User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I don't know, I felt a little embarrassed by it all.
Like "here's the old-timer we would never book for this show by himself!"
Sort of sounded a bit karaoke to me until the guitar solo, which helped it sound a little more real again.
yeah, but he he wasn't lackluster himself. I liked the yeahyeahyeahyeah. And that drummer beat the shjt out of it. He LOVED to do the song.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sort of sounded a bit karaoke to me until the guitar solo, which helped it sound a little more real again.
Hats off to him though, he IS getting out and about (with the youngsters) a bit more and he hasn't stopped slowing down/ showing off. Keep it up Linds, we like you really
Old 09-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey has never struck me as the redcarpet type.

I would say there are some definite grins posted over on getty (especially the one which shows the fringe of blonde.) But, yeah that one pic posted previously looks like a sweetmisery I wouldn't wish on most.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7656...5D4FAB832C5139

Old 09-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well, It was very well paced, She started weak but sounded quite strong on the chorusses, lindsey was good but I cannot take it that the core of what he was doing there was edited out. He let HER take the stage singing, and he concentrated on the guitarpiece. It's edited out so I'll never get the whole picture. I'm getting more angry as I type. It wasn't that bad, I presume. I bet he freaked out, looking at how psyched he looks at the drummer in the end. I bet he rocked the fashionpeeps out of the house over there. We were no witness though.

Good drummer by the way
That stinks. I felt like something was missing in that solo. I was also pissed there wasn't a big cheer for him but he doesn't have great name recognition. If they'd intro'd him as from FM they would have known who he was. Maybe he didn't want that. I really liked his performance and think it's great he was invited to a modern show like that. Rock on!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:09 PM
SuzeQuze
This message has been deleted by SuzeQuze.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. For some reason she bugs me and I'm still convinced she wasn't actually playing anything on that guitar, which makes the whole thing even more annoying. There was no emotion on her face whatsoever, in fact, she looked bored. Though that could be just her usual M.O. The only redeeming part was Lindsey's guitar and they edited it out.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post

Cute!
Hehe, How YOU doin'? There were a lot of cute pics of him up there, awesome!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

One of Carrie's fans on some other site (I can't be bothered to actually find out exactly which one) said that she was upset that Carrie would perform with a member of Fleetwood Mac, a band known for making poor moral judgments.

Carrie's been a "star" for what, a year? I bet in 34 years, I won't have enough toes or fingers to count the number of "poor moral judgments" she's committed.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
One of Carrie's fans on some other site (I can't be bothered to actually find out exactly which one) said that she was upset that Carrie would perform with a member of Fleetwood Mac, a band known for making poor moral judgments.
For crying out loud. Do 14 year olds even know what 'poor moral judgements' means?

Last edited by danax6; 09-11-2007 at 05:57 PM..
Old 09-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post

Carrie's been a "star" for what, a year? I bet in 34 years, I won't have enough toes or fingers to count the number of "poor moral judgments" she's committed.

Ok, that made me

sample of a 14 year olds message board comment:

'OMGYZZZ I CaNT BLIVE Dat Carrie WUD sing wit dat dude from Fleetwood whatever....
Hez Lyke TTLY OlD & CaNT PlaY GuiTAR Lyk Carrie Can. & He Dont Sing Gud. Wut Wuz SHe THiNKiNG?? Lyke OMGZZZZ!!!'

I seriously know kids who would write something like that too.
And just fyi....many country fans are 'Christian' [In NO WAY am I mocking the Christian faith, nor trying to sterotype, just in my own experience this is what I have come to realaize.] And Christians supposedly have good moral values
ie-no sex before marriage...[mm-hmm...], no drinking underage....[again...mm-hmmm], NEVER smoke [oh thats a big sin right there ...um most of my family smokes...so I guess im biast... ], and DEF! No drugs. [So many of the kids in my school who do drugs, go to church, go figure...]

So just because Lindsey did drugs and drank in exess 30 years ago, its wrong to preform with a 'pure girl'??? As Venessa said, in 30 years shell be regreting all of the drinking, and possibly drugs too....

oh and Carrie gave into the pressure of hollywood thinness...thats worse than drugs making impressional girls think that happinesss is being a size 4 is worse than harming yourself in doing drugs anyday...
Old 09-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, Lindsey, for singing your classic with a winner of a reality talent(less) show...

YOU'RE OFFICIALLY ON NOTICE

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hmmm

Carrie Underwood's "So Small" Sets a Record
September 7, 2007

It’s a new benchmark for country artists as reigning ACM and CMA Female Vocalist and two-time GRAMMY winner Carrie Underwood sets a new chart record with the explosive success of her latest hit, “So Small.” It enters Billboard’s Hot Digital Songs chart at #6 with 70,808 downloads, earning the highest debut position and greatest first-week sales of any country airplay single in the history of the digital chart.

Co-written by Carrie with Luke Laird and Hillary Lindsey, “So Small” already made the record books last month, when its #20 Billboard/R&R country airplay debut established the highest chart entry by a solo country female in Nielsen BDS history.

Ironically, the only country artist to ever top Carrie’s achievements on the Digital Songs chart is Carrie, herself, whose American Idol “Idol Gives Back” charity recording of the Pretenders’ classic, “I’ll Stand by You,” became the best-debuting digital track ever recorded by a country artist this past May.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
hmmm

Carrie Underwood's "So Small" Sets a Record
September 7, 2007

It’s a new benchmark for country artists as reigning ACM and CMA Female Vocalist and two-time GRAMMY winner Carrie Underwood sets a new chart record with the explosive success of her latest hit, “So Small.” It enters Billboard’s Hot Digital Songs chart at #6 with 70,808 downloads, earning the highest debut position and greatest first-week sales of any country airplay single in the history of the digital chart.

Co-written by Carrie with Luke Laird and Hillary Lindsey, “So Small” already made the record books last month, when its #20 Billboard/R&R country airplay debut established the highest chart entry by a solo country female in Nielsen BDS history.

Ironically, the only country artist to ever top Carrie’s achievements on the Digital Songs chart is Carrie, herself, whose American Idol “Idol Gives Back” charity recording of the Pretenders’ classic, “I’ll Stand by You,” became the best-debuting digital track ever recorded by a country artist this past May.

She also has the fastest selling country debut in Soundscan history. Homegirl sells the records.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Junior Ledgie

How does her fans know if she does have any moral values. She has been a so called celebrity for awhile. She might have already been corrupted by the buisness. She is not going to let her fans know. Just like Britney Spears did. She acted like little miss innocent and then look what happened. The truth came out.
Let them say what they want to. The rest of the of world knows how great he is. They are just mad that he showd her up.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Junior Ledgie

I just found this on foxnews.com dated Sept 7th.

"As with all these TV shows, what was real and honest made the biggest impact. Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham, Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger with Carlos Santana and Alicia Keys got huge, deserved ovations."

I don't see Carrie Underwood's name in there.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
And just fyi....many country fans are 'Christian'
And That. Is the bases of most of her popularity and success... I'm sure of it. What was one of the big hits from the cd... "Jesus Take The Wheel"?
She's got the bible belt behind her!... Not that it's a bad thing. i'm just sayin'. And she can carrie a note