Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2023, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Or Penguin Château (Château d'Hérouville is the same where Eltons's Honky Château was recorded).

It looks like chris is practically holding john up on the steps.

but i do love this picture.

I wish Ken Caillat would write a book about making Mirage, just like he did about Rumours and Tusk. that must have been quite a time in that chateau.

--Lis
Old 02-12-2023, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Say You Will should have been titled: Steal Your Heart Away
Old 04-18-2023, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The only Mac album title I would want changed is Tango in the Night. I’ve always hated that.

Not sure what the alternative name would be.
She Stares at Stairs
Old 04-18-2023, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
She Stares at Stairs
I want partial credit for this one!
Old 04-18-2023, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
She Stares at Stairs
When I Scream At You Again
Old 04-18-2023, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
It looks like chris is practically holding john up on the steps.

but i do love this picture.

I wish Ken Caillat would write a book about making Mirage, just like he did about Rumours and Tusk. that must have been quite a time in that chateau.

--Lis
the part that I want to know about is when Stevie arrived, having just completed her first (very successful) solo tour, accompanied by her boyfriend Jimmy Iovine... and some sort of kerfuffle ensued between Lindsey and Jimmy, which by all accounts was instigated by Lindsey and resulted in Jimmy getting on a plane and going back to the US rather than staying the 10 days he had planned to stay. That majorly impacted Stevie and Jimmy's romantic relationship by all accounts. I want to know did that essentially break them up? did he never come back to the chateau? Did he ever spend time on that tour with her? Or was it so f***ed up from that he stayed away? I would have strong sympathy for Stevie in that situation if your ex behaves so badly that it breaks up your present relationship, while he continued to drag *his* new girlfriend around with the band everywhere for years.....
Old 04-18-2023, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
She Stares Up The Stairs
For Scarlet!
Little Lies
I Am What I Am
Mystified
House on the Hill
I Yam What I Yam
Old 04-24-2023, 11:48 AM

From Emmaline to Frontline.
Old 04-24-2023, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
the part that I want to know about is when Stevie arrived, having just completed her first (very successful) solo tour, accompanied by her boyfriend Jimmy Iovine... and some sort of kerfuffle ensued between Lindsey and Jimmy, which by all accounts was instigated by Lindsey and resulted in Jimmy getting on a plane and going back to the US rather than staying the 10 days he had planned to stay. That majorly impacted Stevie and Jimmy's romantic relationship by all accounts. I want to know did that essentially break them up? did he never come back to the chateau? Did he ever spend time on that tour with her? Or was it so f***ed up from that he stayed away? I would have strong sympathy for Stevie in that situation if your ex behaves so badly that it breaks up your present relationship, while he continued to drag *his* new girlfriend around with the band everywhere for years.....
Who knows...even Ken C. who likes to kiss the nicks ring has said she was completely out of control coming into the mirage sessions.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine on the making of Mirage (2016):

Well, I don’t think any of us remember a huge amount about it! But I don’t remember there being anything bad about it, how about that [laughs]?

It was extremely odd in the sense that it wasn’t really a studio. It really was a rather beaten-up old castle. We were living in it, and then there was another area that was made to be a studio. And there were wine cellars underneath, which I believe we used as echo chambers. So it was unusual, but it also provided a “come-together” sort of moment. Because we really had no options to do anything else. In Sausalito, at least you were close to restaurants, clubs, whatever. But at the chateau, you were just there. We had the table tennis out, we had some radio-controlled helicopters, we had food cooked for us every night on the premises. … I don’t know, it was like some weird, manic kind of resort or something. But I think we got on really well during the making of the record. The actual recording part of it, there were no particular spats I can think of. And some of the tracks are really good.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Christine on the making of Mirage (2016):

Well, I don’t think any of us remember a huge amount about it! But I don’t remember there being anything bad about it, how about that [laughs]?

It was extremely odd in the sense that it wasn’t really a studio. It really was a rather beaten-up old castle. We were living in it, and then there was another area that was made to be a studio. And there were wine cellars underneath, which I believe we used as echo chambers. So it was unusual, but it also provided a “come-together” sort of moment. Because we really had no options to do anything else. In Sausalito, at least you were close to restaurants, clubs, whatever. But at the chateau, you were just there. We had the table tennis out, we had some radio-controlled helicopters, we had food cooked for us every night on the premises. … I don’t know, it was like some weird, manic kind of resort or something. But I think we got on really well during the making of the record. The actual recording part of it, there were no particular spats I can think of. And some of the tracks are really good.
Sounds right-ish. Mick recalls "semi-tense" discussions about the direction of the sound for the record because Lindsey wanted a 50s-style Eddie Cochran thing whereas the rest of band wanted to "get back to basics." The sonics of the album suggest a a compromise that tilts a little towards what the rest of the band wanted.
Old 04-24-2023, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember an interview where they mentioned other names for the Rumours album, but once John mentioned the album should be called Rumours (because of all the rumors going around about them, natch) they all agreed instantly that was the name. It would be interesting if anyone could remember what the other possible names were.

Behind the Mask was originally titled Twist of Fate.

I think, after Rumours, Tusk, and Mirage, Lindsey wanted to end the one word title streak, hence Tango in the Night.
Old 04-24-2023, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
It is an interesting piece of history. Anytime an ex is with an ex who brings their new significant other is a tense time. Stevie and Lindsey never got over their relationship. Being that Jimmy was not just her boyfriend but producer who made her a solo star with a #1 album was probably too much for him to take. Also I can see Lindsey being annoyed like "why did you bring him here, we dont need a producer."
Old 04-24-2023, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I remember an interview where they mentioned other names for the Rumours album, but once John mentioned the album should be called Rumours (because of all the rumors going around about them, natch) they all agreed instantly that was the name. It would be interesting if anyone could remember what the other possible names were.

Behind the Mask was originally titled Twist of Fate.

I think, after Rumours, Tusk, and Mirage, Lindsey wanted to end the one word title streak, hence Tango in the Night.
I thought Rumours was originally titled “Yesterday’s Gone?”
Old 04-24-2023, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I thought Rumours was originally titled “Yesterday’s Gone?”
It was. Rumours is so much more intriguing.