The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What on earth could the legal issues be? There can't possibly be anything left to fight about as regards that record!

Things like that really annoy me. Especially in a band that are still together! They surely could have worked all this out loooooong ago in the early planning stages? It's not as if they're all on opposite sides of the world and never talk or anything.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

with the delay in release....they will probably do a fall 2009 leg of the tour to promote it...be it here or overseas?!

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 05-21-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
Why that one? It was already released.
The live B side Version, recorded from John's sailboat with Robin Anderson and Judy Wong...

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-21-2009 at 10:50 AM..
Old 05-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenageMac View Post
Well, I don't think I have mentioned this before, but my dad works as an Executive Editor here in Connecticut at one of the biggest newspapers in the state.

It seems as though everyone (including myself) is wondering when the RUMOURS CD/DVD Box Set will be released. Well, I was able to convince my dad to contact Fleetwood Mac band management and get an answer on this through his job.

He contacted Liz Rosenberg, the Fleetwood Mac Press Contact listed on all of the recent press releases... And here was her response:

it turned out there were some legal issues which caused a huge delay.. Naturally I wasn't told about the issue until after release went out.. ON the happy side, everything has been resolved and we are hoping for an early fall release ...

So there you have it!
Thanks for posting this =) Good to know

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 05-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
why?

a disc is a disc and a torrent is a torrent. It only takes more time to up- and download...
Except for movies, I just never hear about leaked video.

Michele
Old 05-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
What on earth could the legal issues be? There can't possibly be anything left to fight about as regards that record!
But if it really does contain never-before-released material, maybe there are some licensing issues that were never resolved, because it had never come up before. I would assume that FM and WB own all the songs, but maybe there are people who will be shown in the video footage who haven't signed a release yet or something like that.

Michele
Old 05-21-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But if it really does contain never-before-released material, maybe there are some licensing issues that were never resolved, because it had never come up before. I would assume that FM and WB own all the songs, but maybe there are people who will be shown in the video footage who haven't signed a release yet or something like that.

Michele
My thoughts exactly.. if it were the same stuff.. then maybe something expired... but I'm hoping it was a rights issue on new stuff....
Old 05-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenageMac View Post
Well, I don't think I have mentioned this before, but my dad works as an Executive Editor here in Connecticut at one of the biggest newspapers in the state.

It seems as though everyone (including myself) is wondering when the RUMOURS CD/DVD Box Set will be released. Well, I was able to convince my dad to contact Fleetwood Mac band management and get an answer on this through his job.

He contacted Liz Rosenberg, the Fleetwood Mac Press Contact listed on all of the recent press releases... And here was her response:

it turned out there were some legal issues which caused a huge delay.. Naturally I wasn't told about the issue until after release went out.. ON the happy side, everything has been resolved and we are hoping for an early fall release ...

So there you have it!

The cynic in me believes the band (the guys) and WB were not happy about the timing of the release of Stevie's cd/dvd. The sales on this re-issue will not be great because it is a rehash of music already heard millions and millions of times but it will be pricey I am sure and with the economy so fragile...they most likely made the decision not to compete with Stevie's solo rehash. By rehash I am not in any way saying I won't be first in line to buy as I buy everything FM and everything by the individual members but other than hardcore fans few others will go out and spend $$ on music they already own. The never released material will not create a stampede to your local Wal-Mart or Target. I do look forward to the fall release and I am sure I will enjoy it. If this hold up was due to legal reasons I don't know but I am confident that the push back was in part due to Stevie's release, which btw was also pushed back by Reprise to cash in on the FM tour.

"Chain keep us together."
Old 05-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Except for movies, I just never hear about leaked video.
There's an enormous amount of leaked video of Fleetwood Mac that fans have. Concert footage, marketing film, outtakes of commercially available products, etc.

We could compile our own DVD package of "Rumours."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There's an enormous amount of leaked video of Fleetwood Mac that fans have. Concert footage, marketing film, outtakes of commercially available products, etc.

We could compile our own DVD package of "Rumours."
Yes, I'm grateful for all our bootleg stuff. But I mean the kind of thing you were threatening Liz with, with us getting snippets of a planned DVD release before its available for sale. Like the pirates who got that X-Men movie.

Michele
Old 05-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I'm grateful for all our bootleg stuff. But I mean the kind of thing you were threatening Liz with, with us getting snippets of a planned DVD release before its available for sale.
You're assuming that this package is going to contain a bunch of footage that none of us has ever seen, whereas I'm assuming it's going to contain a bunch of footage that the band thinks we have never seen but that we in fact have already had for years.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You're assuming that this package is going to contain a bunch of footage that none of us has ever seen, whereas I'm assuming it's going to contain a bunch of footage that the band thinks we have never seen but that we in fact have already had for years.
Audio wise, you didn't have Mick the Screecher before, did you??

You're right about what video we might get. Even then I'd be grateful if we got first generation on a DVD, instead of the 30th generation copies I have, mostly on VHS. But the truth is the DVD won't even be long enough to contain much of what I'd really want. I guess they can only get about 4 hours on there.

Michele
Old 05-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I -- didn't ... no.
Life was good, up till that point, in fact.

Quote:
You're right about what video we might get. Even then I'd be grateful if we got first generation on a DVD, instead of the 30th generation copies I have, mostly on VHS. But the truth is the DVD won't even be long enough to contain much of what I'd really want. I guess they can only get about 4 hours on there.
The stuff I'd want (for example, the 1978 & 1979 Landover gigs) is undoubtedly stuff that the band would be horrified to know we actually already have.

I can't imagine Stevie would be happy about the fact that we have her whole US Festival 2 show on DVD, either.

I must say, however, that I was very surprised Stevie & her team released the studio footage they did for her Crystal Visions package.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele

That was a real treat! I know I waited years for a clear re-mastered version of that!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Even tho there is no sound on it, I would love to see the hand held camera video of The Day On The Green's Rhiannon from 1976. And not just the snippets we've seen but the Whole song.