Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:26 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hi,

that is wrong. The concert is never sold out. In the last two weeks I looked at the Saalplan at www.eventim.de every day and there were many many seats free. In the last days you could buy also tickets in the blocks near the stage, they were blocked before I assume. So there were over 50 tickets from the most expensive ones in the "Unterrang" and over perhaps 200 tickets of the seats in der "Oberrang" free. Since thursday u can t buy tickets at eventim for the concert, because they send the tickets by post, not enough time for that. Perhaps this is the fact, why they call it sold out.

Make the example: Look at www.eventim.de the concert for Berlin. Click at the Saalplan-Button. U will see, many seats free, also good ones, at Berlin !

Greeting

Christian
Old 10-12-2009, 03:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think the Saalplan is a good indication for tickets, when I look for tickets on eventim.de I get this:

Looks like there aren't tickets anymore available to me.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 10-12-2009, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, "nicht mehr zustellbar" just means that if you ordered the tickets now, they wouldn't be able to deliver them in time anymore. That is what they always do about 2 working days before every concert. Be prepared for a few blank spots.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizNicks View Post
Oh, "nicht mehr zustellbar" just means that if you ordered the tickets now, they wouldn't be able to deliver them in time anymore. That is what they always do about 2 working days before every concert. Be prepared for a few blank spots.
Ahh what, at my age i have some blind spots aswell.
Sanne, enjoy the concert, actually that means 4 everyone who'll be there.
wE WANT all info by tommorow,
Will
Old 10-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Junior Ledgie

Yeah that s right. "Nicht mehr zustellbar" means, that they can t be deliverd in time now. But there were many seats free, so u could buy the tickets at the Arena today, if u don t have one.

All of us a great concert today !

Greetings

Christian
Old 10-12-2009, 05:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Want to hear all about it when you get back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Junior Ledgie

just 5 minutes back from concert....and here is my review.......just for you !!

First of all: It was great. Second: I am not the Fleetwood Mac Hardcore Fan, I say that, because I m knowing, that I am writing in a Fleetwood Mac Fan Forum. I am a Hardcore Fan of Pink Floyd, Genesis and The Who. Third: My english isn t that good, so i apologize ....

The Arena in Oberhausen is next to the greatest shopping mall of europe, the Centro. So I assumed, that Stevie perhaps went on a shopping trip before the concert, but I didn t see her anywhere there. I arrived 90 Minutes before doors open and a long waiting row has been established. I have a seat ticket and it s raining, so I decided to drink an beer and look to the people. Wow, many young people there, much younger than me ( I m 36 ), I was impressed. Also many people searching for cheaper tickets and also many people from the Netherlands.

The concert began 15 Minutes after eight, the setlist was the same as in USA, including silver springs at the end. My personal highlight since this concert: I m so afraid. Wow, wooowwww , what a solo ! This was my first Fleetwood Mac concert, are they playing this rocking version always or is that new ? I have mentioned, I m a Pink Flyod Fan, this song is my new Comfortably Numb !!! What a great guitar player !!

My second highlight: The speach after the concert of Mick. This touches everyones heart, but many people were leaving the concert before the end, because they didn t recognized that after Don t stop it doesn t stop ! What a pity !

The ordiance was great, due to the fact, that there was no seating in the interior. But many people were missing much hits. That is a problem: Here in Europe not so many people knowing, that Christine isn t in the band anymore. So they expected all the hits from the 80s, like Little Lies or Everywhere. Thats a problem: The band says they are playing the hits ! And yes they are playing the hits mostly from the 70s with Stevie and Lindsey. But the eighties are missing and here in europe Fleetwood Mac has had big charthits in the 80s and none of them they have played ! Many people were a little dissapointed about that.

Also why is nothing played from the last album say you will, Peacekeeper would work great, why are they ignoring their last work ?

The concert was a little loud, but it was a rockconcert ! The voices of Stevie and Lindsey were great, in the Arena is the sound not so good, but it is every time acceptable. They have done their best.

This year I have seen yet: Australian Pink Floyd, The Eagles and Roger Hodgson ( Supertramp ). I will see next Steve Hackett ( Genesis), The Musical Box ( Genesis-Coverband, great ) and Nokia Night of the proms
( Roxette, John Miles, Heaven 17 and Alan Parsons ) and Mark Knopfler ( Dire Straits ) . So how good was now Fleetwood Mac ? This question I can t answer, because The Eagles were breathtaking this year ! But in my personal top 10 is Fleetwood Mac following on second place !

Greetings from germany

Christian
Old 10-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm the next one who is back!
In short:
Great concert, everyone onstage had fun
Stevie was in good voice and spirit
The concert was even better than the 2 we saw in 2003
Tusk was my favorite, and OH Well did suprisingly well

Thanks to David, Maria, Alexandra and Andrea!

