User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i googled Walter Egan's open heart surgery - according to the article that came up he had a triple bypass on Oct 10, 2014. i do think his surgery was elective and not emergency though, just remembering from his facebook posts at the time. i saw him perform live in DC on 5/28/2015. less than 7 months after his open heart surgery. i asked him about the surgery too at the time. he was in great shape and seems to have been since.
Walter has also had hip replacement. He was even featured on billboards in Nashville(where he lives) for hip replacement.

Nothing makes you feel your heroes are getting old, like seeing them as the poster children for geriatric procedures!
Old 03-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I am optimistic about Lindsey’s heart and future vitality. I think he will recover because he’s stubborn and wants to prove a point. I am also excited about the insights and music these events will have inspired.

I am worried about his voice though. But goodness it can’t be worse than Elizabethtown.

you know, if his vocal cords were somehow additionally damaged beyond normal intubation side-effects, he might need a surgery to get them fixed if he wants to professionally sing again. and if i were in his place, his age and have the funds to easily retire, i don't know that i would opt for additional not medically necessary surgery on my head / neck.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-09-2019, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Walter has also had hip replacement. He was even featured on billboards in Nashville(where he lives) for hip replacement.

Nothing makes you feel your heroes are getting old, like seeing them as the poster children for geriatric procedures!
i know 30 year olds who had hip replacement, and we all know young people getting heart attacks. so maybe that can ease your mind regarding the age-related problems.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i know 30 year olds who had hip replacement, and we all know young people getting heart attacks. so maybe that can ease your mind regarding the age-related problems.
Good thing I'm only 22!

If I were Lindsey, IDK what I'd do. I mean, he should do whatever makes him happy, but this may have been such a life changing event, that maybe his priorities have changed? I just want him to be happy.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

you know, if his vocal cords were somehow additionally damaged beyond normal intubation side-effects, he might need a surgery to get them fixed if he wants to professionally sing again. and if i were in his place, his age and have the funds to easily retire, i don't know that i would opt for additional not medically necessary surgery on my head / neck.
Face it, retirement was on his horizons well before his heart surgery and vocal cord damage. He did one last brilliant solo tour to end it with a bang. He may have been thinking he would tour behind the album mooted for release next month (Will he still release that new studio album this April after all this drama?) ...but I really think any touring beyond this year would in his mind "be a bonus". He would be happy to do a USA tour in support of the new pop album and call it a day, happily retiring on his own terms at age 70, surely.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good thing I'm only 22!

If I were Lindsey, IDK what I'd do. I mean, he should do whatever makes him happy, but this may have been such a life changing event, that maybe his priorities have changed? I just want him to be happy.
Really?! I thought you were younger!

Same. I just want him to be happy AND away from all those nasty people. If he wants to tour, I'd be ecstatic, but if he can't tour anymore, and prefers to stay at home with his family, it will be fine too.

Unlike other people here that claim to love Lindsey, we truly care about him and want the best for him. And we know who's responsible for his current health state.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Same. I just want him to be happy AND away from all those nasty people. If he wants to tour, I'd be ecstatic, but if he can't tour anymore, and prefers to stay at home with his family, it will be fine too.

Unlike other people here that claim to love Lindsey, we truly care about him and want the best for him. And we know who's responsible for his current health state.
How do you think Lindsey feels about people blaming his ex-girlfriend for his poor health? I highly doubt he accepts that as a valid position, even though he is angry with Stevie and that is because although Lindsey is a class act, his fans are not. Yes he is in the worst health he has been in for years, but I will happily stand corrected that he has never once publicly blamed Stevie Nicks for his current health status.

Last edited by secret love; 03-10-2019 at 02:31 AM..
Old 03-10-2019, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Well, actually, I'll be 22 next week...after next...year.

I concur. As much as it would be nice for them to all end together, it ALL ended WAY before his heart attack. They really are a heartless band. It's a shame I wasted 50...err, 22 years of my life on them, only to find out what f**king sh*theads they are.

We do only want what's best for him. That nasty old goat, $he will outlive them all. Because only the good die young. $he'll live to be 200. Na$ty old *****.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
How do you think Lindsey feels about people blaming his ex-girlfriend for his poor health? I highly doubt he accepts that as a valid position, even though he is angry with Stevie and that is because although Lindsey is a class act, his fans are not. Yes he is in the worst health he has been in for years, but I will happily stand corrected that he has never once publicly blamed Stevie Nicks for his current health status.
Perhaps you're in the WRONG forum??
Old 03-10-2019, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember the Destiny Rules video when John and Lindsey joked about keeling over with a heart attack?
Old 03-10-2019, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, actually, I'll be 22 next week...after next...year.

