The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2003, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Where are the HAPPY people hiding today?

I know we've been told how there were hundreds of them last presale who were afraid to post for fear of being attacked by the people who did so poorly.

Since he's worked so hard to clean out all the complainers and negative members, what do you suppose is holding back the hundreds of HAPPY people from posting today?

Where oh where could they possibly be?
Old 03-27-2003, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ya know, it is hard to say...maybe they are trying on their new shirts, or watering their plants...hehehe
Old 03-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, what a good question! My guess is that Jonathan Todd is typing furiously at his computer right now in an effort to bring them to life! We'll probably see them soon in yet another locked thread!

In the meantime, I discovered this post:

7 General / First Time Here? / aggravated first time user on: Today at 8:36pm
Started by Cheryl | Last post by Cheryl
I recently bought my membership. All day today my fan club user id isn't recognized to buy tickets. Then I try to post a reply and am told I'm banned from the forum. I have absolutely no idea why. I don't understand why a first time user who makes an error is banned, especially when they don't even know what they did.

WAY TO GO, FAN CLUB!
Old 03-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking That's easy...

Quote:
Originally posted by SaraRhiannon
Yes, what a good question! My guess is that Jonathan Todd is typing furiously at his computer right now in an effort to bring them to life! We'll probably see them soon in yet another locked thread!

In the meantime, I discovered this post:

7 General / First Time Here? / aggravated first time user on: Today at 8:36pm
Started by Cheryl | Last post by Cheryl
I recently bought my membership. All day today my fan club user id isn't recognized to buy tickets. Then I try to post a reply and am told I'm banned from the forum. I have absolutely no idea why. I don't understand why a first time user who makes an error is banned, especially when they don't even know what they did.

WAY TO GO, FAN CLUB!
This person was probably banned because over there in "Iraq", Oops...I meant "over there" their MONEY-HUNGRY leader Saddam, Oops...I meant "the Kn-kn-kn-kn-knight" does not tolerate the OPPRESSED to speak out against his regime...I betcha this person already had their tongue pulled out for speaking against "His highness" & his hordes...LMAO!!!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-27-2003, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This person was probably banned because over there in "Iraq", Oops...I meant "over there" their MONEY-HUNGRY leader Saddam, Oops...I meant "the Kn-kn-kn-kn-knight" does not tolerate the OPPRESSED to speak out against his regime...I betcha this person already had their tongue pulled out for speaking against "His highness" & his hordes...LMAO!!!!!
Right....like the reason why the second sale was delayed...rigghhhttt.....more like what was in that news report. But, hey, we are dumb, and guliable and manipulatable..(is that a word? well, now it is)

Last edited by seeknpeace; 03-27-2003 at 10:56 PM..
Old 03-27-2003, 11:19 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Re: Where are the HAPPY people hiding today?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cour
I know we've been told how there were hundreds of them last presale who were afraid to post for fear of being attacked by the people who did so poorly.

Since he's worked so hard to clean out all the complainers and negative members, what do you suppose is holding back the hundreds of HAPPY people from posting today?

Where oh where could they possibly be?
I think everyone wore themselves out being angry with the first presale. I knew what to expect with the second presale, my expectations were lowered. I knew I had already been screwed.

I ended up buying the same tickets, during the Fan Club Presale, that I had turned down 3 days earlier, during the venue presale.

Live and learn. After observing the world events of the last week, I have come to the conclusion that it is just $60.00, and they are just concert tickets. Karma will take care of Knight and his cronies.
I have more important things to get worked up over.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Karma will take care of Knight and his cronies.
You are so right...I am glad that you are able to relax now. Sometimes you have to choose your battles, and this one may not be yours. But, karma has a lot of friends in this battle. Just relax. We have to try to get back our tour spirit and love of the band, and to have ourselves and what happened to some of us noted, then we can all be life as usual maybe?
Old 03-28-2003, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question ThousandS?

