User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2003, 04:37 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Great News on Reissues!

Hi everyone,
Got this from a great music website called musicTAP.net.

Ready for some stuff?

We have talked at length about Fleetwood Mac and their upcoming new disc. but what about those classic ones? Well, Rhino/Warner is revisiting a few of those titles as Expanded and Remastered editions. The titles getting the overhaul are Fleetwood Mac/Fleetwood Mac with Tusk and Rumours becoming Deluxe Editions. That's upcoming and expected to street on June 24.
Old 03-27-2003, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That *is* great news, David... thanks for posting that.

Now let's just hope this comes to pass.

Johnny Stew
Old 03-27-2003, 04:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Great News on Reissues!

Quote:
Originally posted by David2000
Hi everyone,

Ready for some stuff?

We have talked at length about Fleetwood Mac and their upcoming new disc. but what about those classic ones? Well, Rhino/Warner is revisiting a few of those titles as Expanded and Remastered editions. The titles getting the overhaul are Fleetwood Mac/Fleetwood Mac with Tusk and Rumours becoming Deluxe Editions. That's upcoming and expected to street on June 24.
YES! I'd love to have Tusk remastered. Thanks for the info.

Nae
Old 03-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What does expanded mean in this context? Extended versions of some songs?
Old 03-27-2003, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yea me too Tusk being remastered would be sick.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Expanded Editions...

usually consist of extra tracks (ie-Live tracks, studio outtakes, etc.) and usually have great packaging compared to the original versions...

I hope this comes to past, Should be great to see & hear, Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-27-2003, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Re: Great News on Reissues!

Quote:
Originally posted by David2000
Hi everyone,

Ready for some stuff?

Thanks for the heads up David2000.

I must say, I find this very surprising, I'm going to go e mail David McLees at Rhino to see if I can find out what's going on.

John
Old 03-28-2003, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Thanks for the news David

Thanks John - it will be interesting to see what David McLees says, after the whole line previously being that we'd have to wait out for a label change.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation THANKS RODEO

OK, I e mailed last night so it should be there for him this morning. I said I'd give him two weeks to respond to the e mail and if he doesn't, I'd send it to him via hard copy registered mail and then if he didn't answer that in two weeks from the date of their receiving the letter, I would have to say to you guys that "I never got an answer" in which case, I said to him "I would imagine that this large fan base for which I speak would want to find out from you directly and I'd like to keep clear communication going from you to me which I then relay to the fan base". Sorry for coming across as the one "speaking for us" but I was just trying to lay it on thick that he'd be better off telling me about it and then I pass it on to you guys rather than having a bunch of letters from you guys multiplying his work load so I hope this will bring an answer of some kind and of course, I hope some of you can back me up on that claim that you'd write to him then to at least prove that "we mean what we say" if it should come that time where he ignores out "joint" reply in which case he may be forced to deal with it should he get separate letters. OK?

I admit that I was surprised and disappointed in a way that it does appear as though they have decided to press on without our assistance/suggestions/whatever but going by Rhino's past record expanding albums on remasters etc., I would imagine we'll be fairly happy with the stuff they may stick on the end of these discs. I guess there is the hope they may ask our feedback on any future Mac titles they may do and even if they don't, as I've mentioned before (ad nauseum) at least we can walk away from this knowing that we TRIED to get involved in some way and won't always have to think "what if...?". I know I've butted heads with some of you on this and you may still feel that if you had written to him yourself that something could have been done, but I was honestly just trying to save you the trouble of getting back the same letter I got on this stating about the label changes etc. (which I still have and will scan here if no one belives me and wants to see if for themselves). That was in Sept of 2001 and in his reply to that letter, he had told me to follow up wth him at the beginning of 2002, which I did and he just sent a quick e mail saying "thanks for your dilligence but nothing has changed on this matter yet" or something to that effect. I had sent him two e mails spread out over the latter part of 2002 adding suggestions of "known and able to document items" that should be added to such discs (like the vinyl album mix of "I know I'm not wrong" for "Tusk" etc.) but received no reply to either e mail and then this story appeared.

At most he may think I want a "thanks" on the album credits which I don't. Even if they DID let us get involved, I wasn't after "thanks" credits, I just wanted to get the rare/unreleased stuff out on these disc like the majority of us here and who knows maybe he'll get back to us with some promising news but if he didn't answer my "lighter" letters then I'm not optimistic about getting good answers from this one as I did inquire "just out of curiosity and wanting to learn about how the music business works in this fashion (etc.)" about "WHY it is now OK that these reissues can take place due to the fact that we last understood that FM had to be away from the WB family in order for this to take place?" but I'll be surprised if this "simply curious" question DOESN'T fall on deaf ears. I had also expressed my confusion on the timing of these releases as he had also stated previously that if they WERE to do back catalog reissues while FM was still signed to the WB family, that they couldn't "clash" with the release and marketing push on the new FM album and it appears as though, if this June 24 release date is correct on these reissues that these rereleases will be doing just that, I'll be surprised if he addresses this issue as well (even though ChiliD and I had given him the idea of how to issue the disc in a way that would not clash with the new album), maybe he stole our idea, but I guess that's life in regards to all of this and not much we can do about it. I wish they had been more cooperative on this but we can't control what they do decide and hopefully he will get back to me soon and I will let you all know though the minute I get a reply from him (if I do get one) and if I don't then please do back up my (what will most likey be thought of by them as an) "idle threat" in a month and write to him so he'll know "we meant what we said" if nothing else and then as I say he maybe would then be forced to do/say something to "stop the deluge" of paperwork that would come his way. A month is probably too long, but I don't want it to be said that he was out of town, didn't have the chance to reply or anything like that you know? So we'll see what happens and you'll know when I know anything more about it.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 03-28-2003 at 09:36 AM..
Old 03-28-2003, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I HOPE this is true, but I'll believe it when I see it. I wonder if this would the affect the supposed DVD-audio releases that Ken Caillat may be working on.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks John. We must have been posting at the same time and I didn't see your post until I was finished. If this is true, it's certainly a surprise. Please let us know what you find out, if anything.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

We'll do macfan.

I wouldn't think these would interfere with the DVD Audios and if they did, they may release those later as I still don't know what the release date for the DVD Audio for "Tusk" is since it was just listed in "ICE" as a "future possibility" you know? They didn't say anything about the Tusk DVD-A coming out this summer (like these apparent expanded CD reissues) or anything but we'll see on that too I guess.

John