The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you Alicia and Claudia and everyone else for your very generous words! I'm very glad to be able to reproduce a bit of Stevie magic and it's a true joy for me to do!

Old 07-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Crescent Moon Pendant

Greetings, Chiffon-Head (to which I belong to that group, as well, LOL!),

After years of searching for the perfect shaped crescent moon (just like Stevie's), I decided the only way I was going to get them, was to have them custom made by a jeweler, with my photos of Stevie's, and drawings, so it would be reproduced "as close" to hers as possible.

I just received them in the mail today (I also had a pyramid custom made) and they are just perfect, shiny sterling silver, and they are the closest to Stevie's in shape and size as I could have dreamed of.

If you would like to order one for yourself, I have put them in my online Stevie style clothing and accessory store:

http://www.EnchantedMirror.com

Just today, and already have gotten orders for them, I am very pleased.
They come with a lovely sterling box chain, and if you order the moon and pyramid, I will make sure that you get the chains so they lay perfectly (two different lengths).
Bright blessings to you, and everyone!~Barbara

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiffon head
Hi everyone, I used to post under the name Nae and then something happened to my computer and I had to re-register.
Anyway, now I'm chiffon head ~lol~ I read someone's post around here calling us Stevie fans "chiffon heads" so I thought
it was kind of funny.

Well, on to the reason for this post. Stevie is wearing her moon necklace again!!! I love that necklace. I've always been fascinated by it. I have one too. I hardly ever wear it though because when I do people usually look at it kinda strange and sometimes they will ask, "What's that?" LOL. I just say, It's a moon, I love the moon." Sometimes they ask if I'm a witch. I just say, "No, it's a Stevie Nicks thing."

Does anyone else have a moon necklace around here? If so, do you wear it? Do people ever comment?

Chiffon Head~~~HAAA! My new screen name really does make me laugh.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJRose@aol.c

After years of searching for the perfect shaped crescent moon (just like Stevie's), I decided the only way I was going to get them, was to have them custom made by a jeweler, with my photos of Stevie's, and drawings, so it would be reproduced "as close" to hers as possible.

I just received them in the mail today (I also had a pyramid custom made) and they are just perfect, shiny sterling silver, and they are the closest to Stevie's in shape and size as I could have dreamed of.

If you would like to order one for yourself, I have put them in my online Stevie style clothing and accessory store:

They come with a lovely sterling box chain, and if you order the moon and pyramid, I will make sure that you get the chains so they lay perfectly (two different lengths).

Hi Barb,

I guess that's all a matter of interpretation since I make them, too. You can have the business as I'm not here, on the boards, trying to compete with you.

Good luck!

Kelly
Old 07-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hi Kelly!

Hi Kelly!
I am not trying to compete with you, either. My custom crescent moons were not made in the same shape/design as yours, and I think yours are very pretty, I still have the moon and pyramid that friends have bought from your site, and sent to me! I know a lot of people have your beautiful jewelry and love it, and I told you a long time ago, that your craftsmanship was wonderful, too! There is plenty of room for many Stevie craftspeople and shoppes on this wonderful Internet...I wish you all the best as well!

Bright blessings, Barbara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starling
Hi Barb,

I guess that's all a matter of interpretation since I make them, too. You can have the business as I'm not here, on the boards, trying to compete with you.

Good luck!

Kelly
Old 07-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Hi Barb,

Good luck!

Kelly
i have 1 from you kelly & it is WONDERFUL, i have never taken it off since i received it in the mail!!!!!!!~
Old 07-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you, Goddess6! I'm so glad you are still enjoying it! Didn't mean to cause any ruptures...just felt a little weird to have every thread that I posted in followed up with another merchant...but yup, it's a big, old free Stevie world out there and that's okay by me!
To each their own preferences and it's always good!
Old 07-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Kelly,
I didn't realize it looked like I was posting to your posts, I was answering the original post, and I guess the board puts the newest post last, mine came after yours, when I was actually posting to the original question (except when you replied to me, and this one), and not to your post, sorry 'bout that!
I think the more selections of different items we have, the better! I was excited because I just got these pendants today, so I was trying to reply to the people who had posted about Stevie style jewelry, since they are in stock now.
BTW, to the ledgies, I met Kelly, back in the 1990s, before she was doing the jewelry, when I was the performer for the Fleetwood Mac convention in Texas...so no hard feelings between us, she is a nice lady! I wish her all the best, and always have!

