Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-26-2003, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Steal Your Heart Away up on FM.com

Just letting everyone know that the full version of Steal Your Heart Away is up at fleetwoodmac.com. You can get to it and use the same "trick" as before with Smile at You to save it on your computer.

I'm really impressed with Stevie's vocals on this album. So far they are all (well, maybe not the beginning of Destiny Rules) much higher and clearer (for lack of a better word) than we've heard in a while. SYHA is another example of this, especially towards the end where you can really hear her singing in the background.

Brad
Old 03-26-2003, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That's great, thanks Brad.

Come on, give us RTTG already!!!!

EDIT: I just listened to it and it's great. Like you said Brad the end is great - it has a great new b/g vocal chorus arrangement going - lovely sound, so reminiscent of Christine but assumably Lindsey.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 03-26-2003 at 02:37 AM..
Old 03-26-2003, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the heads-up, Brad... it's very much appreciated.

Since we're all on the Honor System here, and will be buying the album when it's released, here's the link if anyone needs it....
http://www.fleetwoodmac.com/mp3/02.mp3

The song sounds great (but then, it's always been one of my favorites from the 'GoS' recordings).
The addition of Stevie's vocals gives it that extra "special something" that her vocals always provide... but, at the same time, they're not obtrusive at all, and I think everyone will be pleased.

And Joe, I'm pretty sure that *is* Christine contributing some backing vocals, leftover from '96.

Johnny Stew
Old 03-26-2003, 04:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Totally loving this! They sound so good together!

Pip
Old 03-26-2003, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default cool..

thanks Johnny Stew.. I've always loved this song, and I would have been content if they would have used the original version.. but it's good to hear Stevie singing, especially at the end - "is that all there is..."

p.s. am I like the only one on the planet who actually loves Stevie's rough growl at the beginning of 'Destiny Rules?" (did I say growl??)

:-)
Old 03-26-2003, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the info Brad and thanks for posting the link Johnny Stew! I just listened to it. I really like it. It sounds like it could have fit on "Mirage."

Travis
Old 03-26-2003, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like it. You sure can hear Chris is it. Stevie and Lindsey fit together like a glove.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: cool..

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith
p.s. am I like the only one on the planet who actually loves Stevie's rough growl at the beginning of 'Destiny Rules?" (did I say growl??)

:-)
Although it is growing on me, I really do not care for Destiny Rules that much. I do not know what she was thinking with that opening vocal or those recycled lyrics she apparently loves (arms around you, just to make sure, etc." I also feel the same about LB's vocals on What's the World Coming To - but it is also growing one me. But - lots apparently really like these songs - so . . . I suppose I could be wrong (puff puff).

Note: I am still reeling from the omission of the sublime Space Needle 9no I will not let it go!!! ); it just begged for LB to make it more magical than the demo. Instead, we get the, in my opinion, mediocre Destiny Rules and What's the World Coming TO. AARRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!.

Having said that, I like much better the music on the live clip of Destiny Rules in the FM/com clip. I also really like some of the lyrics in Destiny Rules like "And the spirits are ruthless with the paths they choose."

P.S. I love Steal Your Heart Away. It is greatness and could be a single!!! Also, why does Stevie not use that voice - this harmony voice is far more pleasant than the "monotonal" voice she used in Destiny Rules, Say You Will (although I really like what I have heard of Say You Will), and the majority of TISL. Come on Stevie sing it like you mean it!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 03-26-2003 at 10:27 AM..
Old 03-26-2003, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Thanks Johnny Stew!

This is one of my personal all time favorite songs, as it has some sentimental value. So to hear it enhanced like this is awesome .
Funny how the record company clogged the p2p's with fake files but now they're basically giving free decent quality mp3s out (or at least a free listen as they might see it). What ever happened to that ridiculous $1.49 deal? Have they moved on past Peacekeeper? Hasn't it been weeks? Was this just for fan club members?

BTW... Travis, I love your Stevie smiles. That's so cool (I can't remember if I told you this already).
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 03-26-2003, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Thanks Johnny Stew!

Quote:
Originally posted by ERigby818
This is one of my personal all time favorite songs, as it has some sentimental value. So to hear it enhanced like this is awesome .
Funny how the record company clogged the p2p's with fake files but now they're basically giving free decent quality mp3s out (or at least a free listen as they might see it). What ever happened to that ridiculous $1.49 deal? Have they moved on past Peacekeeper? Hasn't it been weeks? Was this just for fan club members?

BTW... Travis, I love your Stevie smiles. That's so cool (I can't remember if I told you this already).
-Sonia
Hi Sonia!

I can't take credit for the Stevie smiles, I "borrowed" it from the nicksfix, hehe

And a few days ago, I too asked the question about the $1.49 mp3's Reprise was offering but no one replied. Perhaps no one knows. But to my knowledge, they haven't offered one since "Peacekeeper."

Travis
Old 03-26-2003, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really liked the solo version of this song. I'm glad they didn't change it. It only sounds better with the addition of Stevie's background vocals. Wow. And I love hearing Chris in there, even though I'm not depressed that she's not on the whole album.

Thanks Brad and Johnny Stew!

I can't wait to hear the entire album on my stereo speakers. I can only imagine how awesome it's going to sound.

~Angela~
Old 03-26-2003, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Link?

The link posted earlier in this thread doesn't work anymore? that is odd..I mean i have it saved from my TIF...but the link was so much easier..

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 03-26-2003, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know ~ I tried the link but it didn't work

"Everyone born in the month of February thinks they are right!" Quote from a lady at the table next to us at Don Pablo's!!

http://www.myspace.com/catherinetuliano
Old 03-26-2003, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm.....maybe they are onto us?!

Pip
Old 03-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe they are Anyone who needs it can email me at SarahxScarlet@aol.com Just remember you have to have a big enough mailbox...Yahoo,Hotmail and Cox.net can't handle it...don't know about any others...

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks