Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I'm fine as well, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
On the Joanne Woodward thing, Of course she loved living with him, a beautiful example of sticking together. But I recently read a very interesting Writers' Handbook article on giving interviews in which this woman said that she had snagged one of the rarest and most in depth, candid interviews with Joanne Woodward because she didn't pop the 20,000th question!
Anyway, how are you?
Actually I didn't think I was asking the 20,000th question, that would be "Why did you leave Fleetwood Mac on a moments notice?"

If you want to compare this to Newman/Woodward, Scotty Moore, and Muddy Waters, the above is the first question they would ask you. So is that question less grating to you than one about what Peter Green could've been without drugs? I have to admit, you caught me off-guard with that response. Well done!

You appeared to be very open in the "Man of the World" documentary about the subject. You answered Peter Green related questions on this forum's Q&A ten years ago. I guess I struck a nerve, no problem. Hypothetical questions aren't your thing, that's fine.

If you want to know my initial question before I changed it was at the 30,000th level. "Why did you feel you could not support the band as a guitarist during Peter's songs?" How original, I know. I've read you answer, cheers.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default About Stranger Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
Dear Jeremy

Regarding "Stranger Blues"

I really like your presentation of this song. What was your influence for this one. I have seen Brownie and Sonny doing it and I like the way they do it but you seem to take it in a slightly different direction. Who inspired you for your version?

vinnie c
Elmore James' version, and recently when performing it , mixed with his version of Rollin' n' Tumblin' because of its interesting latin rythm (both recorded in 1960 or thereabouts).
Old 09-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default To qualify...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Actually I didn't think I was asking the 20,000th question, that would be "Why did you leave Fleetwood Mac on a moments notice?"

If you want to compare this to Newman/Woodward, Scotty Moore, and Muddy Waters, the above is the first question they would ask you. So is that question less grating to you than one about what Peter Green could've been without drugs? I have to admit, you caught me off-guard with that response. Well done!

You appeared to be very open in the "Man of the World" documentary about the subject. You answered Peter Green related questions on this forum's Q&A ten years ago. I guess I struck a nerve, no problem. Hypothetical questions aren't your thing, that's fine.

If you want to know my initial question before I changed it was at the 30,000th level. "Why did you feel you could not support the band as a guitarist during Peter's songs?" How original, I know. I've read you answer, cheers.

Hi again Slipkid. Just to clarify, it's not that I never want to answer questions about Pete, I hope you understand! As you said, I've done interviews and spoken freely about him. I even got together with Mick and John in Hawaii for the interviews for the Man of the World doc. And they took hours of footage, by the way, a lot of it wasn't used!
Although I hope I don't have to much if any more of those, my reaction was more in the context of this blog being Viv Fox's question to the Ledgies.

About not playing regular back up guitar behind Pete? I just didn't feel confident enough, even though he asked me to.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile An answer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Interestingly enough tonight as I was folding my laundry I was thinking about this question I had asked you and was wondering why you were not answering me and at the same time I was thinking it, you were asking ME a question. How cool huh?

I would guess that it was Mick you were angry with or maybe Christine. It just never made any sense to me that you would just vanish on them like you did.

I had a boyfriend once who was always saying he was gonna commit suicide. He always said he would do it on the front lawn of his fathers house. You see he was really always angry with his dad for reasons one cannot fathom. He wanted to punish his father, but who really loses in a situation like that?

Thank you for saying I did not offend you with my question as I was beginning to think I did because you never answered me. You answered my question with a question. Any chance you want to answer my original question now?
So, to answer your question, Viv. I have stated in many interviews that my decision was nothing to do with them as people or friends. I know it was by far not the best way to have done it, but I don't think I could have made the break unless it was that drastic.
I asked God many times over the following years to give them back fame and fortune that would far surpass what they had ever had or lost. Within three or four years they were the biggest band in the world, with no help from me but my prayers.
Hope that answers your question sufficiently, Viv!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, to answer your question, Viv. I have stated in many interviews that my decision was nothing to do with them as people or friends. I know it was by far not the best way to have done it, but I don't think I could have made the break unless it was that drastic.
I asked God many times over the following years to give them back fame and fortune that would far surpass what they had ever had or lost. Within three or four years they were the biggest band in the world, with no help from me but my prayers.
Hope that answers your question sufficiently, Viv!
Dear Jeremy,
That was a very touching and beautiful answer to my question.
Again, tonight while doing laundry, I wondered why you were answering all the other questions and not mine, and again you were answering me at the same time I was thinking about you.
Also have you noticed how many people have read this thread since I asked you? It's so nice to see all the interest in your career, which is thanks to the fact that you were once a member of Fleetwood Mac.
You may have also noticed myself and other members have posted various articles and interviews and concert reviews of your recent performances as well?