Bright blessings, everyone!~Barbara

Quote:
Thank you, Goddess6! I'm so glad you are still enjoying it! Didn't mean to cause any ruptures...just felt a little weird to have every thread that I posted in followed up with another merchant...but yup, it's a big, old free Stevie world out there and that's okay by me!
To each their own preferences and it's always good!
Old 07-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Starling made my gold pendant. I just received it, and it is beautiful! I wore it to the Charlotte concert. I had a lot of compliments on it, and a lot of people asked where I got it. I told them all that I got it at camias.com. They were impressed, and so am I.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 07-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was so impressed with GDW77's that I ordered one today (in Sterling)!
Old 07-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe
I was so impressed with GDW77's that I ordered one today (in Sterling)!
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you decided to do that. Awesome!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 07-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have one that a dear friend gave to me. It's a bit smaller than Stevie's but just gorgeous. Made of silver, an dinlaid w/ mother of pearl, so that it looks like a sliver of a crecent moon. I just love it. Then when in Vegas, I found this adorable little crescent moon studded w/ rhinestones. Again, both are small in comparison to Stevie's, but they get noticed for sure.
I had a jewler in Capitola make me a pyramid. Sadly it's a little large, so that when I wear the moon and pyramid, they look out of proportion, but still it's quite lovely. Something.

As far as Starling, I really need to STOP spending on all the various shows, and buy one of your moons, cause I have coveted them for years!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE, after this go-round. Dumb thing is, that it'd be so perfect for the upcoming shows. Hmmm, how fast could you get it to me????

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 07-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks!
I have one that a dear friend gave to me. It's a bit smaller than Stevie's but just gorgeous. Made of silver, an dinlaid w/ mother of pearl, so that it looks like a sliver of a crecent moon. I just love it. Then when in Vegas, I found this adorable little crescent moon studded w/ rhinestones. Again, both are small in comparison to Stevie's, but they get noticed for sure.
I had a jewler in Capitola make me a pyramid. Sadly it's a little large, so that when I wear the moon and pyramid, they look out of proportion, but still it's quite lovely. Something.

As far as Starling, I really need to STOP spending on all the various shows, and buy one of your moons, cause I have coveted them for years!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE, after this go-round. Dumb thing is, that it'd be so perfect for the upcoming shows. Hmmm, how fast could you get it to me????
I know it's a tough choice to consider when Stevie's in town...but if you wanted a moon from me, I can make it and get it to you in a matter of days, depending on your circumstances, like when the show is, and if you wanted it in gold or silver. I'd be happy to oblige! My email addy is camias34@aol.com and feel free to write me there, if you'd like!

Errr...no pressure at all though, seriously and I appreciate your consideration for me in the future possibly!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

For my birthday last week, my original mom (I am adopted and found her), she sent me a beautiful moon necklace that is a silver crescent with a gold crescent inside of it on a thick silver chain. It is the most beautiful necklace I've ever owned.

I have a diamond heart necklace that I never, ever, ever take off or at least I hadn't for about 20 years, and then I got this one. I've been wearing it ever since. So many people have said something about it because it is really unique.

Since I am a Moon Child astrologically speaking, it makes it even more special to me.

Patty
Old 07-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Patty,
Your moon necklace sounds absolutely beautiful, maybe you can post a photo of you wearing it sometime? I am sure you will cherish it. The Moon holds so much Magick, and because your Mom sent it, so much more so.
Bright blessings, Barbara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymarkle
For my birthday last week, my original mom (I am adopted and found her), she sent me a beautiful moon necklace that is a silver crescent with a gold crescent inside of it on a thick silver chain. It is the most beautiful necklace I've ever owned.

I have a diamond heart necklace that I never, ever, ever take off or at least I hadn't for about 20 years, and then I got this one. I've been wearing it ever since. So many people have said something about it because it is really unique.

Since I am a Moon Child astrologically speaking, it makes it even more special to me.

Patty
Old 07-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJRose@aol.c

Cool. I just ordered one from you.

Thanks,
Susie