Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-23-2019, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

update from Kristen: https://twitter.com/KBChrush/status/1099465195993231360

"I know everyone would like an update on how Lindsey is doing. Considering the massively invasive surgery, he is doing really well. Each day things get a little easier, but it is a slow process and sometimes a frustrating one. Thank you so much for all the love and light❤️❤️❤️"
Old 02-23-2019, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Update from Kristen just posted on Twitter

I know everyone would like an update on how Lindsey is doing. Considering the massively invasive surgery, he is doing really well. Each day things get a little easier, but it is a slow process and sometimes a frustrating one. Thank you so much for all the love and light❤️❤️❤️💫
Old 02-23-2019, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awww. I appreciate her candor.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Our prayers were answered.

I'm just happy knowing he's doing fine.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
update from Kristen: https://twitter.com/KBChrush/status/1099465195993231360

"I know everyone would like an update on how Lindsey is doing. Considering the massively invasive surgery, he is doing really well. Each day things get a little easier, but it is a slow process and sometimes a frustrating one. Thank you so much for all the love and light❤️❤️❤️"
embedding the tweet too:

💖 huge love and thanks to KB for giving us an update. she really has no obligation to do this, with everything else Bucks have going on in their lives right now. incredibly grateful to her for taking the time to actually do this.

all the 💓 to Buckinghams!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-23-2019, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
embedding the tweet too:

💖 huge love and thanks to KB for giving us an update. she really has no obligation to do this, with everything else Bucks have going on in their lives right now. incredibly grateful to her for taking the time to actually do this.

all the 💓 to Buckinghams!

Amen 🙏 to that! Thank you for your update and prayers continue for Lindsey.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Update from Kristen just posted on Twitter

I know everyone would like an update on how Lindsey is doing. Considering the massively invasive surgery, he is doing really well. Each day things get a little easier, but it is a slow process and sometimes a frustrating one. Thank you so much for all the love and light❤️❤️❤️💫
I do love this woman💗. Keep getting better Lindsey, we’re all cheering you on!!
Old 02-24-2019, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
embedding the tweet too:

�� huge love and thanks to KB for giving us an update. she really has no obligation to do this, with everything else Bucks have going on in their lives right now. incredibly grateful to her for taking the time to actually do this.

all the �� to Buckinghams!

Very true, and really gracious of her to reply to his fans.

You're right elle, it's a whole lot of work and dr appts and physical therapy or whatever else on their plate to manage every day.

I imagine he's not the type of person who likes being unable to do what he wants to do so I can understand the frustration bit. And of course as we get older our bodies take a bit longer to heal than they did in our 20s.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Even when the surgery is planned and there has been a bit of time to prepare (mentally and physically), it’s a difficult recovery. I’m sure having it happen under emergency circumstances makes it an even greater challenge
Old 02-24-2019, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Even when the surgery is planned and there has been a bit of time to prepare (mentally and physically), it’s a difficult recovery. I’m sure having it happen under emergency circumstances makes it an even greater challenge
Emotions are totally different. With a planned surgery, even though it's difficult for the patient and the family, you have extra time to organize everything. When you undergo emergency surgery, emotions usually run higher. You move forward because you have to, and because you have to put a brave face in front of the patient, but on the inside you want to scream and go to bed and wake up the next year.

It's a great challenge not only for the patient but for the family as well. My sister underwent 1 emergency surgery and 12 planned, so my perspective is from the family side. Can't even imagine what's like on the patient side.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-09-2019, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This week I spoke to a man who had a heart attack in December at only 45 years old. He was recovering well but was very fatigued. He said just walking up the stairs in his house exhausted him. He said he might have to get a stint.

He is a long haul trucker and, yes, he was under a lot of job stress when the heart attack occurred.

I never watched 90210, but I was shaken by Luke Perry’s death just because of his youth. Time has become such an enemy.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Emotions are totally different. With a planned surgery, even though it's difficult for the patient and the family, you have extra time to organize everything. When you undergo emergency surgery, emotions usually run higher. You move forward because you have to, and because you have to put a brave face in front of the patient, but on the inside you want to scream and go to bed and wake up the next year.

It's a great challenge not only for the patient but for the family as well. My sister underwent 1 emergency surgery and 12 planned, so my perspective is from the family side. Can't even imagine what's like on the patient side.
I hope your sister's surgeries go well and she has quick healing. Sounds like she has a challenging journey ahead.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I hope your sister's surgeries go well and she has quick healing. Sounds like she has a challenging journey ahead.
She has three neurological diseases and we were told many times that she’s way past her life expectancy. That’s why when I see people not wanting to talk to each other or to share the same stage ever again I wonder if they know how lucky they are for all those shared memories and how stupid they’re being now.

Thanks for your nice wishes.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This week I spoke to a man who had a heart attack in December at only 45 years old. He was recovering well but was very fatigued. He said just walking up the stairs in his house exhausted him. He said he might have to get a stint.

He is a long haul trucker and, yes, he was under a lot of job stress when the heart attack occurred.

I never watched 90210, but I was shaken by Luke Perry’s death just because of his youth. Time has become such an enemy.
i googled Walter Egan's open heart surgery - according to the article that came up he had a triple bypass on Oct 10, 2014. i do think his surgery was elective and not emergency though, just remembering from his facebook posts at the time. i saw him perform live in DC on 5/28/2015. less than 7 months after his open heart surgery. i asked him about the surgery too at the time. he was in great shape and seems to have been since.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-09-2019, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am optimistic about Lindsey’s heart and future vitality. I think he will recover because he’s stubborn and wants to prove a point. I am also excited about the insights and music these events will have inspired.

I am worried about his voice though. But goodness it can’t be worse than Elizabethtown.