The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just watched the Seeds We Sow clip. Painful. Ugh. The song ends a lot better than it started, I promise you.

Michele
Old 04-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I was just sitting here getting a bit teary over In Our Own Time. Wow, these songs are like a combination of UTS and GOS in that I think UTS had the sentiment but was too sappy for me. Then GOS had the rock that was incredible from the title track, to Love Runs Deeper, to Great Day. But those rockers didn't have the introspective aspects that, say Bel Air Rain didl. The songs from SWS seem to both rock and weep.

I'm loving it.

Michele
YES. The feeling i had when i first heard Bel Air Rain is very similar to the one i have now, listening to Stars. I feel like my heart is going to explode. Poignant. I tried not to listen to it too much, but somehow, i think i'll never get tired of this song.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, going to have to force myself not to listen to these anymore until we get the album. No easy task. Magnificent stuff.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Peetsie, for the tour Walfredo might be back on drum pads. At least we got the good stuff for the DVD.
For some of the songs I didn't mind the drum pads but for the real rockers I thought it removed some of the energy.

Was Tusk the recent arrangement that starts off without the drums? Did any of the older songs have any interesting new arrangements or were they all the same as they have been for the last few tours?

A question for someone who was there: Was Lindsey properly relaxed? When he's being filmed he often seems to hold back a bit more than when he's just at a normal gig. The clips seem fairly loose but I'm just wondering about the rest of the show.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
OK, going to have to force myself not to listen to these anymore until we get the album. No easy task. Magnificent stuff.

I already ripped these three to Mp3's and are syncing to my Iphone!

All of these songs are cool, but I really love End of Time!
Old 04-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
For some of the songs I didn't mind the drum pads but for the real rockers I thought it removed some of the energy.

Was Tusk the recent arrangement that starts off without the drums? Did any of the older songs have any interesting new arrangements or were they all the same as they have been for the last few tours?

A question for someone who was there: Was Lindsey properly relaxed? When he's being filmed he often seems to hold back a bit more than when he's just at a normal gig. The clips seem fairly loose but I'm just wondering about the rest of the show.
Tusk had the drum intro. After the song someone yelled, "You're killing us, Lindsey" and Lindsey said, "You're killing me too."

Go Insane was arranged differently with a slower tempo. Maybe it was the fact that it was not what I expected that threw me off, but I didn't like it as much. But that will probably change with familiarity. Lindsey seemed to be using a deeper voice for Go Insane too. I don't know if that means it's a different "key" or not. I can't tell those things.

Lindsey was ULTRA relaxed. Just natural. This was not like the Soundstage taping at all. I know what you mean, he wasn't himself for The Dance or LIB, but he was perfectly at ease last night and normal. I mean, we know Lindsey very well and he's kind of a ham (not that there's anything wrong with that) but he wasn't even doing that. He milked ISA like he always does, but it wasn't overkill in the slightest. He was being so regular and it felt genuine.

Glad there was no Holiday Road.

Michele
Old 04-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default In Our Own Time - another version / angle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opTFOLmsxDU In Our Own Time LB Saban 4.22

Last edited by elle; 05-02-2011 at 09:12 PM..
Old 04-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey was ULTRA relaxed. Just natural. This was not like the Soundstage taping at all. I know what you mean, he wasn't himself for The Dance or LIB, but he was perfectly at ease last night and normal. I mean, we know Lindsey very well and he's kind of a ham (not that there's anything wrong with that) but he wasn't even doing that. He milked ISA like he always does, but it wasn't overkill in the slightest. He was being so regular and it felt genuine.
Excellent! That's what I was hoping to hear. This could be his best DVD looking at the setlist and reviews so far.
Quote:
Glad there was no Holiday Road.
Ditto!
Old 04-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Illumination
I like the music. I like the little yelp (reminds me of Time Bomb Town, a bit). I like most of the lyrics. I just don't like the phrase "process of illumination" in a song. Yeah, clever switch from elimination, but you don't really want to sing it.

I can imagine one of our women on the chorus with him. "One less ____ to believe in. One less trick of the mind." They would sound good with him on that part. Michele
Old 04-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver View Post

I love this one; Lindsey's streak of amazing solo albums looks set to continue!
Old 04-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, wow, wow...
we go from nothing to new stuff from both Stevie and (surprisingly!) Lindsey.
I love everything I've heard (and I sure aint waiting for September to listen). The Stars song is incredible. They HAVE to make that a single. I have a feeling, as a single, it could actually (gulp) SELL! It's beautiful. Really, really gorgeous.
And I like that he put on a few pounds. He looks healthier.
Nice to know that both he and Stevie put their Society of Edgar Allan Poe Freaks memberships to good use;-)
Old 04-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stars mp3

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4agmg9
Old 04-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much for the reviews, for remembering as much as you did, for pulling off on the highway to write things down, and for the videos! There is so MUCH to look forward to! I did laugh at "the big machine" and the big movie references again.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Way Love Goes

Old 04-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
The Way Love Goes
Thank you for these. The chorus of this song just flew straight over my head last night. It was like he was just suddenly shouting very fast and I wasn't hearing. It's so great to be able to see the video and to have them all embedded here.

Michele