Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-18-2021, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
May I divert for a moment? Aleuzzi is not an underrated poster, that would be disrespectful to say. The absolute perfect member to this longtime community forum. Always spot on, respectful, and never fills the thread with tiresome, trite responses that clog the conversation. For my mind, one of the absolute best we have here.
I know, sometimes I wanna fly out to the cold and snow and give her a big hug and kiss.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I know, sometimes I wanna fly out to the cold and snow and give her a big hug and kiss.
Her? He is a published poet and culture critic.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-18-2021, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
One thing should be noted. According to Stevie, Christine was willing and eager to work on SAY YOU WILL, but was not willing to tour. Mick and Lindsey argued that this would not bode well for the band’s future. If they’d toured live without her new music, fans might get pissed. They had a point: if they were to survive the retirement of Christine McVie then they had to go full bore without her. But just imagine how awesome SAY YOU WILL would have been had she been allowed to participate!
there's your mistake.

although it might be true. i always thought that was true, but if that's just "according to Stevie" then now i have to doubt it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-18-2021, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine was speaking honestly in that BBC interview. Her comments were very likely based on conversations she has had with various band members.

It is equally likely that Irving Azoff and Mick blew gaskets for different reasons. Azoff is looking out for the viability of his start client (Stevie). Fleetwood refuses to let the Mac torch die, no matter how low the flame burns to the wick.

I’m sure Stevie was pissed by Christine’s comments, too.

I, in turn, applaud Christine for being the same candid, and occasionally loose-lipped conversationalist she has always been.
all perfectly said, and probably all very close to what happened.

it is really sad that Christine, main FM hitmaker, musical legend and a grand dame of RnR, even after FM is basically over and done, with all her money at 78, has to publicly eat her words and bow down to these people.

hope that 2018-19 tour money was worth it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-18-2021, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I think you need to go back and re-read what I wrote, because what I was saying was exactly what you are saying...

I said that if he thinks he can hang on and turn his solo project yet again into a FM project, he needs to get a kick from one of his wife's horses.... as in, a kick in the head, as in, bad idea. As in, release your damned solo album already.

Here's a direct cut and paste:

"That's what's frustrating about LB-- he's the one who actually seems to WANT to keep creating, and certainly can without the band, and isn't.... If he has any remote dreams that yet another LB solo album can morph into a big FM project/album he needs one of his wife's horses to give him a swift kick. Get on with it already."
ah! yeah must have read too fast and was like - man i didn't expect that from you!

Old 02-18-2021, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default nice article but argh about final 5 tour

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...mpression=true

Flashback: Fleetwood Mac Play ‘Little Lies’ on 2014 Reunion Tour With Christine McVie

The singer recently walked back comments indicating that the group might never tour again

ANDY GREENE
FEBRUARY 18, 2021 11:42AM EST

The future of Fleetwood Mac seemed to be in doubt last week when Christine McVie told the BBC that the band might never tour again. “If we do, it will be without John [McVie] and without Stevie [Nicks], I think,” she said. “I think I’m getting a bit too old for it now, especially having had a year off. I don’t know if I can get myself back into it again.”

She went on to explain that John McVie was “feeling a little bit frail” and didn’t have “the heart for it anymore” and that Mick Fleetwood was the only remaining Rumours-era member who would definitely be up for another tour. The off-the-cuff remarks created headlines all over the world, and she walked them back yesterday in a statement to Rolling Stone.

“In no way are any members of Fleetwood Mac ‘done’ with being part of the band,” she said. “If anyone took that from my statement, that was a misperception and not intended. Fleetwood Mac is part of the DNA of who I am, and I know the same is true for Stevie, Mick and John. As for future touring………Who knows. We continue to hope for the best.”

The future of Fleetwood Mac has been a murky thing for decades now and the touring lineup changes with great regularity. Despite all the shows they’ve done in the past 35 years, they’ve only gone out with the complete Rumours line-up for the brief Dance tour in 1997 and the 2014–15 On With the Show outing. All the other tours were either missing Christine McVie or Lindsey Buckingham. And even that’s discounting the 1995 tour that was just Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and a bunch of ringers playing dates with REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar.

Christine McVie Clarifies 'Misperception' That Fleetwood Mac Is 'Done'

Here’s video of McVie singing the 1987 Fleetwood Mac hit “Little Lies” at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia on October 15th, 2014. It was a glorious tour that welcomed her back into the fold after a 17-year break and played 120 dates all over the world. But the band booted out Lindsey Buckingham prior to the next one in 2018.

As McVie says herself, nobody knows what the future holds for Fleetwood Mac. But with everyone now in their seventies, there’s only so many remaining years where all five of them will be fit to handle the strains of a world tour. Let’s hope they find a way to make peace with Lindsey Buckingham and give the fans a proper farewell tour while it’s still possible.

Old 02-18-2021, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Her? He is a published poet and culture critic.
I know Tony is a 'he'. We chat often so that was just a little inside joke.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Oh god, I clicked on this link expecting some Richard Thompson bull**** that no one asked for. Ever asks for. Insufferable.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
May I divert for a moment? Aleuzzi is not an underrated poster, that would be disrespectful to say. The absolute perfect member to this longtime community forum. Always spot on, respectful, and never fills the thread with tiresome, trite responses that clog the conversation. For my mind, one of the absolute best we have here.
Why thank you! I’m flattered. Seriously
Old 02-18-2021, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Oh god, I clicked on this link expecting some Richard Thompson bull**** that no one asked for. Ever asks for. Insufferable.
I posted this comment before I scrolled through the thread and lo and behold there he was. Ol' mate Thompson making a mention on the ledge again.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I know Tony is a 'he'. We chat often so that was just a little inside joke.
I know, my sister of the moon. We share a birthday and are the exact same age—so, you have latitude!
Old 02-18-2021, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
I posted this comment before I scrolled through the thread and lo and behold there he was. Ol' mate Thompson making a mention on the ledge again.
Aww...I love you too

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-18-2021, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ah! yeah must have read too fast and was like - man i didn't expect that from you!
I know, I was like, Wow, she cracked that LB-defense whip super fast!!!

Old 02-18-2021, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I know, my sister of the moon. We share a birthday and are the exact same age—so, you have latitude!
All that loneliness, well it's a thing of the past.
Old 02-19-2021, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stephen gets pretty good mileage out of it. But I never found out whether this was the Richard and Linda Thompson of that kinky little masterpiece “Shoot Out the Lights.” Stephen, could you clarify?

moviekinks.blogspot.com