User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Actually, it seems to be a factor. She recently has complained that records don't sell and that why wouldn't they want to go out on the road and "make a ton of money". Seems like she's stuck in the past and still expects her records to sell millions of copies like they did back in the day.
I think Lindsey is a bigger factor than money because she's also stuck in the past not only when it comes to record sales.

But I agree that money is important to her. More than creativity. Same with her fans. Which is understandable. You can't love someone if you don't agree with them.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
Okay, good to know!

In that case, Lindsey & Christine really should learn how to whore from Stevie because ticket sales at most of the venues are pretty sad.
Point taken. Because, had they been marketing themselves the same way (all this time) as she has, they might just sell better. I agree.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Then why are you going to one of their shows if sales are so sad?
Exactly!

I've heard the Stevie forum is chock full of number crunchers. Glad I don't go there!
Old 06-20-2017, 01:53 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Then why are you going to one of their shows if sales are so sad?
Because I love their music? Should there be any other reason? I'd like to know since I've been handing them my money for 40 years now.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because I love their music? Should there be any other reason? I'd like to know since I've been handing them my money for 40 years now.
When you say "them", you're also talking about Stevie, right?

If you love their music, then sad sales shouldn't be a problem to you. Just go and enjoy their show. It won't be as packed as Stevie's shows but what matters (at least to me) is the quality of the show.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 06-20-2017, 02:07 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Exactly!

I've heard the Stevie forum is chock full of number crunchers. Glad I don't go there!
Numbers ARE scary and there definitely were some sales numbers over on the Stevie forum during her latest tour. Maybe a pie chart would be better for you? Pie isn't scary.

Mmmm ... pie.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:13 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
When you say "them", you're also talking about Stevie, right?

If you love their music, then sad sales shouldn't be a problem to you. Just go and enjoy their show. It won't be as packed as Stevie's shows but what matters (at least to me) is the quality of the show.
Yes, I'm talking about all of them, including Stevie. I want Lindsey and Christine to do well. If they lose money or make very little on the tour, they may not do something like this again. I'd love for them to do something like this again. I have no doubt that I'll enjoy the show no matter how many tickets have sold.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I'm talking about all of them, including Stevie. I want Lindsey and Christine to do well. If they lose money or make very little on the tour, they may not do something like this again. I'd love for them to do something like this again. I have no doubt that I'll enjoy the show no matter how many tickets have sold.
Good! We don't know what they're planning to do, regardless of venues sales. They could end up doing another album with another smaller tour. They have all been in this business for a long time. I don't think they should learn anything from anybody.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Numbers ARE scary and there definitely were some sales numbers over on the Stevie forum during her latest tour. Maybe a pie chart would be better for you? Pie isn't scary.

Mmmm ... pie.
I only care about the numbers for their ego's sake.

For myself, I'd be fine being the only person in the audience.

Idk why Stevie fans are always obsessed with numbers...
Old 06-20-2017, 02:41 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Good! We don't know what they're planning to do, regardless of venues sales. They could end up doing another album with another smaller tour. They have all been in this business for a long time. I don't think they should learn anything from anybody.
I would definitely be into that!
Old 06-20-2017, 03:11 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthompson View Post
Imagine Fleetwood Mac broke up in 1997 after 'The Dance'.

'Say You Will' and 'EP' never happened.

Lindsey, Stevie, and Christine still release all of the solo albums they have released over the years, but each saves back a few songs for a proper final album.

Twenty years later, in 2017, the band reunites to celebrate 50 years of the band, 40 years since 'Rumours', 30 years since 'Tango In The Night', and 20 years since 'The Dance'.

They co-write, each sings on every song; 3-part harmonies, lead, backup, solo parts. All of the piano parts you hear are Christine.

I still believe it's possible for our Fireflies to come together one last time to honor their music, their fans, and their legacy as one of the greatest bands of all time; a true, final concept album like 'Long Road Out Of Eden' from the Eagles.

Feel free to re-edit as you please, or copy my playlist for your device and enjoy.

'On With The Show', 2017

To actually contribute to the original topic here ...

I'd want Love Shines, Heart of Stone, and Make Me A Mask to be included because I think they're too easily overlooked on The Chain box set. They should have put all the new material on one disc instead of mixing it all up. And isn't it out of print now? Let's please leave Paper Doll off because I think it's dreadful. Maybe a studio version of Sweet Girl instead? I can't remember if Rick and Billy played on Love Shines or Heart of Stone or not. If so, a re-recording might be interesting.

Last edited by MakerofBirds; 06-20-2017 at 03:28 PM..
Old 06-20-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
To actually contribute to the original topic here ...

I'd want Love Shines, Heart of Stone, and Make Me A Mask to be included because I think they're too easily overlooked on The Chain box set. They should have put all the new material on one disc instead of mixing it all up. And isn't it out of print now? Let's please leave Paper Doll off because I think it's dreadful. Maybe a studio version of Sweet Girl instead? I can't remember if Rick and Billy played on Love Shines or Heart of Stone or not. If so, a re-recording might be interesting.
I loved Sweet Girl. That melody is beautiful in the chorus.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well to be fair there are no less than three separate threads discussing BuckVie's performance on the album chart.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, this thread certainly went of the rails pretty quickly. A perfect example of why I've been avoiding the Rumours board recently

But FWIW, here's my current tracklisting for a proper 2017 Fleetwood Mac album:

Sad Angel
My Heart
Carnival Begin
On With the Show
Twisted
Lay Down for Free
Too Far Gone
Watch Chain
Red Sun
Miss Fantasy
Without You
Love is Here to Stay
Old 06-20-2017, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I only care about the numbers for their ego's sake.

For myself, I'd be fine being the only person in the audience.

because she is. And yes, I count myself as a Stevie fan, but that's because I'm a fan of ALL of them and buy records and concert tickets to see any and all of them in all their combinations.

In the recent LA Times article Lindsey makes a joke about "all 12 of them" in reference to his audience. I thought it was cool that Chris asked him if he gets people at his solo shows calling out for FM songs and he said no that his audience "all 12 of them" ha, ha... "get what I'm doing and why". "The right ears" [as he always put it] hearing his music was what mattered. I've loved Stevie and her work forever but she would never take that position. It just is what it is.