Detailed review and maybe videos tomorrow.
Have a good evening

AncientQueen
Old 10-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
My personal highlight since this concert: I m so afraid. Wow, wooowwww , what a solo ! This was my first Fleetwood Mac concert, are they playing this rocking version always or is that new ? I have mentioned, I m a Pink Flyod Fan, this song is my new Comfortably Numb !!! What a great guitar player !!

My second highlight: The speach after the concert of Mick. This touches everyones heart, but many people were leaving the concert before the end, because they didn t recognized that after Don t stop it doesn t stop ! What a pity !
Christian
Thanks for the wonderful review Christian.

I am one of those people who take I'm So Afraid for granted, but when you describe it like this, you make me think about it all over again, with new eager ears.

Very interesting that you liked Mick's speech so much. I don't know what he said to you. Here, he usually says "take care of yourselves and take care of each other." That last can be touching, especially when he references the world's woes. Then, he concludes by declaring that "The Mac is Back." I am sorry that people left. Even if they'd known an encore was coming, a lot of them would still have exited early. They start thinking about getting out of the parking lot, rather than savoring the moment.

I'm glad you stayed and thank you for posting.

Michele
Old 10-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They were in good shape tonight. They burnt Go Your Own Way into another dimension...what an ending! I like this setup: less extra players on stage, less drama, more vulnerable, but way too shticky. Stevie was in good voice. She looked a bit spooky, but seemed to have a good time, although she had no idea where she was. (she didn't mention Oberhausen nor Germany.) Linds rocked the house. And Mick and John and the backupband too.

The audience was braindead, BTW.

Last edited by shackin'up; 10-12-2009 at 06:32 PM..
Old 10-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a lousy audience. They didn't wake up until GYOW. Aside from that, I had a wonderful time. There was one other guy next to me who was really into it, and so we just shared our enthusiasm with eachother.

I hadn't listened to any bootlegs, because I knew there weren't going to be many surprises and I wanted to savor the few things that were 'new'. Like Oh Well, for instance. I *loved* it. Lindsey's new intro to NGBA, never heard that before. Stevie and Lindsey harmonizing a capella, *twice*, that was nice as well.

I thought Rhiannon was a dud, but I thoroughly enjoyed GDW, she threw in some mean screams. Mick's drum solo is always the one point in the set where you have nothing better to do than realize your feet are really killing you. I liked Go Insane, but I still prefer the acoustic version.

I found it funny that Stevie had no clue where the F she was, so she left it up to Lindsey to thank 'Oberhausen'. She did say she found Europe to be "romantic".

All in all it was a good show and I'm looking forward to Antwerpen in two days.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Stevie and Lindsey harmonizing a capella, *twice*, that was nice as well.
SWEET.

Quote:
I found it funny that Stevie had no clue where the F she was, so she left it up to Lindsey to thank 'Oberhausen'.
Guess the teleprompter folks can't spell Oberhausen...
Old 10-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Lindsey's new intro to NGBA, never heard that before. Stevie and Lindsey harmonizing a capella, *twice*, that was nice as well.
That sounds new. I know he had an intro to SHN, but NGBA . . .he used to do dedications with that song, but I don't even think he did that for the first leg this time around. Sounds like he's pulling out the stops for Europe.

Michele
Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for taking so much time and posting your review for us. I found it really interesting and it was easy to read.

Re: the tour, it has been billed as a "hits" tour by the people who sell tickets, but the band called it more of playing the songs they just wanted to play. I think they didn't want to go too far into Christine territory, because it's impossible to recreate her sound.

It's always rough though when people come to shows expecting to hear certain songs and then don't. I hope they still managed to have fun. And then that they ran home and put on their records or CDs so they could hear the ones they missed.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it so much, even though they weren't previously one of your very favorites. I hope they are now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
But many people were missing much hits. That is a problem: Here in Europe not so many people knowing, that Christine isn t in the band anymore. So they expected all the hits from the 80s, like Little Lies or Everywhere. Thats a problem: The band says they are playing the hits ! And yes they are playing the hits mostly from the 70s with Stevie and Lindsey. But the eighties are missing and here in europe Fleetwood Mac has had big charthits in the 80s and none of them they have played ! Many people were a little dissapointed about that.

Also why is nothing played from the last album say you will, Peacekeeper would work great, why are they ignoring their last work ?
Old 10-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just found this on youtube. If it belongs to a fellow ledgie I hope you don't mind me posting it... I just couldn't resist! Had to share ASAP! Thank you thank thank you thank you for this!

[IMG][/IMG]

I think Stevie's voice sounds amazing!

He asked me for my love
And that was all