain a year after the fact) - a year to record and a year on the road

'09 "Benign" Tour - a year including rehearsals

2013 Stevie and Lindsey Love Boat Tour - 8 months

2014/2015 Christine Shatters The Nicks Ego - A year.

That's 11 years and 5 months of touring and recording. Doesn't even compare to the time put in by Welch or Green, no offense to them.

Edit: I left out the time Lindsey spent recording tango and the EP. So add even more time to the total.

You neglected to mention the couple of years he spent labouring over Tango In The Night. Furthermore, over the past 20 years I'm sure he'd liked to have been much more active with this band, but others put a spanner in the works on several occasions.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-14-2018, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Thank for saying it so I didn't have to. TITN is an amazing album. Despite, $tevie's rather small contributions.

Glad to help when I can. I know he's a tough one to keep under control.

There's not one song I dislike on TITN. Even Stevie's small contributions add up to make this album excellent. Probably having less Stevie enabled Lindsey and Chris to forge an even stronger musical presence on the album. It really is the epitome of the great work these two do together. Lindsey's production skills shine much the same way they do on OOTC. It's just a very slick, well put together piece of music.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been saying for ages that Tango is one of the best 80s pop albums ever and people always seemed to trash it
Obviously if you don't like the way a lot of pop music sounded in that time you're not going to like it, but I think it's just terrific especially given the circumstances of making it. And if people say it doesn't 'sound like a band', well they weren't really the most 'together' band at the time so it's not too surprising that that shows through.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Well then how do you explain the large number of friends she has in the music industry? How about Marty Callner, Michael Campbell, Sheryl Crow, etc. etc. etc. Also, she has her family. Some people dont need 50 friends around. They prefer to trust in a smaller group of close friends. I am one of those people.
Why do you act like you know about her daily life? Just because you guys think she is Satan doesnt make it true either. You are like sheep. One person has a thought and the next follow right along and builds on it with another made up alternative fact and it just goes on and on. In the meantime you are chasing fans away from this board and you dont even seem to care. It is pretty sad.
Well then you don't know much about Stevie-- she absolutely needs 50 people around. All. The. Time. It's amusing how you say she has loads of friends and then say she doesn't need lots of people around her.

She's ALWAYS thrived on having tons of people around her and she still does.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don’t get how “we just weren’t happy” is a lie. If they were happy, nobody would have gotten fired.
Go back and watch the making-of footage from BuckVie. The big hug between Mick and Lindsey and LB saying "I love you" and Mick hugging him back and saying "mmm hmm" and all that gushy sh&t. Mick looked soooooo "unhappy". The only one unhappy was Stevie.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well then you don't know much about Stevie-- she absolutely needs 50 people around. All. The. Time. It's amusing how you say she has loads of friends and then say she doesn't need lots of people around her.

She's ALWAYS thrived on having tons of people around her and she still does.
Hey, be careful. He'll get mad, and threaten to leave forever. Again. Yes, again.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Go back and watch the making-of footage from BuckVie. The big hug between Mick and Lindsey and LB saying "I love you" and Mick hugging him back and saying "mmm hmm" and all that gushy sh&t. Mick looked soooooo "unhappy". The only one unhappy was Stevie.
It was the most loving I've ever seen the four of them (gee, what was missing?).

But Dick likes his bread BUTTERED, and that old charlatan knows that $tevie is his Land O Lakes.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Tango “could’ve” been right up there with Tusk and Rumours but fails miserably from a few song choices. After the reissue from last Year I’m way more angry at whoever was behind the Moranic song choices. Until that reissue I just chalked that all yo to Stevie’s rehab and not being present enough. But now that I know that Julie, ooh my love and Joan of Arc ( what a missed oppurtunity, this could’ve been the gold Dust Woman of tango)

I’m not making any accusations on who’s fault this is. My first instinct is to blame Lindsey since he is the be all end all of Fleetwood Mac’s sound even before he was the band I guess? But who knows, maybe Stevie demanded her rehab song (WTTR Sara) make the cut, I don’t know l. But if Lindsey was behind
These song choices he looses a lot of credibility with me as deserving credits for g ithe bands sound. But again I just don’t know. And While Stevie’s songs are the most phghgzzling to me I also feel Where we Beong is onr of the best songs on the albu. If it had made the cut. Should’ve taken the place of You and I.

