User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
When Mick says majority rules, perhaps he considers silence as implied agreement. There was time between when the decision was made and when it was announced to the press for John or Christine to raise a voice of objection. Maybe they were scared they would be banished too. I don't know. But "they weren't consulted" doesn't fly with me. If they were angry and upset, they should have said so and would have had plenty of time to say so before the decision was made public. Hell, it would have been more difficult after it was public, by John and Christine could have come out united as one saying "this is a terrible decision" or "I won't play in a band that treats long serving members as replaceable". BUT THEY DIDN'T!
That's it. Surely if it's true that John needed 'some persuading' and wanted a bit of time to agree, wouldn't he have called Christine and said this is the situation -what do you think? They could have both disagreed and then there would have been no MAJORITY......
Old 05-18-2018, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Majority Rules
Copyright 2018 Welsh Witch Music

When I see Mick again,
As I always do,
It appears to me that
Majority rules!
And the two of us are ruthless with the votes we choose
It's not being a quintet,
It's just following some rules
Made by two fools...

I like other guitarists,
I like Mike.

I want to dance around the house for the last decade of my life.

It's like working for a washed-up drummer;
The McVies are bickering,
Like a pair of snakes, tired of little lies.
OMFG that's fantastic!
Old 05-18-2018, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Sodascouts, I think it's important to remember that no one on this forum truly knows what went down when Lindsey was fired. Everybody is speculating, but no one really knows. Just because someone says it was only Mick and Stevie's decision to fire Lindsey doesn't mean it's true. Trying to formulate theories based on casual comments is fruitless, such as the decision supposedly being made while Christine was out of the country. Even if true, she still had a voice and a choice in the matter. The fact she's still with FM tells me she ultimately agreed with the decision to fire Lindsey.
who cares?

I mean, he was making a JOKE about what could have happened.

If anyone is thick enough to think that because someone had a little fun with some lyrics that it means they are claiming something is 100% true, then that person deserves to be fooled.

Get over yourself.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
who cares?

I mean, he was making a JOKE about what could have happened.

If anyone is thick enough to think that because someone had a little fun with some lyrics that it means they are claiming something is 100% true, then that person deserves to be fooled.

Get over yourself.
My post was in response to the original post by sodascouts, not downonrodeo, who posted the very funny and clever parody of Destiny Rules. Not sure what in my response was so incendiary that you said I had to get over myself
Old 05-18-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
When Mick says majority rules, perhaps he considers silence as implied agreement. There was time between when the decision was made and when it was announced to the press for John or Christine to raise a voice of objection. Maybe they were scared they would be banished too. I don't know. But "they weren't consulted" doesn't fly with me. If they were angry and upset, they should have said so and would have had plenty of time to say so before the decision was made public. Hell, it would have been more difficult after it was public, by John and Christine could have come out united as one saying "this is a terrible decision" or "I won't play in a band that treats long serving members as replaceable". BUT THEY DIDN'T!
I really agree with this, secret love. There is no way John and Christine didn't know what was going on, but even if they somehow really didn't, they did have the option to be heard. That's why I really think there's a little more to this story than any of us know, and maybe it's not our business, I don't know. I mean, FM is in the public eye, but that doesn't mean we have the right to know everything that goes on. I WANT to know what happened, but ultimately it's none of my business. Anyway, I do believe it was majority rules, whether it was 3 against 2 or 4 against 1.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
IThat's why I really think there's a little more to this story than any of us know, and maybe it's not our business, I don't know. I mean, FM is in the public eye, but that doesn't mean we have the right to know everything that goes on. I WANT to know what happened, but ultimately it's none of my business.
in the words of Kristen Buckingham about what happened - “The reality is even more appalling.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-18-2018, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
in the words of Kristen Buckingham about what happened - “The reality is even more appalling.”
Oh to grab a cocktail with that lady and chat about this The family's/and those closest to Lindsey reaction about the current situation lends itself to thinking there is so much more that happened. Lindsey's family (minus Kristen) lived thru some pretty crazy stuff with FM/S&L back in the day, but the response and reaction to this situation is really at another level. I understand and agree that we live in a world where social media takes things to another level. I go back to what I felt when I initially heard this--the ripple effect here is vast and deep. Lindsey's comments last week about legacy and opportunity were so great to hear.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
When did she says this and what else?
Old 05-19-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
When did she says this and what else?
i think yesterday or the day before. she didn't say much else, just liked some people's comments.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"