The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:11 PM

Default Bootlegs please!

Hi, I'm a newcomer and I'd like to launch my registration talking about my favourite thing, bootlegs.
To start I'd like to have a good copy of 1978 Dallas concert if anyone has it, I'll reciprocate every kind soul posting whatever I have.
I'll start with my favourite version of "Dreams" from the rumours tour, from the Osaka 1977 concert since I think it's pretty rare and when I can I'll post the rest of the concert.

(Correct link repost) http://www.mediafire.com/listen/t762.../03_Dreams.mp3

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 09-19-2014 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: correction
Old 09-17-2014, 06:31 AM

As i promised:
OSAKA 1977
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/c6j...2avte35/shared

In my collection I have:

From 1975:
Boston
New Orleans
Oakland
Passaic
Salem
Wallingford

From 1977:
Buffalo
Kansas
Los Angeles
Las Vegas
Little Rock
Madison Square Garden
Nagoya
Nashville
Oklahoma
Orlando
Osaka
Paris
Providence

From 1978:
Baton Rouge
Largo

From 1979:
Boston
Largo (incomplete)
Los Angeles
Philadelphia (Live Ivory)
St.Louis

From 1980:
Chicago (Disc 1)
Hollywood Bowl
Melbourne
Mobile
Richfield (Cleveland)
Rotterdam
Seattle
Sidney
Yokohama

From 1982:
Baton Rouge
Denver
East Troy
Los Angeles
Memphis
Oakland
Tempe
US festival

From 1987:
Fresno
London
Salt Lake City
San Francisco

From 1997:
Irvine

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 09-23-2014 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: correction
Old 09-17-2014, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
As i promised:
OSAKA 1977
Thank you for this. I had never heard this show before. I LOVED this Rhiannon.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Greetings to you, SisterNightroad!
Thanks and much appreciation for you sharing this show. I'm burned it to CD and have been enjoying it. They were a much looser band then, but so good. One thing I noticed is that the first song Say You Love Me, isn't from this show, but from a Christine solo show. At first I thought the introduction was a joke when they said Please welcome Christine McVie , but I immediately recognized it was her solo band.

Where in Italy do you live? (My paternal grandfather was born in Northern Italy. When he was only 12 years old he was sent alone on a boat to join relatives in New England/USA. His son, my father married my mother,who was from a Sicilian family. Unfortunately I don't know how to speak the language other than a lot of Italian swear/curse words!)

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-18-2014 at 02:19 AM..
Old 09-18-2014, 03:55 AM

You're both welcome vivfox and PenguinHead!
I also love this Rhiannon especially for the adlibs she does near the end, I think it's my favorite Rhiannon from the rumours tour.
I wouldn't expect the first song being from another show, I thought it was strange that they greeted Christine instead of the whole band but I thought that i just didn't have the intro of the concert.
I live in the border of Umbria and Tuscany, in Città della pieve, in Italy it's a quite known village because it's the birthplace of a quite known painter that was the master of Leonardo Da Vinci.
If you're curious this is a photo: http://foto.umbriaonline.com/wp-cont...panoramica.jpg

P.S. I checked "Say you love me" and while maybe the introduction can possibly be from another show, i have to say that in the chorus I definitely hear Stevie's voice.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 09-18-2014 at 06:41 AM..
Old 09-18-2014, 08:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Tusk Tusk Tusk

If you wanted to post the Tusk shows...that'd be appreciated I have a couple things here and there, but I don't know that I've come across whole shows outside of the Yokohama one. Interesting collection!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I've burned it to CD and have been enjoying it.
I'd like to know what the standout tracks are for you.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Ledgie

