User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
ummmm LB always wants to put out new music (hence not a cash grab tour IMO), but someone in the band ONLY wants to do cash grab tours. Lindsey was not happy with them being an oldies act I can tell you that.
Exactly. That’s why I’m happy that he won’t waste his creative energy on a cash grab tour AND I’m happy to hear a few pre-1975 songs. Win-win.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yep, I don’t think Lindsey was fired because he has a drinking problem or a mental illness. If that were the case...

Big difference that I can’t believe still needs to be explained.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I agree!!! Why is it so hard for people who don’t see the difference, to accept that there is a difference this time around?
There are always differences in situations. But, a band can fire anyone the want for whatever reason they choose. It’s a rock band. They don’t need just cause.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-21-2018, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
There are always differences in situations. But, a band can fire anyone the want for whatever reason they choose. It’s a rock band. They don’t need just cause.
That's true. Still, the band is pushing a narrative that all of this was very fair and aboveboard. I think most people here are simply reacting against that narrative.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Heh you are ruining my fun now! I didn’t find anything wrong with your post but couldn’t resist poking bwboy because I knew he’ll lash out in being called what he is - a Stevie fan. He always does, like a clockwork!

(Lol I’ll have to block him now so I don’t have to read insults he’s about to hurl at me next for this post. Happy Monday morning y’all!)
Well he certainly is consistent in his pattern, if nothing else. And he and Buster apparently get free passes on personal attacks...
Old 05-21-2018, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
That's true. Still, the band is pushing a narrative that all of this was very fair and aboveboard. I think most people here are simply reacting against that narrative.
I agree the narrative is lame, but their narratives have been lame since at least 1997. The current narrative isn’t any dumber than “It just felt like a duo album.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-21-2018, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
LOL It was me that focused on it first. I think bwboy was commenting on me
I was... and I definitely wasn't making a big deal about it, I genuinely was confused as how Lindsey didn't notice Sharon was on the stage with him, that's all.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
From Musicares onward that would have been about 6 months. They could have recorded the lions share of an album in that time.
Oh, to think what could have been.
The remaining four members had lots of shopping to do.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The remaining four members had lots of shopping to do.
The bags of money won’t spend themselves.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-21-2018, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then why didn't they tell the truth in the first place? It could have been so easy. And yet....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
I am not seeing Lindsey being impossible to work with due to alcohol and mental instability problems, though. Still waiting for a valid "excuse" from that bunch on why Lindsey Buckingham was fired. Also, I am seriously doubting there will ever be another FM album , let alone TWO

And they ain't grabbing anymore of my cash, that's fer sure.
See, I had said: I am not seeing Lindsey being impossible to work with due to alcohol and mental instability problems, though, which was then the given reason for the firing of Danny Kirwan.

Lindsey being impossible to work with according to Ms. Nicks is a reason to fire him, how? What is she, a kindergartner?
Quote:
Apparently Stevie disagrees.

What would you consider a valid excuse/reason? Seriously, what if they just said “we don’t want to work with him anymore” and that’s all the reason they gave?
I would hope we do not live in such a callous world where from one day to the next your near and dear long time colleagues or friends or business partners and co-creators go" I don't want to work with you nemore, BYYYYEEE!"

If they come out with: " We cannot work with Mr. Buckingham anymore because: he should be in rehab due to his habitual 5 pints of Tequila a day/ his constant threatening us concrete bodily harm by bringing pistols to the studio and aiming them at us/he has a contagious skin disease and refuses to wear clothing/ ANYTHING valid!

Scheduling conflicts can always be worked out-- Mz. Nicks there sure has been the cause of such on plenty of occasions.
Just saying "cause we don't like you no more" smacks of two year olds.

Quote:
That kindergarten level of functioning also, imho, holds for your statement that "they are a rockband and can fire whomever for whatever reason they choose."

They are a Business. With people with 30-year or more, tenure, contracts, and commitment. They are not a playground random bunch who take the ball home.
BUT! Seems I am wrong, and really, that is EXACTLY what they are.

Hence! have fun with them, those who still want to, but do not come blame those of us who are stunned and deeply shocked by the level of immaturity displayed, I'd say.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If they come out with: " We cannot work with Mr. Buckingham anymore because: he should be in rehab due to his habitual 5 pints of Tequila a day/ his constant threatening us concrete bodily harm by bringing pistols to the studio and aiming them at us/he has a contagious skin disease and refuses to wear clothing/ ANYTHING valid!

