User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincymike1 View Post
I agree with the thought of putting as few "Gift of Screws" songs as possible on the next release.

I would personally like to see "Twist of Fate" be on it, however we need as much new material as possible. Only negative to Under the Skin was it felt like there were only 5 new songs. That is not LB's fault, but any real fan has heard the torrent at this point so it would be best to put new songs out that were not part of the GOS project.
I agree that UTS has some "old" songs on it, but they are great songs and deserved their spot on an official release. I confess I tend to skip those when listening to UTS, but I'm glad they are there.

I hope all of the remaining GOS songs are included on the next release. I MUST have a clear, official release of Gift of Screws and Shuffle Riff!
Old 10-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope he skips the Stones-covers. But TOF, Shuffle riff( noone knows my name) and GOS are definately candidates. Steve's Riff and Given thing, finished, too.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Ledgie

So I think we all agree at this point that Shuffle Riff, Gift of Screws, Twist of Fate, Deep Dense, and Given Thing would be a good five to add to a 12 song cd. I would also have to add a vote for Wear You Down and Big Yellow Taxi on the next cd as well. Personal favorite is She Smiled Sweetly, but I figure if it didn't make UTS then there is no chance of it ever being released.

Good news is that I heard an interview with LB last night and he is definitely moving forward with his next solo project. He said he will definitely release it next year before he tours with the Mac in the Spring of '08.

Just out of curiousity....Carolina Girl are you the one who sat next to me and my brother at the Rynam concert in Nashville???
Old 10-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good news is that I heard an interview with LB last night and he is definitely moving forward with his next solo project. He said he will definitely release it next year before he tours with the Mac in the Spring of '08.
That is SO exciting to hear!!! At this point, I honestly only care about Lindsey. The touring with FM thing is cool but I want the new album and another tour by him (sorry if that's really greedy and selfish, but it's how I feel)...of course I'd take him with FM in a heartbeat, but only FM with Lindsey. I'm in LB cloud 9, what can I say?

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
So I think we all agree at this point that Shuffle Riff, Gift of Screws, Twist of Fate, Deep Dense, and Given Thing would be a good five to add to a 12 song cd. I would also have to add a vote for Wear You Down and Big Yellow Taxi on the next cd as well. Personal favorite is She Smiled Sweetly, but I figure if it didn't make UTS then there is no chance of it ever being released.

Just out of curiousity....Carolina Girl are you the one who sat next to me and my brother at the Rynam concert in Nashville???
That might have been me...there were two guys to the left of my husband and me, and a man and woman to our right. I moved up a row once the show started, and then up close to the stage a little later.

As for the Stones covers, I hope he includes Gotta Get Away on the next cd. Sounds like he is planning to, based on the interview from Guiter World that was posted.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Ledgie

Based on the interview....it sounds like both "Gotta Get Away" and "Singer Not the Song" are on the next album. It is hard to tell if he is saying it is just Gotta Get Away or both songs.

My personal belief is that we will never see the sequal to UTS as LB will turn the new project into the next Fleetwood Mac release. There is no way that the record company is going to promote back to back LB cds in less than a year. Keep in mind that he always has enjoyed telling interviewers that the FM material was plucked from one of his upcoming projects and there is no reason to think next year will be any different. I honestly think it gives him something fun to talk about in all of the hundreds of promotional interviews that he has to do whenever FM releases new material.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think it was my friends that asked about OOTC, lol!

And Brett isn't responsible for one certain OOTC song not appearing in the setlist, for sure...I talked to him outside in Chicago and somehow got to talking about songs we wished had been played... I brought up "Turn It On" because it's my favorite song (to where I have "The hurt that you feel makes you strong" tattooed on my lower back, lol) and he went "THAT'S WHAT I WANTED HIM TO PLAY!!!" but apparently Lindsey didn't think people would know it or something or other. Regardless, I encouraged Brett to try again as the person who puts the set together, LOL!

I think they get the idea now that people want to hear the OOTC songs...um, particularly from myself and my friends, hahaha, we were gunning hard for Soul Drifter, yelling it, we had a sign, when we talked to him in Cincy my friends mentioned it...yah... Well, perhaps the western shows will benefit? LOL!

~Bree

Follow me "on tour" this fall! www.ladylucky49.wordpress.com. Bloggin' the Seeds We Sow tour, from the view of a traveling fan.

http://baublesandbeadles.etsy.com ~*~Handmade Beaded Jewelry And Accessories

~~~The hurt that you feel makes you strong... Lindsey Buckingham~~~

Dancin' Across The USA: Lindsey Tour '06-'07
Ten shows. Ten thousand miles. My favorite song in the setlist. Hugs, kisses, and handshakes. Heaven.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
That is SO exciting to hear!!! At this point, I honestly only care about Lindsey. The touring with FM thing is cool but I want the new album and another tour by him (sorry if that's really greedy and selfish, but it's how I feel)...of course I'd take him with FM in a heartbeat, but only FM with Lindsey. I'm in LB cloud 9, what can I say?
I like the way you think! I'm feeling exactly the same way.

I'm not rightly sure we'll get a second ALBUM...but I am inclined to believe he might do another tour. At least another little one... We'll see, I suppose, but it's so darn hard to not get your hopes up now, isn't it??? It's just so freakin' awesome to get to see him solo live!!!

~Bree

Follow me "on tour" this fall! www.ladylucky49.wordpress.com. Bloggin' the Seeds We Sow tour, from the view of a traveling fan.

http://baublesandbeadles.etsy.com ~*~Handmade Beaded Jewelry And Accessories

~~~The hurt that you feel makes you strong... Lindsey Buckingham~~~

Dancin' Across The USA: Lindsey Tour '06-'07
Ten shows. Ten thousand miles. My favorite song in the setlist. Hugs, kisses, and handshakes. Heaven.