Thankyou very much for this, this recording of Landslide is incredible and is now one of my favorites
Old 09-18-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac95 View Post
Thankyou very much for this, this recording of Landslide is incredible and is now one of my favorites
You're welcome! This is my favourite Rumours show, so every track is potentially my favourite!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
If you wanted to post the Tusk shows...that'd be appreciated I have a couple things here and there, but I don't know that I've come across whole shows outside of the Yokohama one. Interesting collection!
What Tusk shows are you most interested in? I have to say that I don't know if all of them are complete, but I'm certain that most of it are; I'm sure that Chicago is only the first half of the show though.
Right now I'm working to add Seattle and Rotterdam from 1980 to my collection.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Any of them really. Is there one that you think is the best? I'm a big fan of the Sara performances from the tour. It was the right time for that song. The appearance of Over and Over and Think About Me would be a plus. What do you think is the highlight for you from those shows?
Old 09-18-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
Any of them really. Is there one that you think is the best? I'm a big fan of the Sara performances from the tour. It was the right time for that song. The appearance of Over and Over and Think About Me would be a plus. What do you think is the highlight for you from those shows?
I personally like the Richfield and the Chicago concerts Looking from the whole show point of view, and they have very good quality (respectively A and B). The Richfield version of Sara is very good, you can listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiyCn0FTkmM
Listen also this to form an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhau5Q4NENc
I just downloaded the Rotterdam concert and I'm listening to it; it's a very energetic and rocking performance, both musically and vocally good, but has an awful quality (C or D). In compensation there is a rare performance of That's enough for me, and one of the best Rhiannon from the Tusk tour in my opinion, with lots of fierce improvisation from Stevie.
Today I also listened to Seattle, it's very good, it almost sound like a soundboard.
The Mobile and Hollywood Bowl shows both have Think about me and Over and over.
Over and over is also present on St.Louis and Philadelphia.
A huge highlight for me is the presence of the USC marching band on the Los angeles show, altough the quality isn't stellar (B/C).

P.S. I'll post the entire shows when I have more time. I usually don't listen very closely to Sara on bootleg because even if I think the live rendition it's really lovely, I also think it's one of those songs for which is better the album version so I'll check up later your response.
Meanwhile listen to this version from the tusk rehearsals, it's close to the album version: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/l87f.../2-14_Sara.mp3

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 09-18-2014 at 03:35 PM..
Old 09-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just downloaded the Rotterdam concert and I'm listening to it; it's a very energetic and rocking performance, both musically and vocally good, one of the best Rhiannon from the Tusk tour in my opinion, with lots of fierce improvisation from Stevie.
I agree with you completely.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default That wail...

I think Richfield would be a nice one to have. When you can get to it. Thanks so much!
Old 09-18-2014, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're both welcome vivfox and PenguinHead!
I also love this Rhiannon especially for the adlibs she does near the end, I think it's my favorite Rhiannon from the rumours tour.
I wouldn't expect the first song being from another show, I thought it was strange that they greeted Christine instead of the whole band but I thought that i just didn't have the intro of the concert.
I live in the border of Umbria and Tuscany, in Città della pieve, in Italy it's a quite known village because it's the birthplace of a quite known painter that was the master of Leonardo Da Vinci.
If you're curious this is a photo: http://foto.umbriaonline.com/wp-cont...panoramica.jpg

P.S. I checked "Say you love me" and while maybe the introduction can possibly be from another show, i have to say that in the chorus I definitely hear Stevie's voice.
Thanks for sharing a little personal information. I'd to explore Italy in my lifetime. I was in Venice for a day way back in the eighties, when I went on a month long "Let's blow through Europe" trip with a friend. It was loosely planned; but we were young and stupid.

I have bootlegs of Christine's solo tour, and know what her band sounds like. The opening song is absolutely from her tour. Sonic-wise, and instrumentally it's quality is stark difference from the rest of the show; it's even apparent in the audience applause, as she performed in smaller venues. Christine's band, while very competent, had a more light-weight delivery than Fleetwood Mac. I can see how you might hear Stevie in the mix. Her band was all men, and one of them had a high voice that mimicked the harmonies. I'm really curious how/why that performance got slipped in. Would sure like to have the actual performance.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-18-2014 at 11:38 PM..