As th album stands I think it makes an incredible EP if you take the first 5 songs then it’s useless to me.
Joan of Arc has amazing atmosphere, but is a lazily written song. She sings the same verse two times in a row--- so the song just stagnates. In the re-worked version Lindsey moved pieces around to give it a verse/chorus verse/chorus structure. Where LB can be too analytical with a song, Stevie can be too emotional, and falls in love with her little words (as she said in the SYW doc) but sometimes her words are a mess. You can't build a whole, compelling song with a story that goes nowhere and repeats verbatim the same verses. That's what happens when you think everything you fart out is perfection and don't actual work at it. It's why Lady drones on and on and repeats itself like your dotty grandmother who tells you the same story she just told you five seconds ago. But Dave wasn't gonna give her any constructive criticism. Now, granted, Lindsey often gave her nasty criticism, and he's reaping what he sowed with some of that nasty crap he pulled in the past now. But he also made her songs HITS.

and btw, didn't Richard comment about all of this when it happened something along the lines of this being an ugly moment in the ongoing power struggle between S & L? If anyone has a long view on their true dynamics from day one, it'd be him.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
And another thing I want to add about Kristen B. swearing at Mick online, just imagine how pissed off she is on losing out on all that money. Talk about counting your chickens before they're hatched. Imagine all the plans the Buckingham's had made to use their up and coming ten million dollars. And now all those gigantic dreams are just swept away down the river of no return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Oh absolutely. He no doubt makes millions off royalties but it seems like those millions get spent easily. I believe her store closed and she opened a horse farm/school thing recently.
She started hawking her interior decorating stuff online http://kristenbuckingham.com/kb-textiles/

But her focus has been horses for a while... and she was building a gigantic horse barn outside LA prior to all this.
https://business.facebook.com/qofefarm/

the shop still seems to be open. She's got a slew of people running things for her, and I'm sure they don't work for free, and horse feed is expensive.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Glad to help when I can. I know he's a tough one to keep under control.

There's not one song I dislike on TITN. Even Stevie's small contributions add up to make this album excellent. Probably having less Stevie enabled Lindsey and Chris to forge an even stronger musical presence on the album. It really is the epitome of the great work these two do together. Lindsey's production skills shine much the same way they do on OOTC. It's just a very slick, well put together piece of music.
I love all three of Stevie's songs on TITN. But, you're right. BuckVie are a well oiled machine when it comes to making a great album.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I’m not much of a math guy, either, but I couldn’t help but notice this stat...

Peter Green: 6 albums
Jeremy Spencer: 6 (7) albums
Danny Kirwan: 6 (7) albums
Bob Welch: 5 albums
Lindsey Buckingham: 6 (7) albums

Jeremy Spencer’s first solo album and LBCM are essentially Fleetwood Mac albums, which accounts for the numbers in parentheses.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-15-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m not much of a math guy, either, but I couldn’t help but notice this stat...

Peter Green: 6 albums
Jeremy Spencer: 6 (7) albums
Danny Kirwan: 6 (7) albums
Bob Welch: 5 albums
Lindsey Buckingham: 6 (7) albums

Jeremy Spencer’s first solo album and LBCM are essentially Fleetwood Mac albums, which accounts for the numbers in parentheses.
So how about Christine? Including SYW, Then Play On, Kiln, and even a few others.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
So how about Christine? Including SYW, Then Play On, Kiln, and even a few others.
Well, I was just comparing the primary guitarists, but Christine was on all but two albums (PGFM and Blues Jam Session At Chess/In Chicago). She was also not on EP, but my list was just studio albums.

THE Stephen Hopkins