User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I wonder why he and Stevie never got back together during that single time. I mean all the lyrics are about each other. Certainly, that proves something!
too much bad blood.

she's said in interviews that things were said between them that never should have been said, and now can't ever be taken back. it poisoned the well. plus, honestly, they are just too different. opposites attract and all that, but back in the day they had the bond of a mutual goal of the success of their music to keep them together through rough spots. that's gone.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
too much bad blood.

she's said in interviews that things were said between them that never should have been said, and now can't ever be taken back. it poisoned the well. plus, honestly, they are just too different. opposites attract and all that, but back in the day they had the bond of a mutual goal of the success of their music to keep them together through rough spots. that's gone.
I love my ex, always will. And I can still write about him. But I would never never never get back with him. It would be hell. We are better off apart. Let's give it a try.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I wonder why he and Stevie never got back together during that single time. I mean all the lyrics are about each other. Certainly, that proves something!
I would laugh, but I am currently doing that myself about another celebrity couple. They officially announced their break up in July with a press release, but I am POSITIVE they are secretly together and I look for every single clue that reinforces my conviction.

For instance the guy posted a picture of himself on Instagram with a machete in his pocket and that SAME DAY the woman posted a picture of her hair being cut and the locks on the floor. Now, that means he cut her hair off with his machete right? Right? RIGHT?!

Michele
Old 11-27-2016, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
NOPE! By no means Say You Will is a better album than Behind The Mask. SYW is sound proof that Lindsey can't write a hook if his life depends on it and his outdated production antis ruined whatever Stevie brought to the table. And the whole thing sounds like a 80s Lindsey album, which imho is never a good thing.

Upgraded? Rather upgrated! Hear the demo for "Everywhere" as reference for Chistines ability to write a pop gem versus Lindseys messing around with it until it is so overproduced that your teeths hurt from all the sugarcoating.

I just saw this and I actually really strongly disagree with this. I think one of Lindsey's better abilities is how he writes hooks and just these really catchy bits and things in songs that make a big difference in songs. Not only in his songs but in stuff like Gypsy and Dreams, the parts added from his guitar I find to to be very essential to what makes the song.
And Holiday Road imo is the most infectiously catchy thing ever and it's essentially just hook over and over.

Maybe it's your tastes but I also disagree on SYW vs BTM, I don't love SYW but to me, BTM just sounded kind of weird, something in the production went wrong or something but to me it was just an awkward sounding album.

And I don't mind 80s pop. I actually like Tango a lot. It is what it is, I think something of the times. He doesn't do that type of sound anymore. Everywhere is such a classic tho, I think it's perfect in its final form, so sparkly and poppy.

What I think Lindsey has issues with is writing long solos. I know he's said things to suggest he knows he has limitations as a player but he's still great and I don't think you have to be Eric Clapton to be more creative and crank out a solo. He did it with So Afraid and GYOW but he tends to reuse them a lot.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey WAS single for a very long time.

Michele
Lindsey was never single for a long time. After the breakup with Carol Ann he hooked up with Cheri the same year, after Cheri then Anne Heche right away and then Cheri again and then after that came Kristen pretty shortly after. I always thought that was funny about him. He hops from long term relationship to long term relationship with quite short periods in between. A serial monogamist.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lindsey was never single for a long time. After the breakup with Carol Ann he hooked up with Cheri the same year, after Cheri then Anne Heche right away and then Cheri again and then after that came Kristen pretty shortly after. I always thought that was funny about him. He hops from long term relationship to long term relationship with quite short periods in between. A serial monogamist.
More that "monogamist", I think about him as a "long term relationship man".
Old 11-27-2016, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
More that "monogamist", I think about him as a "long term relationship man".
True. I remember when Connie Hamzy talked about her...experiences with him (as well as with Mick and John). Where there's one, there's probably others. So he wasn't always a faithful little pile of hair
Old 11-27-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
True. I remember when Connie Hamzy talked about her...experiences with him (as well as with Mick and John). Where there's one, there's probably others. So he wasn't always a faithful little pile of hair
Not to mention the occasional Stevie comebacks.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The part in Carol Ann's book where Stevie semi-attacked her backstage on the Tusk tour and then Lindsey went to 'confront' her and then Stevie had a 'rash'...
Old 11-27-2016, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They're still happening, right?
Old 11-27-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
They're still happening, right?
No I don't think so. I was talking about the 1976-1987 period, they both admitted that in that period they occasional had moments of being "more than friends".
There was also that daughter of a staff member that remembered of having seen them making out in a corridor during the making of Tusk.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
The part in Carol Ann's book where Stevie semi-attacked her backstage on the Tusk tour and then Lindsey went to 'confront' her and then Stevie had a 'rash'...
Ah ah, I didn't remember that! Maybe hate sex?
Old 11-27-2016, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah ah, I didn't remember that! Maybe hate sex?
Tusk era Lindsey was pretty damn steamy so I don't blame her. Hairy hippie Lindsey is forever my #1 but I also love Tusk Lindsey. Also the highly underrated 1978 transition period Lindsey with the super low buttoned shirts and silky jackets.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No I don't think so. I was talking about the 1976-1987 period, they both admitted that in that period they occasional had moments of being "more than friends".
There was also that daughter of a staff member that remembered of having seen them making out in a corridor during the making of Tusk.
I was merely "shipper baiting".
Old 11-27-2016, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I was merely "shipper baiting".
See, that's kind of what I mean by negativity. I don't mean to sound like I'm saying you in particular are being rude or anything, so don't take this the wrong way, but when people make unnecessary snarky comments or things intended to sound condescending when there's really no purpose, it could make someone who is a shipper or whatever else the comment is directed towards feel belittled or like they're being mocked or like their thoughts/opinions are stupid. That's what I've noticed the most on this place, is things like that, which are just kind of mean sometimes and unnecessary.