I admit I don't know much about it because I didn't take part in the presale or anything but the part I find funny is that he said he had 600 tickets or something like that in total for all the venues so how can "thousands" write in saying "how happy they are the club did right by them (etc.)? Even if EVERY SINGLE buyer was happy and felt the need to write in to praise the club, that's not even a single thousand, let alone thousandS (plural). That's false advertising in itself!

John
Old 03-28-2003, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he had 600 tickets or something like that in total for all the venues so how can "thousands" write in saying "how happy they are the club did right by them (
Hey there...I reread that a couple of times when he first posted it and I thought he was saying that he had 600 per venue. ??
Old 03-28-2003, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile OOPS

Quote:
Originally posted by seeknpeace
Hey there...I reread that a couple of times when he first posted it and I thought he was saying that he had 600 per venue. ??
You're probbaly right, my mstake, I admit I had no intention of going to a show in the first place so I didn't really pay that close attention to what he said. Sorry for the mixup.

John
Old 03-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
BWA-HA-HA!!!!!

Quote:
You are so right...I am glad that you are able to relax now. Sometimes you have to choose your battles, and this one may not be yours. But, karma has a lot of friends in this battle. Just relax. We have to try to get back our tour spirit and love of the band, and to have ourselves and what happened to some of us noted, then we can all be life as usual maybe?
YOU are so right...after yesterday, I am drained! My BS basket is full. This whole thing really make me sick to my stomach. Anyone have a little icon for a disgusted face barfing?

Although tickets.com and I had several e-mail exchanges yesterday, I still have not been offered any explanation or solution. Has it worked for anyone else here? Go ahead and try it, let me know.

*heavy sigh* I was wondering, all those people on Mick's board - where have they been all these years?? After 6 years of being a Ledgie and seeing a lot of people come and go, they certainly don't seem like current or former Ledgies...I kinda feel sorry for them.

Oh, and Doc, I see you on the board now - fyi - I honestly don't believe that any of the Ledgies felt betrayed that the Penguin wasn't chosen to be the official site. I don't believe anyone here felt slighted or was angry over that. The trouble began with the first presale - when everyone realized that the fan club wasn't really coming through for the fans at all. And once we figured out that The Knight and Jonathan Todd are the same person, and the fan club does not have a message board of its own, everyone vented to the Knight (rightfully so). It's just a coincedence that most of us happened to be long-time Ledgies. There is a sense of community and togetherness here. From the get-go, I've always felt an *icky* vibe whenever I lurked on Mick's board. Most of us here have strong bonds, on and off this board. I refuse to let The Knight or his minions spoil that for me.

Last edited by Livia; 03-28-2003 at 12:36 PM..
Old 03-28-2003, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
*heavy sigh* I was wondering, all those people on Mick's board - where have they been all these years?? They certainly don't seem like current or former Ledgies...
But, Livia, haven't you heard? We are a conspiracy, us here at the Ledge, that banded together and decided to reek havoc on Micks board and cause trouble. (someone there noted that we supposedly planned to do it in 1998? Boy, we sure have long memories and that sure gave us a long time to make plans) I did not get the memo...uh...did you?

Well, alls I can say is that if that is what they want to think, then fine. Talk about paranoid. But, nonetheless, for the record, I have been a Ledgie since 2001 and until all this crap had posted maybe 10 times.. and never posted on Micks site until I needed to find out about the famed secret poster that was to be included in their presale cd, that was **TOP** secret, great marketing there. So, I guess I am a trouble maker cause I wanted to know if what the Fix was reporting was true before I committed. It started a problem and I guess the whole fiasco over there is my fault. Ok, I take it. Gladly. Now, we just have to figure out what to do with all this power.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Livia asked...

and she now will receive (LOL!!!):

Brian""J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-28-2003, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seeknpeace - I hear ya! See the paragraph I just added to my post above...
Old 03-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

THANKS, BRIAN!!!!!!!!!

I feel soooo much better now.