I concur. As much as it would be nice for them to all end together, it ALL ended WAY before his heart attack. They really are a heartless band. It's a shame I wasted 50...err, 22 years of my life on them, only to find out what f**king sh*theads they are.

We do only want what's best for him. That nasty old goat, $he will outlive them all. Because only the good die young. $he'll live to be 200. Na$ty old *****.
It all ended after Musicares. More like after Tom Petty died. Once her "conscience", the only person, together with Lindsey, that had no fear of telling her she was doing things the wrong way, died, there was no more obstacles in the middle to finally put her plan in motion. It all adds up, for those who want to see beyond the glitter and the shawls and the stupid dance and tambourine.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Elle,

I like the "weird, almost standoffish, energy" from the review.

He is very weird. The guy on the cover of the Go Insane album. That encapsulates everything for me.

The guy at the Tusk photo shoot. Isolated, insular, but taking the time to fluff Christine's limp hair, when it's called for.

And All Over Again ... You know what, they were all angry when he left in 1987, but this time it's Stevie's vendetta and they're all just joining in and the firing would be the coup de grace for most people. How much more do you really need. But with them it's just one barb and jab after the other. I really can't get over it. I just can't.

Last edited by michelej1; 03-11-2019 at 07:37 PM..
Old 03-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Elle,

I like the "weird, almost standoffish, energy" from the review.

He is very weird. The guy on the cover of the Go Insane album. That encapsulates everything for me.

The guy at the Tusk photo shoot. Isolated, insular, but taking the time to fluff Christine's limp hair, when it's called for.

And All Over Again ... You know what, they were all angry when he left in 1987, but this time it's Stevie's vendetta and they're all just joining in and the firing would be the coup de grace for most people. How much more do you really need. But with them it's just one barb and jab after the other. I really can't get over it. I just can't.
i needed a sec to figure out what review and where is that phrase familiar from... i read those 2 reviews a while ago, through twitter, and found it funny that any leveled or slightly negative review of the show is NOT posted in the present band forum. so i figured for posterity, i'd post those latest 2.

seems that lately many reviewers actually post their own reviews, vs lazily pasting PR stuff they are served. i'm sure FM's publicists will be like flies on sh*t on NYC area reviewers to make sure they stick to the script this week.... and we will get more refreshed re-energized happy happy band reviews. but we'll see. depends on the reviewer i'm sure. these recent reviews describe the show as kinda flat but OK, and def missing LB. which seems about right.

yes re Christine and John. they are spineless lazy appeasers. they could have stopped Mick. but they didn't. and now, at least they can just coast but instead Chris is playing Stevie's game. so maybe she deserves Stevie stepping all over her as she and her publicists seem to.

Lindsey saying those people are weak, in different ways, was way too generous.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
all just joining in and the firing would be the coup de grace for most people. How much more do you really need. But with them it's just one barb and jab after the other. I really can't get over it. I just can't.
right?? that's just so unbelievable! i mean, how can they NOT stop??

there's nothing to get over when we get new material to be pi**ed about almost every day.

and i don't search for FM. i unfollowed most people on social media who still go to their shows so i don't have to see their crap. but i have LB searches. and when someone mentions him those interviews and reviews pop up on my social media. so i'm sure i'm seeing a minority of all the trash that the "new happy band" is throwing out there and it's still way too much.

Old 03-13-2019, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am optimistic about Lindsey’s heart and future vitality. I think he will recover because he’s stubborn and wants to prove a point. I am also excited about the insights and music these events will have inspired.

I am worried about his voice though. But goodness it can’t be worse than Elizabethtown.
On the bright side, he has the best medical care/doctors that money can guy. If anyone is going to make a full recovery, it's going to be someone who has a boatload of money.

I do think it is weird that I saw the best solo tour he's ever done AND met him, right before he got sick. When we first got the news, I took that as an omen. I was afraid that was going to be the last time I was going to see him. I felt like the universe had us meet because it knew he was going to be ill.

To quote him, "It's a dark thought, I realize."