Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2003, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peacekeeper on this week's charts

http://www.rronline.com/Charts/trpa_Home.htm

http://www.rronline.com/Charts/ac_Home.htm

http://www.rronline.com/Charts/hac_Home.htm

Above are links to the new charts from Radio and Records which is the radio industry airplay staple...

Peacekeeper reamained at #93 on the billboard hot 100 for a second week. Like I had written about previously a dent in that particular chart will be difficult.

However, Peacekeeper is doing exceptionally well on the above listed airplay charts. It is # 10 on the Adult Alternative chart which tracks formats that play bands like Dave Mathews, Counting Crows, etc. #15 on the AC chart and #23 on the Hot AC chart. Its increased plays in all these formats are impressive.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just thought I'd post some additional Billboard info.
"Peacekeeper" leaps to #17 from #24 on the Adult Contemporary chart _ quite impressive given the glacial progress of most songs up and down that chart.
Even more impressively, it went to #23 from #34 on the Adult Top 40, also a slow-moving chart.
And although it stalled at #93 on the Hot 100, it still has a bullet (meaning it had "an increase in detections over the previous week, regardless of chart movement"). Anyway, like others have said, I'm pleasantly shocked that they got on that chart at all.
Go Mac!
Old 03-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am SO impressed with the performance of the single right now- what I found most interesting, though, is their appearance on the single SALES chart- did anybody else post this from the magazine?

Billboard, March 29
Singles Minded column, pg. 55-

MAC ATTACK: Last issue we mentioned that Madonna's upcoming "American Life" was poised to become the first paid download track to debut on Hot 100 Singles Sales when transmissions are sent to customers via her Web site later this month. We overlooked the popularity of Madonna's labelmate Fleetwood Mac, which as been offering downloads for "Peacekeeper" at fleetwoodmac.com for $1.49. The digital transmissions were sent out last week, and the final tally is 1,500 paid downloads- good enough for a No. 11 debut on the sales chart. "Peacekeeper" also debuts at No. 93 on the Hot 100 with an additional audience of 10.8 million listener impressions.

How cool is that?!?

Then again, how totally sad is it that selling 1500 copies of a single is enough to chart at #11.

-Hayley
Old 03-27-2003, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I live in the UK and have never understood how your charts work... When someone releases a book, which gives you the chart positions of songs (like many already do), where will it say Peacekeeper got to over there?
Old 03-27-2003, 08:27 PM
Junior Ledgie

im a little lost on the hole chart thing to and i live in america!!...right in good old PA!
Old 03-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza
I live in the UK and have never understood how your charts work... When someone releases a book, which gives you the chart positions of songs (like many already do), where will it say Peacekeeper got to over there?
I'm a little confused about what the question is. If you're asking how we know where songs chart on the charts in the U.S, there's the Billboard magazine for Billboard charts and the website for it, and for radio and records which ONLY charts how many times the song was played in selected formats for the week, there's also a website (I don't know if there's a magazine).

The singles charts for Billboard are run differently these days because people don't buy a lot of singles anymore. It's amazing if a single goes gold. So, Billboard also takes into account radio airplay. If you notice, some songs that raised a lot on the charts might have "Airpower" written above them, meaning getting played on the radio had much more of an effect on the song's position. I don't know how the balance is between airplay and sales. I hope this answers your question.