On behalf of myself and everyone here I would like to thank you for gracing us with your presence. I consider it a great honor conversing with you!

All My Respect, Viv

Last edited by vivfox; 09-17-2009 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Did you make any friends on the "Hippie Ballroom" circuit?

Jeremy,

While you were in FM, did you get along with the British band clique? Or did you make friends with some American band members? I know about Janis, are there others? I should've asked this question several days ago.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Jeremy, it's great to read your answers to these questions, straight from the horse's mouth

I have a question about something I read somewhere a while ago - in a book, I think. Did Danny have a bit of a "get-together" with Janis Joplin at one point? I read that he was a bit intimidated by her, and you and the rest of the boys thought it was hilarious. I always thought it was pretty interesting but of course it may have been exaggerated or just made up. Do you remember anything about that? Cheers
Old 09-21-2009, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually if I was to ask Jeremy Spencer one question it would be, are we going to get a new album soon????
Old 09-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default memorable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Hi Jeremy - here's a question for you. One thing that strikes me when I listen to recordings of your live performances - from back in your Fleetwood Mac days to more recently, you always sound like you're having a great time onstage (and I hope I'm right about that!). Is there any one of your live performances from over the years that stands out as being the most memorable or your favorite?
There were some places that were more inspiring to play than others in Fleetwood Mac because of the audiences.
Recently, I have thoroughly enjoyed playing in Norway because of their blues appreciation.
Fitzgeralds in Chicago, Bamfest in Wiconsin and Suwalki in Poland last year were a blast, and recently Reggie's in Chicago and Callahan's in Detroit.
Even though I don't strictly or even consciously 'play to please', it largely depends on the audiences; it's always good when they're appreciative.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default new album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Actually if I was to ask Jeremy Spencer one question it would be, are we going to get a new album soon????
The only thing in the works is a possible release of the live show from Sliperihallen in Norway two years ago. It is proposed to go out on the Bluestown label for Scandinavian distribution. Glad you're interested, Chriskisn!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Hitch
This message has been deleted by Hitch. Reason: Re-post
Old 09-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The only thing in the works is a possible release of the live show from Sliperihallen in Norway two years ago. It is proposed to go out on the Bluestown label for Scandinavian distribution. Glad you're interested, Chriskisn!
Always interested! Let us know if the album does go ahead, there are those of us on here that will scour the net trying to find a copy!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Always interested! Let us know if the album does go ahead, there are those of us on here that will scour the net trying to find a copy!
Yes, lots of us here are interested!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Ledgies! Strike while the iron is hot! You've got Jeremy's attention so let's see the questions.

Photobucket
Old 09-27-2009, 04:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Jeremy!

One question from me:
When the three songwriters in Fleetwood Mac (You, Danny and Peter) had written a new song, how did you present it to the rest of the band?
Did you use to bring a home made demo? Or did you play it yourself alone for the
others to listen to?

And what about the arrangement of the songs? Was it a collective process with input from all member, or had the songwriter usually worked it all out before presenting it to the rest of the band?

All the best,
Daniel
Old 09-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello Jeremy,

I realize the unfairness in asking you to recall events of forty years earlier, but I was curious if you have any recollection of approximately when 'Teenage Darlin'' was added to the set lists?

The first available full performance of the number currently available is from a January 1970 show at the Fillmore West -

However (there is always an however...), during a show from Den Haag from February 28th 1969, (it is in circulation as being from April of that year but that is incorrect), after a terrific version of 'Blue Suede Shoes', John McVie seems to be playing the bass line of 'Teenage Darling' as the audience wildly applauds that last number.

'Teenage Darling' does not get played, the next song is 'Twist and Shout', (which also remains unheard again until that same 1970 show at the Fillmore)

Would you remember if 'Teenage Darling' was being played as early as February of '69, or was it not introduced until much later?

Again, perfectly understandable if you do not remember - just an itch I was hoping you might be able to scratch

thanks

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder