User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsfrk View Post
Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it on here but there's a pic of Christine and Lindsey in the Rolling Stone and it has the setlist of the tour in the right hand side. I can see
The chain
Make Lovin Fun
Dreams
Secondhand news
Rhiannon
Everywhere
I know I'm not wrong
Tusk
Sisters of the moon
Say you love me
(Maybe song bird-it's cut out of the shot)
Don't stop
Go your own way
World turning
Silver springs

The rest are cut off an Christine's holding one of the songs in her hand. Anyways, it made my day peace.

After thinking about it for a little bit, I came up with a couple suggestions. Take out Secondhand News and replace with Monday Morning and I would love to see Blue Letter instead of Tusk. Tusk has never been that great of a song to me and is Christine really going to play the accordion?

Last edited by ThePenguin; 09-12-2014 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: unnecessary large font
Old 09-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here's the picture from the magazine. It's in the current issue #1280. Sorry about the quality. I had to downsize the photo to upload it
thanks, great scan!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-12-2014, 06:50 AM

Those two look so happy to be working together again. And they don't have to fake liking each other, like errrr you know who.. lol
Old 09-12-2014, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Those two look so happy to be working together again. And they don't have to fake liking each other, like errrr you know who.. lol
Yes, it got real old real fast having to put up with all of last year's shows where their expressions of pleasure and joy were SO DAMN FAKE AND FORCED as they always are. I mean, seriously!? Neither Stevie nor Lindsey are good actors and there are hundreds of pictures from last year alone which seem to quite clearly show them liking each other and each others' company...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-12-2014, 07:34 AM

Yay!! I knew I could bait you so early.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Yes, it got real old real fast having to put up with all of last year's shows where their expressions of pleasure and joy were SO DAMN FAKE AND FORCED as they always are. I mean, seriously!? Neither Stevie nor Lindsey are good actors and there are hundreds of pictures from last year alone which seem to quite clearly show them liking each other and each others' company...
Oh yes, terrible actors!

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:41 AM

I will say this, Nicole. You post the best damn photos and gifs.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yay!! I knew I could bait you so early.
I willingly admit to being a dead easy mark. Is it REALLY so difficult to just comment on how great it is seeing Lindsey and Christine so happy working together without resorting to a not-even-sly dig at SnL, lol?

Besides, it's NOT early. 11pm here so I claim tiredness as a excuse for getting my feathers ruffled so thoroughly.

Quote:
I will say this, Nicole. You post the best damn photos and gifs.

Thank you, sir. I do my best. I do happen to have well over 600 pictures of Stevie and Lindsey from last year's tour, and making GIFs is a fun habit of mine so...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-12-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I willingly admit to being a dead easy mark. Is it REALLY so difficult to just comment on how great it is seeing Lindsey and Christine so happy working together without resorting to a not-even-sly dig at SnL, lol?

Besides, it's NOT early. 11pm here so I claim tiredness as a excuse for getting my feathers ruffled so thoroughly.

Thank you, sir. I do my best. I do happen to have well over 600 pictures of Stevie and Lindsey from last year's tour, and making GIFs is a fun habit of mine so...

[IMG]33.media.tumblr.com/c76b546e7f55776f6430eca5c0db06ed/tumblr_n9xl3iuCXh1sn8si8o4_250.gif[/IMG]
It's 6am here and I have the flu. So I have nothing better to do than poke fun at my musical heroes.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It's 6am here and I have the flu. So I have nothing better to do than poke fun at my musical heroes.
Aww. Well then, I'll step back and let you at them. I'd suggest actually finding some facts to back up your claims might be a good place to start. Actually, no. Over the top exaggerations and provocative statements work much better!

Feel better soon. x

Old 09-12-2014, 08:38 AM

Haha! Touche, my dear.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It WASN'T a "Rumours" hit. It was never released as a single.
It gets LOTS of radio play. So yea it's a hit doesn't have to be a single.
Don't see landslide.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish they would quit doing the acoustic version of say you love me. Why not open with the full band version! geesh!

Landslide / Big Love have had a good run, but it's time to take it off the set for a while. Even a classic such as Landslide can be run into the ground a little too much. I would much rather see that slot filled with at least one more Christine song and another overall deeper cut.

Also, some dreaming big wish list items:

- Bring back the awesome solo during Rhiannon done on the Mirage tour!!

- If your going to do SOTM again, do it right with the full guitar solo as well and more of the musical interlude that they had going on during the mirage tour. It needs that sense of suspense and build up to make it work. Last year it came across like a rehearsal run-through.

-Sara - bring back those beautiful guitar arpeggios that frame the song so beautifully.

- HOLD ME - come on, it's 2014 there is no reason why that song can't be done live complete with all the cool sound effects which could be programmed on Brett's keyboard.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm actually excited to hear Silver Springs with Christine. I have always thought of all songs they have done without Christine, that one has suffered the most. Her voice was sorely missed on the chorus, her voice added a sense of warmth that has been lacking in that song for the past 15 years.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here's the picture from the magazine. It's in the current issue #1280. Sorry about the quality. I had to downsize the photo to upload it
I'm loving these pics of Lindsey and Chris!

No matter what the band plays, I think it's going to be a really great show. Christine McVie is back playing with Fleetwood Mac!! Wouldn't this be the most exciting aspect of this tour, not necessarily which songs they perform?!!