Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2003, 01:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Question Lady From The Mountain...

For any of the demo/outtake collectors on the board, would you all please check see how many different versions of this song you have?...Currently I have 7 different versions...

Last edited by thewhitewingedd; 01-21-2007 at 12:15 AM..
Old 03-29-2003, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I also have seven versions of this song. Four from the masters, 2 from 1-20-86 with the "new age" sound and then another random one that is 5:47 long that sounds like it is from the masters but not on my copy. I really like this song. The "did she call out, did she say please save me" and the "burn it out" lyrics are my favorite part. I like the "new age" sounding one too although my copy of those two isn't very clear. Maybe we'll get to hear the finished product someday. BTW, were the masters cuts from the Bella Donna sessions?
Old 03-29-2003, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

I'm afraid I won't be much help, but I want to share that you've given me a "Stevie moment" - those somewhat eerie connections between her songs & our lives (and her own, like how she knew to put bird lyrics in "Rhiannon").
LFTM is my favorite song, passing Nightbird & The Highwayman & a few others. Earlier today I listed my favorite Stevie songs, Christine songs, and Lindsey songs, & this was #1 out of all of them. I was listening to it just before I got out of the car just now, thinking what a weird song it is to be a favorite. (I just love the lyrics, the vocals, the building tension, the badse, everything.) I walked in, logged on, came to this site, & saw this post 1st thing. It's like Stevie herself reached through my monitor & told me it's okay to have a special connection with this very odd song.
Or maybe it's just a friggin' coincidence.

Anyway, I only have two versions - both I'm sure from the 80s. I like them both, but I definitely prefer one over the other.

- Jake
'
Old 03-29-2003, 12:21 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:43 PM
Ledgie

this is one that I don't have at all
sounds like a must... if anyone would like to send it.. my addy is silversprings9@aol.com

april~(*
Old 03-29-2003, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
Maybe we have the same versions, it seems that way anyway from what you described but that bootset that was going around labeled as Masters 1-20-86 is a complete mistake. That is the wrong date, most of those were recorded between 75 & 81, and the Sorcerer Master on that set is from the Buckingham/Nicks era...There are all master tracks but just mislabeled...

You know I wish Stevie would come out with a list off all the demos and give us the dates and sessions with them...

Ok..so thats not going to happen...Oh well

Adam
You know, I always thought those songs sounded "earlier" in her career. The only one that might be accurate for that date is Are You Mine. That was RAL era, wasn't it?
I bet even Stevie would be hard pressed to remember when she recorded many of these songs. I have always thought there are more in the vault than we've ever heard.
Old 03-29-2003, 02:37 PM
thewhitewingedd
Old 03-29-2003, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
You know, I always thought those songs sounded "earlier" in her career. The only one that might be accurate for that date is Are You Mine. That was RAL era, wasn't it?
I bet even Stevie would be hard pressed to remember when she recorded many of these songs. I have always thought there are more in the vault than we've ever heard.
I have a "Lady from the Mountain" that was probably recorded in 1985. Great performance, but poor sound quality, though.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:15 PM
thewhitewingedd