That kindergarten level of functioning also, imho, holds for your statement that "they are a rockband and can fire whomever for whatever reason they choose."
I would be horrified if the band had released a statement like that, and I'm glad they didn't even intimate that there was any sort of problem like what you mentioned. There are some things we the public don't need to know because it's not our business, even though we really want to know what's going on. Besides, let's say FM had said "we can't work with Lindsey anymore because he drinks 5 pints of Tequila a day"- I highly doubt Lindsey would have confirmed their version and we would be right where we are now- arguing over or speculating why Lindsey was fired.

Sadly, people are fired all the time, be it a rock band or a hospital or a fast food joint, and anyone can be fired. Just because we don't know exactly what went down doesn't mean they didn't have a reason. If I had a problem with a co-worker, it's entirely possible one of us would be fired to resolve the situation. That's not unusual at all.

This post isn't my effort to change anybody's mind. It's my way of saying not everyone here feels the need to investigate and try to understand just what happened when, and watch videos and examine every word of an interview or compare timelines or look at social media of band members or reference events from 25 or 40 years ago. If the band as a whole could have worked it out, they would have. They didn't, and I really don't think the reason why matters, because the fans who are angry about his firing will never accept any explanation given. And the fans who are used to this merry go round that is FM just accept it and move on.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I would be horrified if the band had released a statement like that, and I'm glad they didn't even intimate that there was any sort of problem like what you mentioned. There are some things we the public don't need to know because it's not our business
Actually it is our business. Ad Sasja pointed out in an earlier post the band is a business, a corporation and we are share holders. I've invested heavily in this band for 41 years and many of us have. The excuses they have given us for firing Lindsey are NOT valid. Heck, they bald faced lied to us, keep spinning the story from "he wanted a wait a year" to "he didn't want to tour". When one of the CEO's of said corporation gets fired for no valid reason, we as share holders have a right to know what's true and what's not.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-21-2018, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey being impossible to work with according to Ms. Nicks is a reason to fire him, how? What is she, a kindergartner?

I would hope we do not live in such a callous world where from one day to the next your near and dear long time colleagues or friends or business partners and co-creators go" I don't want to work with you nemore, BYYYYEEE!"

Scheduling conflicts can always be worked out-- Mz. Nicks there sure has been the cause of such on plenty of occasions.
Just saying "cause we don't like you no more" smacks of two year olds.

They are a Business. With people with 30-year or more, tenure, contracts, and commitment. They are not a playground random bunch who take the ball home.
BUT! Seems I am wrong, and really, that is EXACTLY what they are.

Hence! have fun with them, those who still want to, but do not come blame those of us who are stunned and deeply shocked by the level of immaturity displayed, I'd say.
such refreshing, funny and - imagine that! - actual reasonable thinking! i never met you but i love you!! your posts make my day. one good thing that came out of this whole mess is you coming back and being active again on this board!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I so agree with this. That's why I think the 'Stevie has a right to want to be happy' argument I've seen some people make is ridiculous. It's not just about Stevie and that's such a selfish thing to do. Push someone out of a group and affect SO many people all because you don't want the hassle? I'm sure both Lindsey and Stevie are far from perfect people and I doubt he thought she was a cup of tea to work with either, but I am about 500% positive that had he had the power to push her out of the band(which granted, he did not at all have that power), he wouldn't have done so.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Actually it is our business. Ad Sasja pointed out in an earlier post the band is a business, a corporation and we are share holders. I've invested heavily in this band for 41 years and many of us have. The excuses they have given us for firing Lindsey are NOT valid. Heck, they bald faced lied to us, keep spinning the story from "he wanted a wait a year" to "he didn't want to tour". When one of the CEO's of said corporation gets fired for no valid reason, we as share holders have a right to know what's true and what's not.
WTF are you talking about??? We’re not shareholders, we’re fans who voluntarily decided to follow a band, presumably because we liked their music. The band is under no obligation to any of us. You chose to spend money on what they were selling. That’s NOT an investment, that’s a simple transaction.

It’s a rock band. They get to decide who is in. Sorry you don’t like how they went about it. If I fault them for anything, it’s talking about it at all. They should have just said they parted ways with him for a number of reasons without getting into specifics.

THE Stephen Hopkins