The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
If you want to discuss it privately like we were before, I'm all for it. But I'm not interested in hashing out your personal vendetta on the board.
Fair enough.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Malloy is f*cking pissed.
He is! I couldn't believe some of the things he was saying, my jaw was on the floor. He's going after anyone and everyone with such ferocity. Good for him.

Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Are they still claiming they didn't know about particular masses of refugees despite the fact that the world already knew about them? What's happening now? Why are all the news teams getting in their but the rescuers aren't? Every minute this continues it multiplies in degree of alarm. It's been too long now, this is when deaths via various means are bound to increase so why the hell are we just seeing news reporters with babies and not rescuers taking masses out? Have I missed an update?
No, you haven't. It's inexplicable and dastardly.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
I just don't feel that this whole Katrina issue has to do with the color of someone's da*n skin!
Let me put it to you this way... when the Titanic struck the iceburg, it was those in the upperclass who were taken care of first.

The lowerclass passengers were left to fend for themselves, because they were viewed as nothing more than riff-raff who had nothing to offer society the way that the upperclass passengers supposedly did.

The situation in New Orleans is really no different. We had opportunities to protect those who couldn't protect themselves, and we blew it. We failed thousands of people, and it's sickening.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Let me put it to you this way... when the Titanic struck the iceburg, it was those in the upperclass who were taken care of first.

The lowerclass passengers were left to fend for themselves, because they were viewed as nothing more than riff-raff who had nothing to offer society the way that the upperclass passengers supposedly did.

The situation in New Orleans is really no different. We had opportunities to protect those who couldn't protect themselves, and we blew it. We failed thousands of people, and it's sickening.
*applause*
Old 09-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Plus the very fact that our political/social/economic system made people of all one race the poorest people....

Old 09-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
He's hamming it up like you wouldn't believe.
I don't think i could handle it. I can't watch Faux anyway.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Are they still claiming they didn't know about particular masses of refugees despite the fact that the world already knew about them? What's happening now? Why are all the news teams getting in their but the rescuers aren't? Every minute this continues it multiplies in degree of alarm. It's been too long now, this is when deaths via various means are bound to increase so why the hell are we just seeing news reporters with babies and not rescuers taking masses out? Have I missed an update?
I do not know the answer to that. A timeline of this indicates that prior to the hitting of the storm and once FEMA took over from the state govt. - FEMA sent in food, supplies (to the dome and other shelters) as well as some manpower were sent in prior to the storm's landfall.

Then, other than organizing the house to house search and rescue, which went by all accounts understandably slow but well, FEMA seems to have stalled for four days. I get that they were organizing the food and supplies onto the trucks - but it does not take four days to do that. FEMA can build concrete structures in two days Many people were commenting that they were able to drive into NOLA and directly up to the convention center, which was where the rescued people were dropped off with no word on help. So, FEMA cannot claim that it did not know about these people or that, prior to the storm, it should have organized the food and supplies. I mean FEMA has been planning for this for 30 years.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3
If this was The Hamptons or Kennebunkport there would be luxury cruise ships lined up to take in the 'refugees'I can't understand how anyone could be naive and myopic enough not to see that the response or lack thereof has been race and class motivated.I am ashamed and sorrowful to call myself an American in the wake of this.Most escpecially I thought I could not despise this miserable excuse for a president anymore than I already had ,but this slimy piece of offal has sunk to a new low.If there is an afterlife surely this pile of refuse known as George W. Bush will pay for his crimes against humanity.
I'm going to say it again. I think this will cost him his presidency.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was counting on it, but this is his second term - do you think there will be an impeachment????

Old 09-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

and, again, it is more than that. Initially, FEMA had supplies, etc., at the Dome and they operated a succesful search and rescue on Monday into Tuesday. Then, BAM nothing until Friday except planning, which they should have done on Sunday. It makes no sense.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Something big will go down, there's no doubt about it. Bush and his cronies are marked men.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Something big will go down, there's no doubt about it. Bush and his cronies are marked men.
Fox was already trying to spin it to Gov. Blanco - but, of course, not the GOP Gov. of MS. I cannot wait until Blanco explains that once FEMA took over, they, not her, were in charge of most of the operations and that she, and the Mayor of NOLA, asked them repeatedly for action, but got none after the initial stuff for four days.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Fox was already trying to spin it to Gov. Blanco - but, of course, not the GOP Gov. of MS. I cannot wait until Blanco explains that once FEMA took over, they, not her, were in charge of most of the operations and that she, and the Mayor of NOLA, asked them repeatedly for action, but got none after the initial stuff for four days.
They're trying to blame Nagin and that is pissing me off big time.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
He is! I couldn't believe some of the things he was saying, my jaw was on the floor. He's going after anyone and everyone with such ferocity. Good for him.
I love him when he is like this.