Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2023, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It so sad--and wrong.
It is really sad. but i'm grateful she got herself together and back into life and didn't just wither away in isolation in Kent. those pics are gorgeous.

--Lis
Old 04-26-2023, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
It is really sad. but i'm grateful she got herself together and back into life and didn't just wither away in isolation in Kent. those pics are gorgeous.

--Lis
The thought of her withering away can make me cry on point. Lord, I'm grateful!
Old 04-27-2023, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My biggest hope is that everything happened really quickly for Christine and she didn't go through an extended period of pain.

It's weird to think that this show was the last time I saw her and 5 years later she is gone. It's also been 8 years since my last Fleetwood Mac show in February 2015. Thats a bit longer than the gap between 1997-2003 which is blowing my mind a little bit. It seemed like forever at the time.
Old 04-27-2023, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
My biggest hope is that everything happened really quickly for Christine and she didn't go through an extended period of pain.

It's weird to think that this show was the last time I saw her and 5 years later she is gone. It's also been 8 years since my last Fleetwood Mac show in February 2015. Thats a bit longer than the gap between 1997-2003 which is blowing my mind a little bit. It seemed like forever at the time.
How long was she having the back pain? I'm guessing that was the cancer causing that.

My last show was Louisville BuckVie(and Nashville before that). I'm very happy that those were my last shows, and not the Petty's Crowded House sh*tshow cover band(which I had zero interest in seeing).
Old 04-27-2023, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
How long was she having the back pain? I'm guessing that was the cancer causing that.

My last show was Louisville BuckVie(and Nashville before that). I'm very happy that those were my last shows, and not the Petty's Crowded House sh*tshow cover band(which I had zero interest in seeing).
The first I had heard her talk about the back issues was during an interview she did for rolling stone in June of '22

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-word-1367214/

I passed on the 2018 tour as well. Had they REALLY reinvented themselves in an interesting way I would have maybe considered going. They sorta did so originally with all of the Pre-75 material, but alas most of it was cut out of the setlist. They should have done an all blues tour without Stevie, that would have been killer. At the end of the day, giving them cash after how they did Lindsey dirty just didn't feel right.
Old 04-27-2023, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The first I had heard her talk about the back issues was during an interview she did for rolling stone in June of '22

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-word-1367214/

I passed on the 2018 tour as well. At the end of the day, giving them cash after how they did Lindsey dirty just didn't feel right.
Thanks.

Yep. You simply can't reward bad behavior, and this was inexcusable. Stevie ruined the end of FM.
Old 04-27-2023, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

All for the sake of an insignificant greatest hits tour that wound up starting AFTER the slight delay Lindsey was asking for anyways. It will never make sense to me beyond an opportunity for Stevie to make a power move (that really didn't gain her any power in the end because the whole band splintered)
Old 04-27-2023, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All for the sake of an insignificant greatest hits tour that wound up starting AFTER the slight delay Lindsey was asking for anyways. It will never make sense to me beyond an opportunity for Stevie to make a power move (that really didn't gain her any power in the end because the whole band splintered)
I've said it for 20 years, but she's the worst thing that ever happened to FM. SHE became the brand.

When's the last time they were creative as a band? 2003? Twenty f*cking years ago?

Nope. 2017, when the old goat refused to participate. I'll say it again.... SHE'S THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO FM.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I've heard she was having very bad back pain for the last couple of Tours they did, and then the last few years she was back in the UK it was terrible. Not sure if it was related to the cancer, I guess it could have been and she just didn't know what it was. She kept saying it was scoliosis.

--Lis
Old 04-27-2023, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I've heard she was having very bad back pain for the last couple of Tours they did, and then the last few years she was back in the UK it was terrible. Not sure if it was related to the cancer, I guess it could have been and she just didn't know what it was. She kept saying it was scoliosis.

--Lis
My birth father had cancer in his spine. I've told my doctors that, and they've said cancer never starts there. It's traveled there, from unchecked cancer elsewhere.
Old 04-28-2023, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've said it for 20 years, but she's the worst thing that ever happened to FM. SHE became the brand.

When's the last time they were creative as a band? 2003? Twenty f*cking years ago?

Nope. 2017, when the old goat refused to participate. I'll say it again.... SHE'S THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO FM.
But we have BuckVie—posterity won out and with time, when stars fade or the cults of personality shift, that 2017 album will still be there: to comfort the diehards; and to be discovered by the musically curious of a later age excavating the music of our time.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But we have BuckVie—posterity won out and with time, when stars fade or the cults of personality shift, that 2017 album will still be there: to comfort the diehards; and to be discovered by the musically curious of a later age excavating the music of our time.
So very true.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I MUCH prefer it that BuckVie was the last creative chapter. God, they looked so happy making that album, and doing the tour. YOU COULD SEE THE LOVE.
Old 04-30-2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I MUCH prefer it that BuckVie was the last creative chapter. God, they looked so happy making that album, and doing the tour. YOU COULD SEE THE LOVE.
Watching that video gave my goose bumps.
Old 04-30-2023, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly you should be a University Professor. Incredible post.

In 2027, 25 year olds can can say Wow! Christine made a rocking last album!