User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
Still not exactly sure why Lindsey isn't actually playing guitar on Love is Here to Stay
He's not...?
Old 06-27-2017, 10:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Just catching up now, but I was lucky enough to attend the Raleigh show (was up front dead center in the pit... sorry Elle, didn't know you were there or I would have tried to introduce myself!) and the show last night in Virginia. Both great shows, but very different in terms of audience/vibe, I thought.

The VA crowd seemed much larger and, thanks to the venue, you could really hear both the band and the crowd reaction very well. There were a few times Lindsey looked at Chris with kind of big eyes after a song ended and the crowd was going nuts, which was cool. My biggest complaint is that everybody sat for the whole show until GYOW. I was in row D and stood during Tusk (c'mon people, live a little).

Overall, a great couple of shows. I enjoyed my experience in Raleigh more because I was right up front (Chris waved to me, and I died), but the sound at Wolf Trap was incredible.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Are you sure she's actually playing?

Hold Me drives me crazy...as much as I LOVE that song, I hate it dropped from D to B!!!
Yes, because I saw Brett doing padded synth. (I'm 90% sure) but i have bad eyes, lately Eye sight is going.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Yes, because I saw Brett doing padded synth. (I'm 90% sure) but i have bad eyes, lately Eye sight is going.
Just because he was playing, doesn't mean that she was, right?

I would post Hold Me(the only song I videoed in it's entirety), but some idiot is singing along, the entire time. So I WON'T.

Didn't your Mama warn you? Yeah, I didn't listen, either...
Old 06-27-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Just because he was playing, doesn't mean that she was, right?

I would post Hold Me(the only song I videoed in it's entirety), but some idiot is singing along, the entire time. So I WON'T.

Didn't your Mama warn you? Yeah, I didn't listen, either...
When Christine is really playing, her concentration shows on her face. I saw that, too. Leave my mama out of this!
Old 06-27-2017, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When Christine is really playing, her concentration shows on her face. I saw that, too. Leave my mama out of this!
also, at the end of Hold Me yesterday, when there's that little keyboard part, he looks at her with the smile and gives her a little nod and a thumbs-up encouraging look like "yay you are doing it girl!" it was cute.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-27-2017, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's my Mama too, biotch!!!!
Old 06-27-2017, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's my Mama too, biotch!!!!
Thank God my mama is Stevie! And I don't share her with any crazy fan!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Thank God my mama is Stevie! And I don't share her with any crazy fan!
Go ahead with your selfish self!

Really, go ahead!!!
Old 06-27-2017, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Go ahead with your selfish self!

Really, go ahead!!!
I just wanna be like her when I grow up. Oh, and like you!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
He's not...?
No, not until the outro solo. The main guitar part is definitely pre recorded. You can tell for a few reasons

1. The guitar part sounds completely identical to how it does on the album
2. A few times in videos you can see he puts his hand at the wrong place on the guitar neck and it keeps playing with no mistake

It has something to do with the way the right hand picking is. You can't play the song exactly the way it is on the album live. You can get so close that 99.9% of the audience wouldn't know the difference, but for some reason he isn't playing it himself
Old 06-27-2017, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
No, not until the outro solo. The main guitar part is definitely pre recorded. You can tell for a few reasons

1. The guitar part sounds completely identical to how it does on the album
2. A few times in videos you can see he puts his hand at the wrong place on the guitar neck and it keeps playing with no mistake

It has something to do with the way the right hand picking is. You can't play the song exactly the way it is on the album live. You can get so close that 99.9% of the audience wouldn't know the difference, but for some reason he isn't playing it himself
yeah he's not playing the bulk of it. this is the first tour i've seen him on where he's not really playing these picking songs... wonder whether arthritis or some other age-related problem caught up with him? he's been extremely lucky for a long time to be able to pluck and pick like he's been doing. i mean during OMS in 2012 he was doing Rock Away Blind by request, off the cuff.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-27-2017, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah he's not playing the bulk of it. this is the first tour i've seen him on where he's not really playing these picking songs... wonder whether arthritis or some other age-related problem caught up with him? he's been extremely lucky for a long time to be able to pluck and pick like he's been doing. i mean during OMS in 2012 he was doing Rock Away Blind by request, off the cuff.
Well that's just depressing. If Big Love is retired for good we will know for sure. I saw FM last tour and that was the last time for me. Going to see these two in LA and that will be my farewell to seeing FM show.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
So, he's not playing (some of) those intro songs (Trouble, NGBA, Shut Us Down, etc.) either? Really? It would surprise (and sadden) me if this were a wider phenomenon than LIHTS.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
So, he's not playing (some of) those intro songs (Trouble, NGBA, Shut Us Down, etc.) either? Really? It would surprise (and sadden) me if this were a wider phenomenon than LIHTS.
it would sadden me also......

It sounds from folks that he IS playing on NGBA and Trouble ....??